Profile for Bunty Brooks > Reviews

Content by Bunty Brooks

Bunty Brooks "LargoBunny" (London, UK)

Sistema Munch Box, Black/ Silver
Sistema Munch Box, Black/ Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Lunch box that won't open, 2 May 2013
Really disappointing given Sistema products are so good and an essential in my house. I bought it for my son who always leaves the lid on his water bottle lose so we end up with a soggy lunch bag. This Sistema lunch box is incredibly difficult to open. I was filling it for the very first time this morning and one of the raised pieces of plastic that the little slots clip on to has already sheared off so one of the sections won't close now. My son is gutted. He was so excited about taking his new lunchbox to school. This is going back to the retailer. Very disappointing.

Kitchen Craft 18 cm Clearview Stainless Steel 3-tier Steamer
Kitchen Craft 18 cm Clearview Stainless Steel 3-tier Steamer
Price: 26.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best piece of kitchen equipment you'll ever buy, 26 April 2013
I've recommended this product to lots of friends over the years. I was at a Pampered Chef party last night and another mum mentioned that she'd been looking for a mini steamer for years. Well this one is the business. I bought mine about 8 years ago because I was fed up with using a larger sized steamer which takes up a silly amount of space. I use this 18 cm one several times a day. It is an excellent product. Well made and it's still as good as new despite being in and out of my dishwasher. By far and away 'the' best and most useful piece of kitchen kit in my kitchen. I know it's only a pan but I would never be without one. Well worth the price too.

Complete Cookery Course: Classic Edition
Complete Cookery Course: Classic Edition
by Delia Smith
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Delia - The Original, The Ultimate Kitchen Goddess, 2 April 2013
There is no better cookbook. I buy and I'm given lots of cookbooks each year. Some don't stay the distance and go straight to the charity shop. Some we grow out of as a family. But only one endures, year after year. Delia, I am indebted to you. My mother was raised by a mother who could not cook. My parents worked in hospitals for years and my mother vowed to learn to cook decent food for her family. I was fortunate that you taught her everything. There's a legacy of healthy cooking and good eating in my family now. all thanks to you. So if there's one cook book that I will pass on to my sons and daughters it is this one. This is my third copy. Thank you very much for everything, especially the flaky fish pie.

The Flavour Thesaurus
The Flavour Thesaurus
by Niki Segnit
Price: 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars A delicious read..., 25 Jun 2010
This review is from: The Flavour Thesaurus (Hardcover)
The best cookbooks become my preferred bedtime reading, piling up next to the bed. The Flavour Thesaurus is top of the pile and it's gone one better - it's jumped the queue ahead of Steig Larsson as my preferred Tube journey read. The Flavour Thesaurus is anecdotally wittier than Nigel Slater's 'Toast' and more use than `LaRousse' (which rarely makes it off my kitchen shelf). Niki Segnit's observations on flavours, their combinations and cooking are as delicious as her recipes. Her genuine love of food makes this book deliciously moorish; each bite-sized entry makes me want for more. Like Ferrero Rocher, one just isn't enough. There are very few cookbooks that are researched and written as brilliantly as this that need not rely on high quality photograpy to tempt the senses. This will make you laugh and get the gastric juices flowing. The Flavour Thesaurus actually makes me throw on my apron and get messy in the kitchen whilst indulging in a glass of champagne and a Marlboro. I will be giving this book to every truly good cook I know. They won't be disappointed.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2010 8:28 PM BST

Typhoon Pantone Pot Holder, Olive
Typhoon Pantone Pot Holder, Olive

2.0 out of 5 stars More like oven gloves, 8 Nov 2009
Disappointed. These pot holders are a great colour but they're really just square oven gloves. They're too thick and stiff to be use as pot holders because they don't bend easily around pan and dish handles. In fact more awkward than gloves.

Breo Roam Unisex Rubber Digital Watch White Medium 17cm
Breo Roam Unisex Rubber Digital Watch White Medium 17cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Breo watch, 6 Oct 2009
A fun discrete watch, bracelet. Lightweight and funky colours but it's not the best timekeeper. Mine has lost about 15 minutes over two months. Makes a great stocking filler gift or extra token present for teenagers.