Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Profile for Alison > Reviews

Content by Alison

Alison (Wales)

SpaceMax Premium Jumbo Vacuum Storage Space Saver Bags (80% More Compression Than Competitor Bags). Free Travel Hand-Pump Included! (6 Pack)
Offered by I-Innovate

5.0 out of 5 stars Ive Got Loads More Room To Store Now!!, 12 Jun. 2016
The bags are nice and large and very well made. They are nice and strong. They are easy to open and insert the product inside. Unfortunately I did slightly struggle with closing these as the seal on them is what Id describe as the click and close seals like you get on a freezer/sandwichbag. The bags had two of these so they are nice and secure when sealed. The bags come with a slider to slide over the seal to help close it shut but to be honest I found them easier to close by just clicking them together with my hands. Maybe I haven't just quite worked out the knack for closing them quickly just yet!

Once packaged you need to unscrew the cap and insert the pump and pump all the air out. This is quite a lengthy process and in all honesty I got bored of pumping as it seemed never ending then gave up!

I was about to write my review and slightly mark the product down on this but I was interested to see what the other reviewers opinions were and that's when I read someone had mentioned not to bother with the pump and to use the end of the vacuum cleaner instead. Well what a top idea that was as I found out when I gave this a go and was so pleased to see it worked and completely sucked all the air out in seconds.

I'm very pleased with these bags and I would definitely purchase them in the future and have already recommended to two friends.

Here is a picture of two of the bags that have been vacuum sealed and the clip and close seal I tried to explain before.

Disclaimer: I was provided these vacuum bags by SpaceMax in exchange for an honest product review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Binge Eating Cure - Stop Binge Eating Disorder: Cure Your Binge Eating Disorder Once And For All (Treatments and Therapies Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 29 May 2016
I was kindly offered this book for free in exchange for an honest review. It is aimed at people who suffer with binge eating disorder.

The book is a nice easy read and is written in a language easy to understand. It states the facts really about the disorder and it doesn't feel patronising or over-opinionated. It's a nice easy read and definitely held my attention throughout.

The first chapter is about the disorder and is explained in a very helpful way and has made me think differently about it. I often had emotions such as blame, disgust etc but my opinions have now changed.

The book explains about the symptoms of the disorder and some of the treatments available to help.

There are 10 self help tips in the book which I will definitely be trying. They were very helpful indeed.

Overall I'd say to anyone who suffers from this disorder is to definitely have a read at this book as it just makes you understand the condition more, consequences and health risks and it just provides some very helpful tips to try throughout.

Tall Glass Coffee Mugs & Latte Spoons, 13.25oz 14.5cm - Set of 4.
Tall Glass Coffee Mugs & Latte Spoons, 13.25oz 14.5cm - Set of 4.
Offered by L&G London Uniforms U.K. (PRICES INC VAT)

5.0 out of 5 stars These glasses are definitely the perfect size and compliment it well, 15 Jan. 2016
I have bought these Latte mugs from this seller before about 3 years ago and I only had to replace them because I dropped one.

I was struggling to find a Latte glass that will hold the Costa Latte and Latte Machiato drinks for the Tassimo machine. These glasses are definitely the perfect size and compliment it well.

They are very well made, the glass is at least twice the thickness of the latte mugs that are around at the moment with the handles at the bottom. So plenty of wear and tear in them! Which leads me on to the handles. The handles are in the perfect place, they are the right thickness and I am able to hold the mug comfortably.

I did have a few concerns about whether they would arrive in one piece, you know what couriers are like! But fair play to the seller they couldn't of been packaged any better, The box was the perfect size which doesn't have much room for movement for the mugs to clatter around and each glass was individually wrapped in lots of bubble wrap and padded out with plastic.

Brilliant seller, brilliant mugs, very happy indeed.

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 31 July 2013
I'm so impressed with this little MP3 player. The price was an absolute bargain and it has a memory card slot which can take a 32GB memory card which makes it even more impressive. Who needs an iPod when you can by this little thing for half the price! The menus are easy to navigate and the sound is excellent.

Samsung E1200i black
Samsung E1200i black
Offered by Mobitz

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Little Phone, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200i black (Electronics)
What a great little phone this is! Its unlocked to every network which makes it so versatile. The phone is very basic which is perfect for me and its so easy to use. The graphics look really good as well and it exceeded my expectations as the phone is so cheap. It has some nice little applications on it such as a torch, converter and stopwatch. If you want a simple phone this one really fits the bill.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2015 8:05 PM BST

Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Offered by TradeDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars A good little kit, 30 Jun. 2013
I have been testing the Veet Easy Wax for Bzz Agent for free in return for an honest review. I saw the advert on the TV for this and I heard that it had been voted cosmopolitans product of the year so I was excited to try.

The product comes in a nice pink box and inside you will get the unit, a stand, some wax strips, some finishing wipes and a wax cartridge.

All you do is plug the cartridge into the unit and plug it into the mains and turn it on. The wax says that you have to wait between 20 and 40 minutes for it to heat up and not to let it heat longer than 40 minutes. As always its advised first to do a little test to see if your suited to it etc.

I found that the wax took the full 40 minutes to heat up. It was nice and easy to apply and I found it less messy than other waxing kits. The roller made it easy to apply and it reminded me of the units they use in the salon. The top didn't get sticky or messy which was fantastic.

In the box you get some wax strips and the whole kit is supposed to last 4 waxes but I found they lasted for 2 wax and not enough for 3. The strips stuck well to the wax and it was easy to remove them although it did take a bit of practice for me as I'm a bit of a wimp!

The kit claims to shift hairs as short as 2 mm in length, I would agree with that but I did have a few stray hairs left behind. I'm not sure if that was down to me being a bit of a baby and whether with practice it would get a bit better.

After my waxing session I used the finishing wipes to wipe away the excess wax and they did the job just fine. My legs were slightly red after use but after 2 hours the redness died down and I would say they looked silky smooth. They certainly felt it too. The only gripe I had was a few hairs were left behind but I put it down to me being a bit of a wimp and am quite new to waxing.

E45 250ml Nourish and Restore Lightly Fragranced Body Lotion
E45 250ml Nourish and Restore Lightly Fragranced Body Lotion
Offered by Innox Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Body Lotion Out There, 14 May 2013
I've been testing the E45 Nourish and Restore for Bzz Agent. I didn't get paid for reviewing the product I #GotItFree in return for an honest opinion.

If you buy this product you wont be disappointed, its one of the best body lotions on the market that I have ever tried. It provides excellent value for money. I found that a little goes a long way and the lotion lasts a long time. Its a slightly oily texture and is easy to spread on your body and absorbs really well. Its lightly fragranced and smells really pleasant.

After using the product for a number of weeks, I found my skin really improved. My skin was quite dry and dull looking and now its really hydrated and has a glow about it. Its great to use after shaving, it really hydrates your skin and my legs look and feel really silky smooth now ready for the summer!

Tall Glass Coffee Mugs & Latte Spoons, 13.25oz 14.5cm - Set of 2.
Tall Glass Coffee Mugs & Latte Spoons, 13.25oz 14.5cm - Set of 2.
Offered by L&G London Uniforms U.K. (PRICES INC VAT)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Quality Purchase, 9 Jan. 2013
I bought a Tassimo last year and decided I would like some fancy glasses for the latte's. I like the costa lattes and these glasses are perfect for them, they are just the right size. The glasses are strong and sturdy and arrived well packaged. They come with latte spoons as well. I would definitely recommend this seller, if your buy here you wont be disappointed.

Fairtrade Hot Chocolate Gift
Fairtrade Hot Chocolate Gift

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Little Gift!, 2 Dec. 2011
After struggling to decide what to get to finish off my partners twin daughters birthday presents I came across the Fairtrade Hot Chocolate Gift Set. I knew these would go down a storm as every girl likes chocolate so I ordered two. When ordering I did think they were a bit on the pricey side but when they arrived I realised Id made the right decision and they were the perfect gift and were good value for money. The box in itself was enough to bring excitment to me as it was attractive and had cadburys gifts on it. It definitely gets a 10/10 for presenentation.

I always find with me when I buy something for someone else I have to have a nosey inside, so off I went! Each box contained 2 Dairy Milk Mugs, Hot Chocolate Sprinkler, Hot Chocolate Powder, Chocos, 230g bar of Dairy Milk and some minature chocolates.

Unfortunately I have to mention that all 4 mugs in the 2 sets I bought were chipped, but Cadbury quickly me sent some new ones. When they arrived 1 was chipped but that was rectified and I recieved a 230g bar of dairy milk as an apology! Please dont let it put you off though, because I ordered on a Friday and by the Following Friday all of that had gone on so you can see how quickly the order came and how quick cadbury rectified the chipped mugs all within the space of a week. I will definitely be ordering Cadbury Gifts in the future and Im so glad I have discovered them. I am also hoping too that someone one day will send me a Cadbury Gift!!!!