Profile for Zplintz > Reviews

Content by Zplintz

Zplintz

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
KiDiGi - Car charger mounting cradle "Cover Mate" with handsfree for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / N7100 (Retail packaging)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sturdy holder for my Note2 N7100, 4 Sep 2013
Solid construction. It holds my phone vertically or horizontally and can be moved for any other angle. The mechanism allows you to lock it in place, so no slippage.

The suction cup is strong and a flat disc is provided for those (like myself) that have a bumpy dashboard. On a smooth area of my car, the holder held on like a limpet. I ended up glueing the disc to the area I wanted (that no previous phone suction cup has ever stayed connected to). The suction cup holds brilliantly to what is now the perfect surface. I wish I had thought to glue a hard smooth area before now.

With the insert removed my phone fits well with a gel cover attached. I didn't try with my old flip cover - I imagine some of these make the phone very large indeed.

There is a socket for plugging your car lighter into the holder and a short cable from the holder to your phone. Because I currently connect my phone to my in-car system via a stereo jack cable this system means both the audio and power cables exit the same side of the unit which makes keeping it tidy easier.

So far the holder (and my phone) have survived 1000's of miles driving (including unmade roads, an emergency stop and maybe more of a test, my two young children using the car like an assault course (when stationary and engine off of course).

I am very happy with this holder - good design and workshop and really good value for money.

Holistic Game Development with Unity: An All-in-One Guide to Implementing Game Mechanics, Art, Design and Programming
by Penny de Byl
Price: 24.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beginners book for Unity3d, 19 May 2013
I am not a noob to computers, software or programming but I am a noob to 3d game design in general and Unity3d itself. This book simultaneously teaches you about 3d games in general and how to use this knowledge with Unity.

Included are examples of each aspect of Unity in easy to follow steps. Each tutorial leaves you with enough understanding and scope of what you just achieved to play with parameters to further understanding. Thanks to Unity's structure an amazing amount can be achieved with very little effort. The author has used this to great affect.

The author's obvious deep interest in the mechanics of 3d game design and its application has also inspired me to study various aspects of mathematics that I now realise will massively help with my control of objects in the 3d environment.

I think it is an excellent book and unlike a stack of other software reference books in my Kindle collection - this is not one I got 33% of the way through before thinking it a waste of money.

Tomy Hippo Pedalo Bath Toy
Tomy Hippo Pedalo Bath Toy
Offered by The Global Trader
Price: 11.92

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great - kids (and mum) loved it and we all ended up humming the tune., 3 April 2012
Unfortunately after a very short time it stopped working properly. I think maybe water into the electrics/batteries. Managed to get it working a few times, but even opening everything up to allow it to dry wasnt enough in the end. If you are going to make a bath toy you gotta make sure it can handle being placed in water.

Ultimately disapointed with this product.

11.1V, 4800mAh, 6cells ,Li-ion, New Replacement Laptop Battery for Acer Aspire 2920 2920z 2420 3620 5540 Series Travelmate 2440 3240 2420 2420A 2470 Series ; Compatible Part Numbers: BTP-ARJ1 BTP-AQJ1 BTP-ANJ1 BTP-APJ1 BTP-AS3620 BTP-AMJ1 BTP-ASJ1 BTP-B2J1 BTP-AOJ1

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 29 Feb 2012
Had no problems with the battery. It charges quickly and lasts for about 2 hours with everything running (ie Hard drive awake and screen on bright and cpu working)

Canon AS-120 Calculator Desktop Battery/Solar Mark-up 12 Digit 3 Memory Keys Dark Grey Ref 4582B001AA
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited
Price: 5.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid build and works., 15 Jan 2012
Good value for the money - the buttons and case are very solid and buttons respond well. No complaints about this calculator for the money.

Bagbase Belt / Waist / Bum Bag in Black
Bagbase Belt / Waist / Bum Bag in Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Very basic bumbag - ok for the money I suppose, 15 Jan 2012
Nothing particular wrong with this bumbag considering the cost. It seems sturdily built and the lack of anything other than black means it stays pretty much unseen when worn.

The zipped back pocket though is very hard to get into and almost impossible to get coins out one handed.

I will keep it as a spare but will get a better (more expensive) one for day to day use (with a zipped or velcro inside pocket and zipped front pocket for coins).

Still it was cheap.

JVC HA-FX66-B - 'Air Cushion' In Ear Headphones - Black
JVC HA-FX66-B - 'Air Cushion' In Ear Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good value for money - Excellent base and ok mid range, 15 Jan 2012
I have a habit of losing or trashing my headphones and earphones (beyond any limits of the warranty) so I dont bother with expensive ones. For the money these fit really well in my ears (using the marshmellow buds - they also come with 2 different sized silicon buds). They limit the external sounds entering your ear and even with my music on my colleague doesnt even know if I have my music on or not in the office.

I would (will?) by these ones again - really good value for money.

Sony BDVE380.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video
Sony BDVE380.CEK 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD 5.1ch Home Cinema BRAVIA Internet Video

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 11 Dec 2011
Setup was very easy (I liked the auto sound setup using the supplied microphone - the room isnt square and the television is in one corner to ideal surround setup isnt possible - however I put the microphone where I sit - did the auto sound setup and it sounds fantastic.

Unit is sleak (if not a little too wide) - I dont like the sloaping display panel but it is at least clear when you are standing up and. Sounds quality is good - I like the depth of the subwoofer without having to have it overpower the rest of the sounds. Huge number of connectivity options and setups. DVD Blu-ray player is very responsive and quick to load up (unlike my previous samsung player). No lip-sync issues.

Overall very good value for money package.

The Demon Trap (Short Reads)
The Demon Trap (Short Reads)
Price: 0.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the short stories - great buy whilst waiting for PHs next full book, 31 Oct 2011
I am enjoying the stories. Some are standalone and others link into existing titles (Paul Mayo is there with her OCD).

Great buy whilst I wait for (hopefully) another 3-6 book sage of mammoth proportions from Peter Hammlton

Desktop Calculator - Big display
Desktop Calculator - Big display
Offered by AbbeyShake
Price: 4.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Size and Display are good but the buttons are not., 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: Desktop Calculator - Big display
The keypad size and angled display are good but the buttons are not quite right. You have to press the buttons harder than I would like (maybe they will ease up over time) - This unfortunately makes fast use impossible because you can never be sure you have pressed hard enough without checking each keypress.

The unit has two little rubber feet underneath near the back and nothing at the front so this leaves the unit flexing slightly (and this probably doesnt help the key response) - I may take the feet off to see if sitting flat on the desk helps.

The unit itself is cheap - so cant complain about that but considering the delivery charge, there are probably better buys - no complaints about the seller - this is about this unit only.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3