Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Notes From the Field, Tracking North America's Sasquatch
Notes From the Field, Tracking North America's Sasquatch
Price: 1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars My first book on the subject., 21 Feb 2014
I'm just getting into the subject of Sasquatch/Bigfoot and could have asked for a better read for my first book. Covers lots of ground, including the history of the subject going back nearly 200 years. I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in the subject, whether you're new to it like me, or not.

The Whale Has Wings Vol 2 - Taranto to Singapore
The Whale Has Wings Vol 2 - Taranto to Singapore
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Alternative History., 15 Oct 2013
It did take me a while to get used to the writing style in volume 1, but volume 2 had me gripped. It's so well put together I have to keep reminding myself it's alternative history and not fact based history.

Well written, researched and original, a delightful change of pace from the usual alt history. I am thoroughly looking forward to volume 3.

Triangular UFOs: An Estimate of the Situation
Triangular UFOs: An Estimate of the Situation
Price: 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Triangular UFOs, 9 July 2013
David Marler can be very proud of this book, he clearly did a massive amount of research to produce what it is a fascinating read, on what is an often ignored topic in UFO literature.

The book contains some eye opening cases, including one from my home town of Cardiff when I was a child, which I had long since forgotten about, but I now recall looking to the skies on those nights, with friends hoping to catch a glimpse of what in our minds was an "Imperial Star Destroyer" from STAR WARS...sadly, we didn't see a thing.

There is a slight dip in the middle of the book, where cases are compared for their content, but this can be can be forgiven forgiven as more excellently researched cases soon follow.

Highly recommended for anyone interested in the subject, just amazed a book on these strange triangular craft hadn't been written long before.

Rugby Challenge 2 - The Lions Tour Edition(PS3)
Rugby Challenge 2 - The Lions Tour Edition(PS3)
Price: 40.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Rugby Challenge 2, 19 Jun 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
It's not perfect by any means, but it's still the best Rugby Union game you're going to play. So take it for what it is, rather than comparing it to the likes of FIFA, it's a Rugby game made by a company with limited resources and they've done a pretty good Job.

I didn't play the original Rugby Challenge so I can't compare, but it's a lot better than the World Cup game that came out a few years ago, I dare say not since Rugby 08 on the PS2 has there been a Rugby Union game that was worth buying, so if you're a fan of the sport, it's worth getting, In my opinion.

A few let downs with the lack of licences for International teams ( Only Australia, New Zealand, Georgia, The USA and The British and Irish Lions have real squads) though club sides are well covered as are nearly all the tournaments. ( with the exception of South Africa)Though if you have the time, patience and knowledge, you can edit them yourself. . As well as that there are a few random little bugs, but that's almost to be expected, I'm sure a patch will do away with most of them.

If you're after a Rugby Union game, then you won't go far wrong with this.

Good Solid game, but by no means perfect.

The Big Switch (War That Came Early (Del Rey Hardcover))
The Big Switch (War That Came Early (Del Rey Hardcover))
by Harry Turtledove
Price: 15.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Harry has lost the plot, 30 April 2012
I completely agree with all the other negative reviews, totally unbelievable, historically inaccurate, dull uninteresting characters etc. etc.

My other main gripe is the fact Turtledove continues to refer to the UK and it's armed forces as England/English, made all the more infuriating by the fact one of the leading British characters is Welsh!

I never intended to read this book, after finding the previous instalment suffered from a lot of the same issues, but someone decided to buy it for me, which is it's only saving grace.

I'm a big fan of Turtledove's earlier work, so I hope this is just a bad series and he will return to his usual good form in the future.

The Hot Gate: Troy Rising III
The Hot Gate: Troy Rising III
by John Ringo
Price: 16.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Bored and disappointed, 21 July 2011
As someone who thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in the series, especially the first, i found this a big let down, in fact, after reading what seemed like 200 pages on the cultural differences between South American society and that of The United States, I almost put the book down. There was very little of the action that it seemed to promise.

I stopped reading 'The Legacy of Aldenata' series, because i got bored, i fear that i may think twice about purchasing the next in the 'Troy Rising series' for the same reason.

R.U.S.E - Move Compatible (PS3)
R.U.S.E - Move Compatible (PS3)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC
Price: 9.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor game, even for 10, 3 May 2011
There are so many things bad about this game, i just don't know where to begin.

Graphics are poor, game play is unimaginative, the cut scenes are so awful they're cringe worthy, the game is terribly historically inaccurate and the whole RUSE options are pointless to the point that I'd play missions and forget to use them.

I guess expected to much for a RTS WWII game on the PS3, It would seem I'll have to stick with PC RTS games for a while yet, especially looking forward to "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy"

West and East (War That Came Early (Del Rey Hardcover))
West and East (War That Came Early (Del Rey Hardcover))
by Harry Turtledove
Price: 16.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe Turtledove wrote this, 31 Oct 2010
I have read and enjoyed many of Turtledoves Novels, but this series and in particular this book, is without doubt the worst yet, dull and uninteresting characters and very little action, i felt like i'd read it all before in his previous books set during World War II.

I find it hard to believe that Germany would be equipped to fight in France, Norway and Poland in mid 1939, though he does make the Panzer II to be a world beater, there are many more examples that a completely unbelievable.

One trait of Turtledove's that has annoyed me in all his books that contain UK forces, is his how he continues to refer to the UK and it's armed forces as "England/English" even when scenes contain an apparent Welsh character.

"Hitler's War" was a struggle, but this really was excruciating reading, i certainly won't be purchasing the next in the series
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2010 7:49 PM GMT

UFOs and the National Security State: The Cover-Up Exposed, 1973-1991: 2
UFOs and the National Security State: The Cover-Up Exposed, 1973-1991: 2
by Richard M. Dolan
Price: 12.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Continued excellence, 23 Oct 2010
Following on from the sensational volume I, volume it II is as good as. if not better than the first, once again, i can not recommend it highly enough.

I look forward to a planned third volume and Dolan's upcoming "After Disclosure"

Another excellent book by someone who has very quickly become a master in the field

Inception
Inception
Price: 6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Words fail me, 25 July 2010
This review is from: Inception (Audio CD)
I fell in love with the soundtrack midway through watching the film, another incredible piece of work from Zimmer, perhaps one of his best? Oscar material surely?

If you're a fan of Zimmer's work, you will love this score

Page: 1 | 2