Profile for mr mark brown > Reviews

Content by mr mark brown

mr mark brown

Britain's War Machine: Weapons, Resources and Experts in the Second World War
Britain's War Machine: Weapons, Resources and Experts in the Second World War
by David Edgerton
Price: 7.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 16 Feb 2014
I bought this as an additional book to add some extra value to my OU course (Europe 1914 - 1989) but had to dip into the best bits only, due to time pressures. Would like to spend a bit more time reading it properly when I have the opportunity.

Lord of the Rings Collectors Models 'Gandalf at the bridge of Khazad Dum 110' hand painted figurine

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice collectable, 16 Feb 2014
I am a big fan of the lord of the rings and the hobbit, and actually collected a few of these when they first came out, at the cover price of 5.99 so a bit sore at having the pay north of 35 for it. However, that is market forces for you! It was in good condition though and looks lovely on display. I started out collecting them as I thought there wouldn't be too many but it got a bit out of hand (I think there was more than 150 in total, and this was 110, being issued a good 3 years after the series first became available in shops). Not all of them were that attractive but the ones depicting the main characters were the best. Apart from the high price, which I paid anyway, I am very happy with this item.

2013 Gul 1.5mm Neoprene Wetsuit Vest RE7302 Sizes- - Medium
2013 Gul 1.5mm Neoprene Wetsuit Vest RE7302 Sizes- - Medium
Offered by Wetsuitoutlet

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 16 Feb 2014
I bought this to wear as part of a layering system for a Tough Guy event. It was snug and gave good thermal protection but wish I had bought a full wetsuit instead, as I was freezing by the last part of the course! However, this wasn't the fault of this particular product. On its own it's a good piece of kit, and I was quite pleased with it.

Hackett Men's Shirt Red Aston Martin Racing Polo M
Hackett Men's Shirt Red Aston Martin Racing Polo M

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 13 Mar 2013
I am quite slim and don't like to wear t-shirts that are too baggy. This fits my frame perfectly and looks great, especially as polos and jeans are what I wear all the time. Little pricey but got it at a great discount, and it's one of my favourite brands. the logos look good and it's very comfortable.

The North Face Bones Beanie asphalt grey cap
The North Face Bones Beanie asphalt grey cap
Offered by Surfdome
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and comfy, 13 Mar 2013
Very snug and cosy. The only slight negative is it comes in a single size and sits quite low on my browline, with material to spare! Good colour and texture.