Profile for Heather > Reviews

How to Draw Dinosaurs
How to Draw Dinosaurs
by Fiona Watt

3.0 out of 5 stars How to draw dinosaurs, 22 Mar. 2013
This review is from: How to Draw Dinosaurs (Paperback)
This book has alot of painting dinosaurs rather than drawing and shows you painting which is not what we were looking for .It was harder to follow for my son so he soon lost interest .Not as good as other books we have bought that show you how to start drawing .Bought for a six yr old

Point Man
Point Man

5.0 out of 5 stars A book everyone should read, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Point Man (Kindle Edition)
Being the Mother of a soldier with PTSD, injured in Afghanistan I find it hard to read books about war without getting either bored or too emotional and usually can't finish them but this book was brilliant .I wanted to understand more about what my son went through as a point man and this book took me there and helped me understand what these young men go through in war and also when they return home .
I found the book a roller coaster of emotions ,anger,saddness and frustration at the lack of help and understanding Kenny and his father John found when leaving the army .
I only wish we could hear what has happened to Kenny and John since this book was written .I pray that life has been kind to them both and John has found peace .

It's just a pity the politicians of this country don't read it !

Spiderman 3 Drawer Blue Bedroom Storage Unit by Marvel *EXCLUSIVE*
Spiderman 3 Drawer Blue Bedroom Storage Unit by Marvel *EXCLUSIVE*

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for spiderman fan, 18 Oct. 2012
Easy to put together and quite sturdy when built .Comes with instructions and allen key to put screws in .
Going to use it as a bedside cabinet but would be good for holding toy figures or small things .Drawers are material/canvas .Think we just might get a couple of pairs of pj's in each drawer or socks .
Delivery was very good , considering they came from Ireland .Ordered on the tuesday delivered on the thursday .

Four Cheeks to the Wind: The Story of a Two Year Transcontinental Bike Ride
Four Cheeks to the Wind: The Story of a Two Year Transcontinental Bike Ride
by Mary Bryant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 11 Sept. 2012
I got this on my kindle which is just as well as I think it would be a very thick book ,as it took me along time to read and I read every night .
Very descriptive book giving you the highs and lows of traveling .I felt as if I was with them sometimes ,especially one part where they cycled through a long narrow tunnel with only room for one car ,in the dark knowing that cars could be coming through fast any minute in the opposite direction and might not see their bike lights.
The author describes the scenery ,food and the people she meets well .Think this would be a great book for anyone thinking of traveling .I like the fact that they're not speeding through every where but taking time to enjoy the places they visit and enjoy the culture .

Basil Blossom Farm Double Pannier Bike Bag - 35 L, Blue
Basil Blossom Farm Double Pannier Bike Bag - 35 L, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty paniers, 31 Aug. 2012
Basil ,blue /white checked with flowers , double panniers .Basil Womens Double Bike Bag.

There is two buckle straps on each side for attaching panniers to top of rack and one velcro strap each side for attaching to side of the rack.
They are tricky to attach to side of rack and found the velcro comes lose if I bump or move the panniers but seem quite secure with straps on the top .Would be good if they came with fittings so the panniers could be taken off easily when shopping etc as it's to much hassle taking them off and on .I have been shopping with them and they hold quite alot of messages .Another cyclist asked me when passing did I have a piano in them ?!.Waterproof as well .

They look really nice on and fit my rack well .I've had a few people comment on how nice they are .Think panniers are good for the money and alot more feminine that plain old black panniers .

The Wind In My Wheels: Travel Tales from the Saddle
The Wind In My Wheels: Travel Tales from the Saddle
by Josie Dew

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 25 Aug. 2012
I have just bought this book again after reading it years ago when I was looking for a travel book .I wasn't really interested in cycling but after reading this I bought my first bike and then went on to buy a touring bike to do some cycle touring myself .
It really inspired me to get out and about instead of just reading about it .I would highly recommend it .

Not Easily Washed Away [Part 2]: Resolution, Ramification, and Rebuking Evil
Not Easily Washed Away [Part 2]: Resolution, Ramification, and Rebuking Evil

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 11 April 2012
I bought part 1 and 2 together.After reading part one I wished I hadn't as i found part one unrealistic .Part two is just boring and I coudn't finish it .Why do we have to know about her attraction and details of sexual encounters with other females ? I think it is just added to try and sell the book .

Empty Chairs
Empty Chairs

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 8 April 2012
This review is from: Empty Chairs (Kindle Edition)
I think this is the first book that has ever made me cry .The way Stacey has written the book I felt like I was there watching it all going on .I felt so many emotions while reading this.There is not much I can add that other reviewers haven't already covered .

I would highly recommend this book

Not Easily Washed Away
Not Easily Washed Away

1.0 out of 5 stars Unrealistic, 6 April 2012
I bought this after reading the reviews but found alot of it unrealistic.I have read alot of books like this but found alot of this book hard to believe ,especially the bit where her Father rapes her in the same room where her Mother ,sister and Brothers are sleeping and no one wakes up ? Her Mother never suspected her Father was abusing her even though the Father used to tell the Mother he was staying overnight in the Daughters room .Unbelievable !!

I was left feeling sorry for the American woman who they USED to get into the USA .The American get's her and her sister into the country,puts a roof over her head,let's her use her bank account etc ,gives her a car and all this girl can do is moan about the American.It tells you in the book that when her sister first arrives from Pakistan she can't even muster a hello to the American woman only sarcasim.Think that says it all .

I'm not taken in by this book at all and found alot of it boring .I don't need to hear how she brushed her teeth in a car .

Marley: Christmas Is Coming, Marley
Marley: Christmas Is Coming, Marley
by John Grogan
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Younger childs book, 31 Dec. 2011
My son who is nearly 5yrs loves Marley but we found this one more for younger children as it has very little story .It is more a baby book with things to touch and feel on the pages .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3