Profile for Jofr > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Wars of the Roses: Stormbird First Free Chapter
Wars of the Roses: Stormbird First Free Chapter

2.0 out of 5 stars No energy, 18 April 2014
I chose this having just read Agincourt by Bernard Cornwell.
Unfortunately this is a pale shadow, lacking pace and believable characters compared to Cornwell, I will not be getting the rest of the book instead I will buy one from the master of historical novels.

Basic Economics for Students and Non-Students Alike
Basic Economics for Students and Non-Students Alike
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, 18 April 2014
I am really enjoying this read, explains economics in a very simple practical way and I find I can understand technical content that other books left me completely confused about.
A very good starting point.

The 80/20 Pareto Principle: Its Application in Daily Life and Business
The 80/20 Pareto Principle: Its Application in Daily Life and Business
Price: 1.86

3.0 out of 5 stars Not detailed enough, 18 April 2014
I was very interested in reading this book having used the Pareto principle during my working life.
Although the author mentioned lots of opportunities to use the 80/20 principle he did not get into data collection and Pareto graphs.
This is a good tool to understand what you should be focussing on but you do not intuitively know what data to collect or how to graph the 80/20 decision making.
So I think a chapter on practical examples would help the beginner.

Stop Snoring, Anti Snoring Jaw Strap - #1 Rated Device on the market!
Stop Snoring, Anti Snoring Jaw Strap - #1 Rated Device on the market!
Offered by Home Health Store
Price: 28.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Snoring but improving, 18 April 2014
I purchased this item hoping to stop snoring as claimed in the advertising, so far I have experienced a reduction but no where near enough to allow my wife a night of uninterrupted sleep.
I will continue with it as it takes time to get used to and versus the alternatives appears to be the most promising.

Stress Management Skills Training Course Build Success in Your Life by Goal Setting, Relaxation and Changing Thinking with NLP
Price: 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Good self help book, 3 April 2014
This book has helped me realize that there is much more to stress than you think, but the book helps you understand that it is up to you to determine how to handle the different types of stress you experience.
It challenges you with many exercises to learn and practice, in preparation to tackle your stress.

A French Dictionary of Food and Drink
A French Dictionary of Food and Drink
Price: 2.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, 3 April 2014
I found this book very helpful, it covers the subject better than any travel information book or teach yourself French. My wife is French and this book has enabled her to say "Look it up" when I ask for a culinary word in French.

Mind Maps Explained: How To Remember Everything After Learning
Mind Maps Explained: How To Remember Everything After Learning
Price: 2.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 3 April 2014
I found this a very easy book to understand the concepts and get going. I am now driving the family mad with mind maps, so would definitely recommend this book.

Scotland's Future: Your Guide to an Independent Scotland
Scotland's Future: Your Guide to an Independent Scotland
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Long winded Guide, 3 April 2014
This book is so repetitive it could be sold as a cure for insomnia, it states the "Yes" sides case over and over and over........
Selective reading enabled me to understand the issues but I am sure there is a more concise read out there somewhere!

Home Recording for Musicians For Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback)) 4th (fourth) Edition by Strong, Jeff published by John Wiley & Sons (2011)
by Jeff Strong

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 6 Feb 2014
A great book for the beginner which is what I am. Explains everything in simple language and is helping me to cut through a lot of jargon and understand what is needed to make first class recordings without spending all my pocket money.

SPIKED - The story of a woman drugged with GhB and how she was turned into a criminal.
Price: 5.14

4.0 out of 5 stars A Hard read, 6 Feb 2014
The reviews convinced me to try this book but I must admit I was sceptical about it being a true story and this lasted about halfway into the book. I found it shocking that this could happen and amazed at how many people seemed to know about it but did next to nothing to help her. The hypnosis coupled to the drug I found hard to believe but gradually I found myself being convinced by the story. It was a very interesting book even though a difficult subject, I would hate someone I know to be compromised like that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3