Profile for Mowgli > Reviews

Content by Mowgli

Mowgli (UK)

BargainUniverse® USB2.0 2.5" EXTERNAL SATA HARD DRIVE HDD ENCLOSURE CASE --- by bargain universe

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me, 6 Feb. 2012
Purchased this item to retrieve data from a laptop hard drive (WD3200BEKT) when the laptop became faulty. I didn't insert the hard drive into the enclosure as I only needed to connect to the hard drive once to retrieve it's data (and then re-install hard drive back into the faulty laptop so that the laptop could be returned). If using the product in this way, you'll need to be careful as it's quite a fragile unit when being used in this non-recommended way!

This item comes with a dual-USB lead, so you'll need two spare USB ports on your computer that are in close proximity to each other, to connect to the unit.

Not sure of the value of this review as I didn't use the product as it should be used, but if you're looking for a low-cost way to perform a one-off data extraction from a 2.5" SATA hard drive, then this product is for you!

RTX DUALphone 3088 for Skype (No PC Required)
RTX DUALphone 3088 for Skype (No PC Required)

3.0 out of 5 stars Three stars, 7 Dec. 2010
I've had this phone for about eight months now and I bought it to go for one of Skype's `all-in' monthly call plans.

Pros
* Able to use Skype without a PC;
* The handset takes standard AAA rechargables, so if the supplied batteries fail, you can easily replace them (check instructions first);
* Intuitive set-up in a few minutes;
* Decent talk time/standby time with the batteries supplied.

Cons
* Sound quality is only OK (when calling landlines, I get the impression that whoever I'm talking to can hear me more clearly than I can hear them);
* Relatively expensive. I paid eighty quid for mine and this is probably because when I bought it, there was pretty-much next-to-no-choice of these types of dualphones;
* Poor choice of ring tones (you might think I'm being picky, but wait until you hear the choice available!)
* The ring tones aren't really loud enough;
* Very slow response when accessing phonebook entries;
* No button backlights (bit of a pain when using in low light);
* No ringer on charging cradle.
* The buttons feel quite 'rubbery' and poor quality when pressed.

Overall, it does a job, but it ain't great.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2011 3:57 PM GMT

Panasonic RP-HJE170E-K Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Panasonic RP-HJE170E-K Ear Canal Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of 'phones, 7 Dec. 2010
I bought these headphones to go with my recently purchased SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB MP3 Player and also to replace my 12 year old Sony MDR-A34 over-the-head headphones, which gave a great sound and enough bass to satisfy my needs. They still do, but are a bit embarrassing to wear out and about now!

My only previous experience of in-ear headphones was about 15 years ago, when the only ones you could get had an earpiece the diameter of the current five pence piece, became painful after only a few minutes of use and had poor sound quality with negligible bass.

I was therefore a little apprehensive about purchasing another set of in-ear phones. I shouldn't have worried, as these phones give great sound for the price, with plenty of bass (more than my old Sonys, which I didn't think was possible, give the size of these Panasonics).

To get the best bass, you need to try all three sizes of ear-buds supplied and compare the bass available with each size (no more mentions of bass, I promise!)

These phones are also very comfortable to wear and you almost forget they're in.

I'm not sure how good these phones would be for jogging, as knocking the lead (if you're running for a bus for example) can produce a `booming' sound. Given the great sound for the price, I suppose there has to be a compromise somewhere along the line.

I'm not that easily pleased when it comes to sound quality, but I have to say that I would recommend these headphones without hesitation.

Kingston Technology 2GB Micro Secure Digital Card with adapter
Kingston Technology 2GB Micro Secure Digital Card with adapter
Offered by iFlash

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works - not really much else to say!, 8 Dec. 2009
Oh, and it works fine with Samsung E250 mobile phone.
Can't think of anything else to say about it!

Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster 802.11g
Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster 802.11g

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job - perfectly., 8 May 2007
I've had this router for over a year now, working 24-7 on Virgin/Telewest broadband, with no problems.

It took about 20min to set up without security, and another 30min to set up all of the security settings possible.

I use it to connect to my company's network via VPN, without any problems (my previous D-Link router used to 'drop' the VPN connection on average a few times a week).

All in all, I've found this a solid product and I'd have no hesitation recommending it.