Profile for martwalk > Reviews

Content by martwalk

martwalk

Petzl Tikkina 2 headlamp blue headlamp
Petzl Tikkina 2 headlamp blue headlamp

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent companion on a five week trip to India, 28 Aug 2013
This was one of the pieces of equipment I used virtually every day on my trip, for reading whilst traveling, for walking along dark streets, for dealing with frequent power cuts and for reading in hotel and guesthouses when my traveling companions had gone to sleep. Amazingly after five weeks there is no reduction in power from the light. It is comfortable to wear and easy to use.

NEW 2014 Travel Tap ' Flip spout ' 800 ml pure water filter bottle with insulated carrier - 1600 Lts

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but slowed up sooner than expected, 28 Aug 2013
I've just come back from 5 weeks in India, trekking in Ladakh and traveling overland from Delhi to Kerala and Tamil Nadu. I used the Travel Tap to decanter filtered water into bottles for three of us traveling together. The Tap worked really well for the time in the Himalayas, where we were able to use it to filter water in guesthouses and mountain streams (which tasted particularly good). We didn't have to buy any plastic bottles, we avoided using chemical purifiers and felt safe drinking water wherever we were. We probably got through about 200 litres over the two weeks in the mountains, After this the Tap became increasingly difficult to use to decanter into the other bottles. It worked better if you just used the it to suck from the spout. After about three weeks I gave up using it, and had to resort to chemicals and plastic bottles, which was a pity. The claim for 1600 litres seems far too ambitious, and I would rather have had a more realistic estimate, and then I'd have invested in a second filter, because I think the amount of money and waste that you save on compared with plastic bottles is worth it.

Raleigh Moon Black Front and Rear LED USB Rechargable Bike / Cycle Lights
Raleigh Moon Black Front and Rear LED USB Rechargable Bike / Cycle Lights
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd
Price: 24.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and easy to use bike lights, 25 Nov 2011
I have had these lights for about a month and have used them almost every day as the nights draw in. So far they have been great. They are small enough to fit easily and neatly into the pocket of my hi - vis jacket, yet they power out plenty of light so that I can be seen as I cycle home. The front light is average if you want it as a single light source when cycling along unlit roads. I really like the fact that they can be recharged via a USB input, which means that I can keep them topped up at work and home and not have to worry about fading batteries. What is also brilliant is the low level warning light flashing to let me know that they need re-charging - that's intelligent design. The rubber clip fitting means that they can be usefully adjusted to fit onto many different parts of my bike. Perhaps my only concern is how long the rubber clip might last.