Profile for Margot Harrison > Reviews

Content by Margot Harrison

Margot Harrison (Coventry UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Dominion
Dominion

4.0 out of 5 stars Lest we forget, 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Dominion (Kindle Edition)
I liked it partly because I lived through those times and knew that area of London well. My aunt was subjected to ECT at that time too. Had to have a break as his descriptions of the atmosphere were so good I began to feel quite depressed.We have come a long way since those times, something we dont always realise.
Enjoyed it, good story Also agreed with the postscripts, with their warnings about the newer politics.

Fatty O'Leary's Dinner Party
Fatty O'Leary's Dinner Party

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the way McCall Smith gives his gentle messages, 23 Sept. 2014
I love the way McCall Smith gives his gentle messages. Much insight into the problems around enjoying food and a clear reproof of the critics of those of stouter build. A good light hearted read that makes you feel good.

Marware Sleeq Capacitive Stylus for Touchscreen Devices, Red
Marware Sleeq Capacitive Stylus for Touchscreen Devices, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Touchscreen stylus, 27 May 2014
Have trouble keeping the stylus and my iphone together but works well for texts. Need to devise a method of attaching stylus to phone.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case, Royal Purple - fits all Paperwhite generations

5.0 out of 5 stars Purple Kindle case for Paperwhite, 25 April 2014
Kindle slipped into case easily, and stayed there! Loved the purple colour. Nothing to dislike really. Looks as though will wear well.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars So true to life, 17 April 2014
Beautifully written with great insight into married relationship breakdown after a tragedy. Perhaps not the best read if you are feeling depressed but so well observed it is worth carrying on reading.

River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze
River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze
by Peter Hessler

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaching in a Chinese College, 21 Dec. 2013
Great introduction to understanding the Chinese way of life and customs as it was in the 1990's. Enjoyed his follow up The Oracle Bones too.

No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday:  A Very Funny Romantic Novel
No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday: A Very Funny Romantic Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars No-one has sex on a Tuesday., 20 Jun. 2013
Not really for my age group . Finished it because I wanted to know what happened so did hold my attention. Over 45 years ago that I had a baby and I felt the humour was often very contrived. I chose it because it said it was funny and I seem to have been reading some quite depressing books recently. Wouldn't choose another by this author but think my grand children would like it.

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park

4.0 out of 5 stars Thursdays in the Park, 3 Dec. 2012
Enjoyed reading it. My first Granny lit .A nice quick relaxing read, with quite a lot of humour appreciated by the over 60s.

Kipling Women's Rachele Shoulder Bag
Kipling Women's Rachele Shoulder Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipling bag, 11 Aug. 2012
I love the shade of red of this bag. Chose it for the size. It holds all one needs including a small umbrella, camera and Kindle but still neat to look at. Need to think about pocket use. At first I kept losing my purse at the bottom of the main section so transfered to the zip pocket. My old black one is really too big but good for holidays. It has been washed at least three times in the washing machine and comes up like new (and more hygenic). Kipling bags are just so practical. Sturdy but light.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1)
by Stieg Larsson

5.0 out of 5 stars Salander, 26 Jun. 2010
Sweden seems to be suddenly on the world stage. Salander is a great character with enviable talents. A fast moving exciting story. Many references to coffee!! So many in fact it almost became a distraction. Am now reading the last of the trilogy, slowly as I dont want it to end. So sad that Larsson is dead and there will be no more adventures of Lisbeth Salander, but she will live on in my mind for a long time.

Page: 1 | 2