Profile for Matthew Arwen-Langham > Reviews

Content by Matthew Arwen-...

Matthew Arwen-Langham

TP-LINK TL-WN822N 300MBPS High Gain Wireless N USB Adapter, ver 3
TP-LINK TL-WN822N 300MBPS High Gain Wireless N USB Adapter, ver 3

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best products I've bought, 25 July 2014
One of the best products I've bought. Ridiculously cheap for what you get...
I had major trouble with internet speeds since the internet router was downstairs in one corner of the house and my room is at the other corner upstairs (so no chance of connecting via ethernet), so when my internet did work, which it worked pretty stable after about 2 hours of tweaking settings, it only got so fast (or so slow should I say). Sometimes it'd have reasonable speeds, I'd say around 10-15Mb/s sometimes it'd take half an hour to load a picture. The rest of the time there was always something wrong with the network or it'd cut out every few seconds.
Spent endless nights upgrading, uninstalling, reinstalling, rolling back drivers and software all which only fixed it temporarily.

Picked this up and I've been on it all day and it hasn't dropped once. Constantly fast and stable, even being in the same position in the house. On two speed tests I got 28Mb/s on one and 35Mb/s on another one. In relation to broadband speeds (I think wired) is 25Mb/s so for a wireless signal (that is fairly far away from the router with walls and floors in the way (and numerous electronic devices and wireless devices between them) I'd say that's pretty damn good! Especially for £15! Best £15 I've spent and I'd recommend it to anyone who is having trouble with there laptop network adapter!

Raiken Apparel Flex Fleece Full Zip Hoody Hooded Top Mens Size M - Navy
Raiken Apparel Flex Fleece Full Zip Hoody Hooded Top Mens Size M - Navy
Offered by DivaDames

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice budget hoody, 30 Dec. 2013
At first I thought I ordered the wrong size, emailing the morning after putting an order through and them getting back to me the day after they said they had dispatched it the day before and it was already on the way... Bad news for me but it just shows how quick the hoody was dispatched.

Arrived on the earliest delivery date with no problems. Tried it on and it's a nice fit, maybe not a little bit tighter then I would like but it still was a great fit. As some people have said it is a thin hoody so it's not really something for cold weather such as winter (and spring/autumn and half of summer in the UK), however it is a nice budget hoody. You get what you pay for...

I'll Go Home Then, it's Warm and Has Chairs. The Unpublished Emails
I'll Go Home Then, it's Warm and Has Chairs. The Unpublished Emails
by David Thorne

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book but slightly misleading description..., 28 Dec. 2013
I understand most of the negative reviews are not because of quality but because the book is full of material that you can see on his website. Whilst this is true, it doesn't make up the whole book, in fact I'd say about 40-50% is material from the website, which I don't even mind. You get it for free on his website but his stuff is so good I don't mind paying for it plus I'm sure some of the money will go to maintaining his website (or more likely expensive watches ;D)... That said, I think the description should say everything is new...

Despite this, his unpublished stuff is just as funny as the stuff you see on his website. A consistently funny book with nice little bits of humour i.e. the page numbering, contents, random things in the margins. He also has callbacks to his first book and emails within the book and little references that fans will giggle at.

(Side note: ordered this on the 26th and recieved this morning (28th), extremely speedy service so 5/5 stars for the delivery time!)

Bicycle Standard Index Playing Cards (Pack of 2)
Bicycle Standard Index Playing Cards (Pack of 2)
Offered by Accessory-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars The playing best cards on the market!, 28 Dec. 2013
First of all, I placed an order on the 26th and had it delievered today (28th), 3 days before the earliest delivery estimate! As a long time customer for bicycle (Been using there cards for at least 4-5 years) I can honestly say the quality is far more superior then the price you pay for them.

Perfect for anything and anyone from card players to magicians. Great cards and great service!