Profile for K Taylor > Reviews

CATEYE Volt 700 Headlight
CATEYE Volt 700 Headlight
Offered by Sigma Sport, Kingston

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance at a good price, 23 Jan. 2015
As a regular commuter cyclist, I appreciate the importance of a good light, and have to say that this Cateye light has definitely lived up to expectations since I purchased it a couple of months ago. After leaving my previous battery powered front light on the train, I decided to go for a rechargeable replacement, but didn't want to spend hundreds of pounds, as I mainly cycle on pretty well-lit roads. After a lot of research, I opted for the Volt 700, and it's exactly what I wanted. On it's birghtest setting, this light is very bright indeed, and I would think more than enough if your cycling takes you through unlit areas, but I personally prefer the 'hyper constant' setting, which gives a slightly lower level constant light, which also pulses birghtly every second or so, making sure I can not only see, and am also highly visible. The light itself feels very solidly constructed, especially when compared to my previous battery-powered light, and on the 'hyper-constant' setting only needs charging every 3-4 weeks (my cycle takes around 20 minutes each way, and has been used every night, and some mornings). Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a good commuter light.

6 x New Samsung Galaxy S5 Supreme Quality Screen Protectors with Cleaning Cloth and Application Card
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, but there's better out there, 14 Sept. 2014
I'd used this brand on my S3, so thought I'd buy a pack when I upgraded to the S5. At the same time I bought a case from Spigen, which came with one of their own protectors, and I must say that the Spigen protector is a much better fit, with individual holes for the front speaker and camera and camera, rather than having this whole section cut out, as is the case with ones from Mofred. So I'll be using the Spigen one, and throwing these away (not worth sending them back). When I need a new protector I'll be buying a pack of the Spigen ones.

[AIR CUSHION] Spigen Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Bumper **New Release** ULTRA HYBRID [Crystal Clear] Air Cushion Technology Corners + Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel for Galaxy SV Galaxy S V - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Crystal Clear (SGP10741)
Offered by Spigen UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars A great case, with a great screen protector thrown in, 11 Sept. 2014
This case is a perfect fit for the S5. Very slimline, with just enough added bulk from the rubberised edges to give extra protection. I ordered the clear version, and it looks great on the phone. The included screen protector is also brilliant. Easier to apply than others I've used, and once applied properly it's such a good fit that its virtually invisible. Also, I think Spigen have updated this case based on customer feedback, and increased the size of the hole used to access the charging flag - certainly I've experienced none of the problems accessing this which I've seen mentioned in some earlier reviews.

BalanceFrom High Accuracy MemoryTrack Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with "Smart Step-On" and MemoryTrack Technology, Extra Large Dual Color Backlight Display [NEWEST VERSION] (Silver)
Offered by BalanceFrom UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, modern, user-friendly and accurate, 9 Sept. 2014
After our last set of scales (from a well known brand name) gave up the ghost after only about a year, I ordered these scales based on the generally positive reviews, despite not being familiar with the brand, and I'm very glad I did. The scales look great, very modern and slimeline. The display is incredibly easy to read, and the feature of having it show the last weight weighed is very useful to help track weight loss. We've found them to be very accurate - my wife is part of a watchers group, and the readings on these scales match the reading from her group exactly.

RSP Tourlite Rear Carrier Fitting Bike / Cycle Light (Red 0.5 Watt )
RSP Tourlite Rear Carrier Fitting Bike / Cycle Light (Red 0.5 Watt )
Offered by Parkers of Bolton

2.0 out of 5 stars Good first impressions, but disappointing perfromance, 11 Oct. 2013
I was really pleased when I first got this light. Very bright, and fixed firmly to my bike rack.
6 months down the line, and I'm ready to junk it and get something else. First off, the battery holders are very dodgy, and I frequently arrive home to find the batteries have slipped, and the light is no longer working. Tried a DIY fix of using foam to pad this out, but this just resulted in the cover of the light popping off at regular intervals.
And now, the main, central LED has completely stopped working. Shame, as it initially seemed like just what I was looking for, but just not reliable enough for my daily commute in the dark Winter months.

Smart Lunar 35 Lux Front Bike Light
Smart Lunar 35 Lux Front Bike Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light for the price., 7 Jan. 2013
I have a 4 mile commute to the station every day, and after losing my last light, these replacements are a definite improvement. They are nice and bright (for lights in this price range), and certainly help when it comes to being seen. They are also OK for providing extra visibility on part-lit roads. If you're looking for something to use to see by when cycling through dark woods, you might need to spend a bit more.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoe rack, 7 Jan. 2013
We bought 3 of these to take care of shoe storage issues in our new house. They do the job, although do feel slightly flimsy when fully extended. We use them only partly extended and they work well.

PT Vintage Flower Ceramic Coaster Set
PT Vintage Flower Ceramic Coaster Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Look great, but finish could be better, 7 Jan. 2013
We love the look of these coasters. They are basically just a square title with a foam backing glued to the back. Not the best finish from the underside, but who looks at this anyway - hopefully they will last OK.

Prestige 3-Piece Copper Base Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Prestige 3-Piece Copper Base Stainless Steel Cookware Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set for the price, 7 Jan. 2013
Really wanted a decent set of coper bottomed, stainless steel pans, and these do the job nicely. The pans are slightly smaller than other pans with the same diameter measurements, and I'd recommend getting the separate stock pot in the same range for those big stews and soups.

Gordon Ramsay Maze 12 Piece Dinner Set - Taupe
Gordon Ramsay Maze 12 Piece Dinner Set - Taupe

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, generous-sized plate and bowl set, 7 Jan. 2013
Saw these on the high street and loved the look of them. Was great to find them cheaper here, and available in a wider selection of colours. The plates and bowls are really generous as far as size goes, and they look great. As there's only 4 of each in the set, we bought a set of blue and a set of brown, and they go together grea.

Page: 1 | 2