Profile for As Brown > Reviews

Content by As Brown

As Brown "dingbat587" (Edinburgh)

Trespass Women's Minette Jacket - Blush, XX-Small
Trespass Women's Minette Jacket - Blush, XX-Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Sep 2014
It is quite a bit lighter than in appears in this picture (think a pinkish apricot), but it's great - the fit is perfect, it's incredibly comfortable, quite light and the price was amazing. I haven't been out in torrential rain yet, but I almost want it to storm just to have an excuse to wear it...

Wolf with Benefits (The Pride Series Book 8)
Wolf with Benefits (The Pride Series Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet1, 26 Mar 2013
This was released today and, although I couldn't resist opening it, I intended to savour it slowly...I couldn't!
Wolf with benefits introduces a whole plethora of new characters in addition to old favourites and, personally, I think Toni's family made this book (although, as always there is much to amuse and entertain in all Ms. Laurenstons books). I can imagine Kyle and Ulva getting together in about twenty years time to wreak havock on the world.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Three Mobile Huawei E353U Prepay 1GB - Black
Three Mobile Huawei E353U Prepay 1GB - Black
Offered by Bluestone Online

5.0 out of 5 stars dongle, 14 Oct 2011
I bought this not expecting much - I had previously used an O2 dongle and it was the most frustrating thing in the world - took forever for even the simplest web page to load. However, I did need to have internet while my home broadband is being set up, so I thought I'd try three. Best wifi I've got that's not on a home broadband system, and better than some of those!

Lexmark X2670 All In One Printer
Lexmark X2670 All In One Printer

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, 25 Sep 2011
connecting cable not supplied with the printer, which is slightly annoying...basic cheap printer, does what it needs to do (once you have bought the cable)

Strictly Professional Rose Water 500ml
Strictly Professional Rose Water 500ml
Offered by YOU Salons

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely toner, 20 Sep 2011
This works beautifully as a gentle toner, not drying at all, but not heavy - my skin can be prone to acne, but this actually works really well - it is neither oily nor dehydrating for the skin. Really good value for the amount you get, and smells really pretty too! I have already ordered more...

Where's Wally - Coasters 4 Pack - 20436
Where's Wally - Coasters 4 Pack - 20436

4.0 out of 5 stars just like it says on the tin, 20 Sep 2011
four coasters (delivered quickly - ordered on Saturday, arrived on Tuesday)...nice quality with a bit of fun! Just like the books, so kids (and grown ups) can try to find wally

Soulless: Book 1 of The Parasol Protectorate
Soulless: Book 1 of The Parasol Protectorate
by Gail Carriger

5.0 out of 5 stars best new series I've read in ages, 31 July 2011
This is a series that almost defies explanation. Not many authors could combine so plausibly Austen-esque manners and clothing, clockwork mechanical devices of all sorts and an intriguing paranormal edge. Alexia has no soul, a dead Italian father, a ditzy self-absorbed mother and a very useful parasol. The first has drawn her into the supernatural underworld, where she is feared for her soulless nature which allows her to turn any supernatural creature human with a touch. Add in a mix of mad scientists, a vampire dandy and a werewolf Earl and the Parasol Protectorate provides a detailed, magical new world to explore. Yay!

Regeneration
Regeneration
by Pat Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it - it's great!, 25 Jun 2009
This review is from: Regeneration (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me by a friend, and once I started, it was so good I rationed myself to make it last longer!

Sensitive, wonderfully written and well researched, the encounter between Rivers, a psychologist torn between duty to his country and duty to his patients, and Sassoon, one of our foremost WWI poets, will change your perspective on war and soldiers forever.

I somewhat rashly lent it to my dad, who loved it so much he won't give it back! Enjoy!