Profile for O E J > Reviews

Content by O E J
Top Reviewer Ranking: 228

O E J
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
iATO wood snap on cover case "Marco Polo" for the iPhone 5S 4 inch Bamboo wood - genuine real natural wood overlay on PC. Slim back case as premium accessory for the original Apple iPhone 5S.
Offered by iATO International

4.0 out of 5 stars Ever so slightly bamboozled, 6 Feb. 2016
As of this date I am the first person not to give this a 5-star review. This phone case is aesthetically pleasing, interesting and appealing. The material is made of real, carbonized bamboo, which makes it very different from most other phone cases. It has a brown surface, with a black bumper and inside too. In my opinion, this gives it a more sophisticated look with the black edge. The case covers and protects the phone, leaving spaces and holes for the speaker, charger hole, earphone hole, the camera, and the other buttons.

Size wise, I'm not completely happy. The case seems to fit the phone, but when I first slotted my phone into the case, it was quite difficult, and I was scared that I was going to scratch the phone. When it did seem to be in place, it felt like the phone doesn't fit exactly, as it seems slightly on the narrow end of the scale. Nevertheless, it does fit, but not quite as comfortably as I'd hoped.

Overall, I am happy with the outcome of this. I'm sure to be using this phone case for a long time, as I love the look of it, and I think that this case could give the phone minor support and protection – not a lot, but some! It is probably going to appeal more for its cosmetic appearance than its durability or protective qualities.

The product was supplied at a substantial discount by iATO (i.e. not free).

EGO: The Game of Life
EGO: The Game of Life
by Frank Schirrmacher

4.0 out of 5 stars From the cold war to the crash, 6 Feb. 2016
This review is from: EGO: The Game of Life (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Twenty-five years after the end of the Cold War, a new global conflict is being waged in our societies. During the Cold War a theoretical model of man was developed by economists and the military, an egotistical being interested only in his own benefit and in duping his opponents to achieve his ends: a modern homo oeconomicus. After his career in the Cold War ended, he was not scrapped but adapted to the needs of the twenty-first century. He became the ringmaster of a new era of information capitalism. He sought to read, control and influence thoughts; to predict, price and eliminate risks. Today stock-market trading is guided by him. He uses computer algorithms and Big Data to build up detailed pictures of our preferences and then suggest and sell goods to us. The model has become a self-fulfilling prophecy. We are no longer the masters of our own fate. The Game of Life runs without us.

Schirrmacher traces the progress of this extreme rationalization of social life from the Cold War games of the 1950s Rand Corporation to the stock-market trading techniques that brought about the financial crash of 2008, showing how these developments were interwoven with the rise of game theory, rational choice theory and neoliberal economics. The state and politics increasingly submitted themselves to the logic of computerized game theory and an economistic view of the world, evading real decision-making in the process. In this brave new world individuals, alone in front of their computers, may think they are constructing a reality of their own choosing, but in fact they are being manipulated all along by others who are setting the rules of the game. This international bestseller by one of Germany's most distinguished journalists is a powerful indictment of a way of thinking that has become pervasive and threatens to undermine not only parliaments and constitutions but also the sovereignty of the individual to be the person he or she wants to be.

Cityone(TM)Women Workout Active Supper Comfort Seamless Racerback Sports Bra (M, Rose)

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly small for the size ordered, 23 Jan. 2016
My teenage daughter had this to say :-

I like this sports bra a lot. I love the colour because it's bright and fun to wear.

Size wise, the bra is a little bit on the small end of the scale. I'd recommend you to buy one size up, so that it won't be too tight to wear when exercising. It does fit me, but I'd feel so much more comfortable if it was slightly bigger.

The sports bra is very low-cut and for me, I'd prefer to wear a sports bra with a slightly higher neck. At the back of the bra, the shape of the straps is mostly normal, but I love this style because it's more comfy and elasticated.

The material of the sports bra is soft and stretchy. It's made of slightly thicker material than I'm used to, and therefore it's a little bit warmer to wear. This sounds odd, because it's meant to be worn for exercise, but I think that this sports bra would better to be worn in exercises such as yoga or Pilates, ie not too 'heavy-going' workouts.

In conclusion, I am very pleased with this sports bra, and I recommend it to others. But I think you should order it in one size above your regular size.

Please note: This product was sent to me by CityOne at no charge in return for an honest review. Thank you.

Cityone(TM)Women's Push-Up Seamless Racerback Sports Bra(M, Blue)
Cityone(TM)Women's Push-Up Seamless Racerback Sports Bra(M, Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 23 Jan. 2016
My teenage daughter says:-

I love this sports bra! My one is in colour blue/mint green, and it's the most beautiful, vibrant colour.

The material is soft and stretchy, and size wise, it fits me almost perfectly, if maybe a little tight at the shoulders. The elastic beneath the bust is super stretchy and incredibly comfortable. The material across the chest fits me perfectly. I think that if the sports bra was just a little bit longer, I mean by the length or height of it, then the bra would fit a little more comfortably over the shoulders.

The sports bra is padded nicely for support, but the pads can be removed through holes at the sides if you wish to remove them.

The sports bra isn't too low-cut, and has a lovely shape to it all around.

So overall, I'm very happy with the outcome of this product, and I'm sure to be wearing this when I exercise. I think that this sports bra is suitable to be worn in athletic sports and workouts, and I recommend this bra to anyone who participates in these exercises regularly.

Please note: This product was sent to me at no charge in return for an honest review. Thank you.

Digital Kitchen Scale, Amir® Electronic Cooking Food Scale with LCD Display, Accurate Gram and Slim Design

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent kitchen accessory, 23 Jan. 2016
These scales are accurate, easy to use, and very light to carry.

The scales can measure in grams, pounds, ounces and millilitres (somehow). They are very sensitive scales, and weigh items with great accuracy. One of my favourite things about these scales is that when you place a bowl or container on the scales, you can reset the mass to 0, so that the mass of the bowl or container isn't included with the food.

The scales require two AAA batteries, which are provided in the package.

Turning the scales on is very easy. There's an ON/OFF button, which if you press once, the LCD screen at the bottom will light up. The device turn itself off automatically after around 40 seconds of inactivity, and this is also useful. To set the scale back to zero, you press the same ON/OFF button once to reset it to zero. Then, to turn the scales off manually (instead of waiting for it to shut down automatically), all you need to do is hold down the ON/OFF button for around three seconds, and the screen will go black.

On the other side of the screen is the button to change the measurements. This button is rather self-explanatory. Every time you press the button once, the units of measurement changes, and you can see the units in small lettering on the screen.

These scales are roughly 16cm across, and 19cm in length. If you were to carry it around with you, it would easily fit in a bag and to carry, it weighs less than a mobile phone!

Overall, these scales are well made, from hard, solid, yet light material and although very easy to use and affordable, they look and work professionally and I'm very happy with the outcome. I'm sure I'll be baking more now that I have these to measure out the ingredients accurately.

Please note: This product was sent to me at no charge in return for an honest, unbiased review. Thank you.

Noontec Zoro II On-Ear Headphone - Blue
Noontec Zoro II On-Ear Headphone - Blue
Offered by noontec

4.0 out of 5 stars A brand that deserves to be taken seriously, 22 Jan. 2016
These Zoro II headphones have been used exclusively by my teenage daughter, and after one month's daily use these are her thoughts:-

"I like these headphones, they are a good shape and fit comfortably on my head. They are over-ear headphones, with soft, padded ear pieces and the inside of the headphones are padded too, so it won't apply any pressure to the head.

"The headphones are adjustable in size, and can be folded to make them easier to carry around and more portable.

"The colour is lovely. It's a shiny royal navy blue on the outside, and a soft baby blue on the inside. The headphones cable is navy blue too.

"The sound quality of these headphones is excellent. It is easily the best part of the product. When I listen to music, or TV shows on my laptop, I can hear all of the different sounds (background noises, bass sounds, main tune, etc)

"Overall, these are definitely my favourite headphones that I've ever used because they are very comfortable, have great sound quality and has an attractive design.

😎"

I should add that my daughter has tried many different headphones over the past few years, from brands such as Skullcandy, Klipsch, Sennheiser, Bose, Shure and Denon.

I personally use another pair of Noontec headphones and I rate them very highly indeed. It's not a brand that will be familiar to many but it deserves to be; I have a feeling that the quality you get for the price will ensure strong sales.

The Zoro II was supplied to me for review purposes.

Cityone(TM)Women's Padded Sports Bras Push Up Seamless Fitness Workout Yoga Bra
Cityone(TM)Women's Padded Sports Bras Push Up Seamless Fitness Workout Yoga Bra

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit on the tight side, 22 Jan. 2016
This sports bra is comfortable to wear and made of soft, stretchy material. The arm strap fits well, and comfortably, but the bra is slightly tight across the chest. So I would say it's a bit smaller than I wanted or expected.

I like the colour of the sports bra. It motivates me to exercise because it's more exciting to wear.

The sports bra is padded for support but the padding is removable through small holes in the sides. This is a good idea because sometimes the padding gets uncomfortable if it's worn for too long.

Lastly, I like the idea of the cross-over straps at the back, but for me, I'm not too keen on them as they can be slightly trickier to put on and can get moved when exercising (which can be annoying and uncomfortable).

Overall, I think this is a comfortable piece of clothing to wear, but maybe not for vigorous exercise such as heavy workouts at the gym or athletic sports.

Supplied free in exchange for an honest review - which this is!

MIER Junior School Bags Cute Backpack for Teenage Grils, Boys, Childrens, Fits A4 Folders, 15 inches Laptop, Macbook, iPad(Black leaves pattern)
Offered by Mierlife Co,.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars It's being used every single schoolday, in preference to other backpacks, 22 Jan. 2016
This bag, for me, ticks all of the boxes. The design I chose is called the Black Leaves Pattern. This design is intriguing and eye-catching, yet not too 'loud'. The base colour is black, and the bag is covered with leaves of different, shapes, sizes and colours.

The bag is of medium size. The large, main compartment is spacious and is split into two sections inside. The back section is slim and flat, and I use it to hold books (A4 in size). I use the other half of the main compartment for pencil cases, my glasses case and some folders and books too. The material of the bag is strong and firm, and at the moment, I don't think the bag will break at all.
However, the bag isn't waterproof, and after my bag was caught in the rain and felt drenched when it was touched, the books inside did get a little bit wet on the corners. Thankfully nothing was significantly affected by the rain on the inside.

The zipped pocket and the front of the bag is useful for smaller possessions, such as a phone, or an iPod, or a calculator, etc.

On each side, there is a pocket for a water bottle, and these are shaped and sized perfectly to fit and hold a regular 500ml bottle securely.

Lastly, the pencil case which comes with the bag is useful, with the same design and is made of good material, but for me, I don't use it as much as others might.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this backpack, and I use it everyday! The only thing I would mention is that maybe the bag would be better if it was a little bit more padded on the back of it and on the arm straps for support of the weight. But nevertheless, I'm very happy with this and strongly recommend it to others!

Note: This product was sent to me at no charge by MIER in return for an honest review. Thank you.

Gimdumasa Tr90 Polarised Sports Sunglasses Mens or Womens for Cycling Running Fishing (black)
Offered by Gimdumasa Sunglasses

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, lightweight and durable, 20 Jan. 2016
At the time of posting this review, there are 4 others and they all express a strong liking for these sunglasses. I have to say that they are all correct, and it's difficult to offer any new information - but here goes...

Instant impression when removing the Tr90 from the supplied black carrying bag was positive. There's a small cleaning cloth provided too, which is in a clear plastic bag of its own. The positive impression is based on liking the overall style and the combination of light weight and good quality of construction.

The instant I put them on they felt right. I like the way the grip is firm without being too tight, and it's evident that these will not easily slip down my nose at all. Being the middle of January, there was a distinct absence of sunshine and it could be several days or even weeks before there is any, so for the moment it's not possible to comment on how these sunglasses perform in the type of weather they are designed for. As and when the opportunity arises I will add more commentary.

These will be great for outdoor activities, not just lying in the sun. Running, jogging, walking, cycling and most other mobile exercises won't be any problem for the Gimdumasa because the grip is nice and firm despite being light and comfortable.

The Polarized Impact Resistant Lens leads to high definition, accurate colour rendition, elimination of reflected and scattered light, and clearer, more accurate vision. 100% UV400 protection filters out 100% of UVA, UVB, UVC, and harmful blue light without haze and optical distortion.

Sometimes - and this doesn't happen very often - a product just feels right the instant I take it out of the box. This is one such product. I keep on wanting to put them on! They look great, feel comfortable and I would suggest that the price is fair and reasonable. I expect there are cheaper alternatives but these are worth the extra, definitely. In my case these sunglasses were provided by the manufacturer/distributor but this has not affected my view in any way. I would be happy to buy another pair with my own money.

Cityone(TM)Women's Full-Support Padded Workout Sports Bra
Cityone(TM)Women's Full-Support Padded Workout Sports Bra

4.0 out of 5 stars Best to order 1 size up, otherwise very good, 19 Jan. 2016
This product was tested by Mrs OEJ who has been a professional Zumba and pilates instructor for over 10 years.

She says:-

• As I didn't see the description, I chose size M. I should have chosen size L although I usually wear size M.
• So size wise, it runs way too small but nice quality stretchy material helps to fit
• It felt too small at first but getting fit nicely after all
• It's very comfortable fabric
• I like the pads which are slightly small but I like the option and I can take the pads out.
• Bra strap is not stretchy but adjustiable which is no problem.
• I like the high cut design of top (not V cut or normal bra type).
• I can recommend wearing this for light cardiovascular exercise and any toning, body conditioning and stretch exercise
• Nice bright colour would suit any Gym top and leggings

One star docked off for being too small, otherwise a good product which was supplied by the distributor in exchange for a review

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20