Profile for JanP > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Simplicity Sewing Pattern 2685 Accessories
Simplicity Sewing Pattern 2685 Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite bag pattern, 20 July 2014
I have had this pattern for over a year now. I have made the yellow style one 6 times - always as a request when people see the one I made for myself. I have also made all the others. They suit a range of fabrics and are surprisingly roomy. I cheat a bit and make a patch pocket inside to speed things up. I also add a magnetic clasp to the top as I don't like bags to gape open. Of all the bag patterns I have (and there are many!) this is my favourite.

The Hidden Cottage
The Hidden Cottage

5.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday read, 20 July 2014
Loved this one. I could see so many people I know (myself included) in the characters. Nothing too complex, just a good holiday read.

Life After Life
Life After Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really my cup of tea, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
I am a KA fan but was a bit disappointed with this one. Seemed to stretch a point too far and I ended up constantly thinking - OK so now the darkness falls ...

Snap on 1-4 (Quarter Inch) Quilting /Patchwork Foot with Edge Guide for low shank domestic sewing machine by 60°®
Offered by c9store

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-purpose marvel, 20 July 2014
Excellent. A good solid foot with lots of different markings to aid sewing. Wish I'd bought one sooner.

20 Domestic Sewing Machine Bobbins WILL FIT, BROTHER,TOYOTA, JANOME CLEAR
20 Domestic Sewing Machine Bobbins WILL FIT, BROTHER,TOYOTA, JANOME CLEAR
Offered by BuyOnline Cart

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 20 July 2014
Brilliant. Makes sewing so much easier with a stash of bobbins. Not expensive, either.

Hunger (Kindle Single)
Hunger (Kindle Single)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and enjoyable, 20 July 2014
A quick read. Enjoyable but felt the ending was a bit vague. This is often the case with Susan Hill - leaves you to ponder ...

Sew Jelly Roll Quilts & Gifts
Sew Jelly Roll Quilts & Gifts
by Carolyn Forster

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 20 July 2014
Delighted. I have quite a few patchwork and sewing books but this arrived in the morning and by the evening I had pieced together a quilt! A brilliant stash-buster. However, many of the projects require additional fabrics to the jelly rolls so might incur a bit more expense.

Janome J3-20 Sewing Machine
Janome J3-20 Sewing Machine
Offered by Sewit4you

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Janome J3-20 Sewing Machine
Thrilled to have received so quickly. It is a very straightforward machine but with lots of scope. I didn't want anything too complicated. Have been using it every day since it arrived. So quiet compared to my old one. Ideal mid-range machine.

Sew Pretty Homestyle: Over 35 Irresistible Projects to Fall in Love with
Sew Pretty Homestyle: Over 35 Irresistible Projects to Fall in Love with
by Tone Finnanger

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty indeed, 20 July 2014
Very pretty book with lots of ideas. Some I already have in other books but it makes a nice coffee table book.

Simplicity Sewing Pattern 2396 Accessories
Simplicity Sewing Pattern 2396 Accessories
Offered by supermart USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward sewing., 20 July 2014
Looks like 4 patterns but is really only 2 in different fabrics. Anyway, I like it and have made the round one already.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3