Profile for A. R. Robson > Reviews

Content by A. R. Robson

A. R. Robson "Aussie the Kiwi" (New Zealand)

Fortress [Blu-ray]
Fortress [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Bug Hall
Offered by tazste
Price: 3.80

3.0 out of 5 stars For The Price It's Not Bad, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fortress [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
At 2 pound 96 pence minus the Vat plus postage this bluray cost $12.00 Landed in New Zealand Dollars for a movie that is unknown here.Well that's good value I think.
The film on a 150" screen looks OK only stereo sound not 5.1 as stated on the slip sheet but a reasonable watch.I thought it was better than Red Tails which is also unheard of down here because it was not so full of the old American ho ha. yes the cgi was alright . Conclusion it was a good purchase.

The Spaghetti Western Trilogy [Blu-ray] [1964]
The Spaghetti Western Trilogy [Blu-ray] [1964]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood
Price: 19.51

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 19 Jan 2013
Have had this series on video, laser, dvd now bluray. I love Italian westerns. I will collect any film made by Sergio Leone and his mate Ennio Morroconni .They go together like bread and butter.

Silverado [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Silverado [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Kevin Kline
Price: 6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and Sounds great, 19 Jan 2013
magnificent always loved this western. Great photography in the style of David Lean with sweeping vistas. Loved Kevin Costner in what would have been one of his early appearances.

Mutiny on the Bounty [Blu-ray] [1962] [US Import]
Mutiny on the Bounty [Blu-ray] [1962] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Marlon Brando
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 12.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 19 Jan 2013
Magnificent great picture and fabulous sound. Movies like this are a testament to the way studios made films with overtures etc

The Lion of the Desert [Blu-ray] [1981]
The Lion of the Desert [Blu-ray] [1981]
Dvd ~ Anthony Quinn
Price: 9.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Come on Anchor Bay Bluray Has to be better than this., 19 Jan 2013
Crap.A great film butchered by Anchor Bay. Aspect ratio wrong for a start.To makes matters worse it will not play in my Oppo bluray player which an Anchor Bay chip as one of its main features. I think my old version being Non Ana is better

Doomsday Collection [Blu-ray] [1996]
Doomsday Collection [Blu-ray] [1996]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Connelly
Price: 11.41

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 films a great price, 19 Jan 2013
Average Action Films. Independence Day stands out. All have good CGI effects. and they are entertaining.My grand children will enjoy them.

The Battle of the River Plate (1956) ( Pursuit of the Graf Spee ) ( Graf Spee ) (Blu-Ray)
Dvd ~ John Gregson
Offered by dvd-uncut
Price: 17.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't expect to see this on Bluray, 19 Jan 2013
This film as special meaning for me as it is part of New Zealand naval history.Had it in many formats but this is by far the best so far.

A History of Scotland [DVD]
A History of Scotland [DVD]
Dvd ~ Neil Oliver
Price: 10.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: A History of Scotland [DVD] (DVD)
While surfing TV channals stumbled upon part 1 so bought the series.Its still playing on TV here
As my mother was a war bride from Scotland after her first husband No41 RM Commandos was killed in action France 1944.She meet my father a New Zealander serving as a Pilot in the R N Fleet Air Arm.I have always been interested in Scottish history and its complexity.This 10 part series I found very gripping as it most certainly gave me a lot of info I have never knew about for example when the Kilt became fashionable. I always thought it was there through the ages plus many more facts I did not have a clue about.A great series

Iron Butterfly - Concert and Documentary: Europe 1977 [DVD] [2010]
Iron Butterfly - Concert and Documentary: Europe 1977 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Iron Butterfly
Price: 16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 28 July 2012
Well have been a fan of Butterfly from their beginnings. The dvd is possiblely the best we can get unless they get together and do one with a half decent picture and 5.1 sound.The dvd claims Dolby Digital AC3 but its not, only 2.0 and bad at that.I still prefer my old Iron Butterfly Laser Disc thanks.