Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (Xbox 360)
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars Oddly addictive, 30 Dec. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Well, I almost always buy games on a wim not knowing what they are and this, was no exception.

The colourful funny little world of Pinata Island is oddly intriguing, you find yourself captivated by the silliest little bits, mine in particular was bugging Mr seed guy for new mystery seeds just to see what I could have in my garden next.

The plants are a big part part of you pinata world, providing lush,happy,beautiful scenery and some funny food for your paper mache friends. One of the most entertaining bits of the game is feedding them different foods to see what happens to them.

You find yourself taking part in talent contests etc. with other pinatas to beat them all, and also sending them around the world to level up at parties.

Although this is all very engaging, I found the pinata names to be unimaginative and while some were well designed others in majority were just pretty much paper mache animals with animal like names.

The Weeds drive you to insanity and unless you take the proper measures and drain all you money, you can't get rid of them easily, which is quite annoying.

There's not much to this game but it is HUGELY addictive and once you get into it, you won't wanna be pulled away.

A funny, immature, happy, colorful, brilliant game that will keep you occupied for hours on end.

Guitar Hero 5 - Game Only (Xbox 360)
Guitar Hero 5 - Game Only (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving the improvements not loving the song choice, 30 Dec. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am an absolute mental fan of guitar hero. My loving boyfriend bought this brilliant addition for me this Christmas and here are my views.

Pretty much every improvement that could have been made, was! The character creation is still a brilliant addition, now allowing you to play with you xbox avatar if you wish. You can now also comprise your own band to play through career mode with, whether it's your own creation or you wanna be in a band with the greats such as Kurt Cobain or Matt Bellamy:) I did however miss the character presence option from World tour although this didn't affect the gameplay!

For each venue on the last 1 or 2 songs, you get to select you own song from the setlist provided to play through. This, I thought was brilliant until I found that it seems you are on a timelimit to pick the song, and if you havn't got the one you want from the list by the time it runs out, you then have to play whatever song you had highlighted. This sucked a bit to be honest but again, not enough to put one off.

The song list for the game itself I thought had both good and bad points. The obvious good point being, that they have made a lot more songs availiable in this game. I did find however that GH5 had a distinctly 'new' song feel to it whereas the older ones had more of the classics available. This however is my own personal taste not everyones and although I love seeing all those brilliant new ones available I still love the retroness of the oldies and would have liked to see more variety of well known old tracks.

My last little natter is about the X-box live function. This is always brilliant on guitar hero but I found some of the modes to be slightly confusing when in play and not as user friendly as say GHWT.

Other then that I LOVE IT AND IT'S BRILLIANT AND EVERYONE SHOULD OWN IT:D

Infinite Undiscovery (Xbox 360)
Infinite Undiscovery (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like a good rpg, 30 Dec. 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Well I bought this on a wim just from looking at the back cover. I had never heard, seen or read about it so was eager to see what this game was all about.

I have played RPG's since I was old enough to read-pretty much:)- So know what I like to see in these types of games.

I found the characters to be highly entertaining in this game, despite some dodgy voice acting. I especially love Capels 'you said anything?' lines to every woman he meets. It makes for some very humorous situations.

I think this game has some refreshing points to add to this genre, here are some.

Chains- The storyline itself can leave you a bit dumbfounded sometimes but when all becomes clear, you can soon see that this isn't like a lot of the rpg's you normally play.

Multiple character roles in battle- I find elements such as Capels flute playing etc to be a fun new way to do battles. As for once sometimes the main character actually can't do the fighting and has to take the supportive role at times.

The battle system itself takes on the form of real-time battle which, unlike some other rpg's, doesn't leave you tearing your hear out wanting the turn-based battle system back. You can set general orders for your characters to follow which if used correctly, can completely alter a battle.

Bad Times!!!- The only bad point I can really make about this game, is that sometimes the cutscenes can seem like they are going on a bit long, and at times I found myself realising I had no idea what they were talking about in a scene coz I had zoned out halfway through.

Other than that, a beautifully put together game with some of the best character script I have seen in an rpg and an entertaining way to spend 2 discs worth of gaming!

Guitar Hero: World Tour - Complete Band Game (Xbox 360)
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Complete Band Game (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars FRIKKEN AWESOME!!!!, 30 Dec. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Well what can I say, I think the title speaks for itself:)

Having played the guitar hero franchise since its birth I eagerly awaited this release snubbing the rock band franchise like the devout guitar hero fan that I am:). I have always owned guitar hero and our house soon became the regular hang out being 'party game' central but this game took it to a whole new level.

The game itself follows the normal gameplay from the previous games but let's face it most people want to know about the other instruments dont they:)

Well turning it on for the first time and being in a band with my mum on drums and my dad on mic was a tad daunting as being the parentals one thinks it might take a while for them to get used to but why the second song we were in our element laughing away with great hilarity and being the destined rock band we were meant to be:P

Upon playing the intruments myself, I found a few flaws.

Drums- Although a brilliant set, I found at times that even when I was hitting certain pads it would not pick it up in the game causing me to miss these notes. I'm not sure if it is just my drum kit or all the models but this proved to be a tad annoying at times. Saying this one of the pads I was having trouble hitting was orange and it soon sorted out with a little tightening of the top. This does not mean however that one should completely pummel the drums if this happens, The kit only takes a tap and registers fine so if your kit does start missing notes, I'd say take it back to the shop and get them to sort it out.

Mic- To be honest I found it farely pointless. The mic seemed to be overly sensitive and in terms of the vocalist career, I refuse to believe that people know and love to sing every single song on the game, which means that a lot of the time I was just droning on in the general pitch of the songs just to get through them to see what the next gig offered eagerly awaiting my own favorites. Saying this however it is a rock game and if I wanted to be a high flying vocalist I should just stick to lips!!!

Overall this was a brilliantly entertaining game and even more brilliant playing on xbox live. You can download plenty more free song packs on live which are sure to keep you going for a while!

I would recommend to everyone and anyone!

The Last Remnant (Xbox 360)
The Last Remnant (Xbox 360)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

3.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing battle system but here are some other points to look out for!, 30 Dec. 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got this as Christmas present last year after bugging my boyfriend to get it as I had seen the advert on TV.

Knowing absolutely nothing about the game but having played RPG's since day dot. I found this thoroughly enjoyable.

At first, I was having trouble getting to grips with the battle system but after a few practices it's easy enough to get.

The visuals are stunning in this game and although there is some dodgy voice actors( as with any RPG really, it's not an RPG without some funny sounding vocals) the storyline and gameplay keep you entertained and wanting to know what happens next!

There were a few frustrations however.

* Firstly, you found yourself having to run around levelling up for ages just to progress with the story as some of the boss battles(or even at times normal battles) you face seem to be a few too many levels higher then you. This takes a substancial amount of time and I found myself turning the game off and coming back to it later in order to carry on.
* This leads me onto my second point. I found myself completely stuck at one point. As I'm one of those people who likes to keeps their saves nice and tidy and try to only keep one at a time. I ended up not able to kill the next boss coz my levels were too low and not able to find anything in the near vicinity to level up with!!
* My last little moan isn't a huge one and is probably just my stupidity but I found the item creation bit a tad complex to get a handle on at times!

Other then that this is a beautifully made game just remember save often and level up LOTS!!!

Fable II (Xbox 360)
Fable II (Xbox 360)
Offered by bid2win-ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly excellent!!!! I keep it short-ish, 30 Dec. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fable II (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game is quite possibly one of the most entertaining games I have ever played in my 12 years of gaming!

I still find myself going back to replay it now even after finishing it a few times.

What I love about this is that you cannot finish the game 100% unless you play it through at least 3 times(this is due to the different destiny choices etc.) Depending on your chosen path in the avatars life, you missions will change and new missions offered accordingly.

Your furry companion is a great addition to this sequal and makes for great entertainment after dog/avatar co-ordinated actions have been acquired or learned.

All missions and characters are entertaining meaning you won't get bored quickly.

The only flaw I have to report is that after you have defeated the final 'boss' in the game, it seems to have take ages loading locations or missions. Although this is not really a problem in the grand scheme of things!!

Hope this helps