Profile for yve > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
National Geographic 50mm Astronomical Telescope
National Geographic 50mm Astronomical Telescope

5.0 out of 5 stars National Geographic 50mm Astronomical Telescope, 6 Sep 2013
This is a good first-timer telescope. It is easy to assemble and doesn't take up much room. One of my grandchildren uses it for the planets, the other is into nature and uses it to study 'creepy crawlies' in their habitat! Time will tell if this hobby becomes a long-time interest.

Sudoku Puzzles for Kids
Sudoku Puzzles for Kids
by Michael Rios

5.0 out of 5 stars Sudoku Puzzles for Kids, 6 Sep 2013
If you have a child who likes numbers, this is the book. My grandson is 5yrs old and he loves it - keeps him absorbed for ages - especially in the car! Recommended.

The "Everything" Kids' Astronomy Book: Blast into Outer Space with Stellar Facts, Intergalactic Trivia, and Out-of-This-World Puzzles (Everything S.)
by Kathi Wagner

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids' Astronomy Book, 6 Sep 2013
Great (thin) book to encourage interest in outer space. My 9yr old grandson is interested in the sky and to encourage without it being 'too heavy' I bought this, together with a telescope for his birthday. He was really pleased. This book is interesting and not too big to become boring. Recommended.

The Kids' Book Of Holiday Puzzles
The Kids' Book Of Holiday Puzzles
by Gareth Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Holiday Puzzles fir Kids, 6 Sep 2013
Just the job! I have a 5yr old grandson who needs to be constantly doing something, so this was ideal for the long drive when we went on holiday this summer. Recommended.

Early Christian Writings: The Apostolic Fathers (Classics)
Early Christian Writings: The Apostolic Fathers (Classics)
by Andrew Louth

4.0 out of 5 stars I need glasses!, 21 July 2013
I am pre-empting my reading of this book as I am sure the writings are good but unfortunately the print is so tiny that I cannot use my usual reading pattern, ie at night, because artificial light is not good enough - or maybe I need new glasses! The book arrived in plenty of time and I would use this seller again.

Francis: Pope of a New World: A Photographic Record
Francis: Pope of a New World: A Photographic Record
by Centro Catechis

5.0 out of 5 stars A Jesuit Pope!, 21 July 2013
This is a lovely little book that gives a brief outline to the life of Pope Francis prior to his election. I have always said that if you have a problem, ask a Jesuit and now we have one for a Pope. He has a tough time ahead but with Jesuit philosophy I am sure he is well able and within months of inauguration is already investigating the Vatican Bank and the Vatican itself! I recommend this read and hopefully afterwards you will feel like me that somehow we can relax a little as we now have a pair of safe hands in charge. Book arrived promptly and I would use this seller again.

The Tragedy of the Templars: The Rise and Fall of the Crusader States
The Tragedy of the Templars: The Rise and Fall of the Crusader States
by Michael Haag

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a really good history book, 21 July 2013
I purchased this book expecting it to be just about the Crusades. It does do that but it also describes the continual historical decimation of the Middle East by the Muslim Wars and Turkish invasion which lays the foundation of the turmoils in that region today. I have been guilty of reading religious texts and not following through with the historical facts and would recommend this book to anyone who is wanting to understand more about the reasons for the Middle Eastern turmoil. Book arrived in plenty of time and I would use this seller again.

Not the Whole Truth
Not the Whole Truth
by John Carmel Heenan

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the Whole Truth, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Not the Whole Truth (Hardcover)
I have presumed the rating of this book because I have yet to read it. I like to read theological books slowly and singularly and am still reflecting on my reading of A Bitter Trial. I must admit, I am biaised when it comes to Cardinal Heenan and I like to read about him slowly and without interruption. The book has been used before but that doesn't matter (I cannot be the only devotee), the print hasn't changed and it arrived in plenty of time. I will use this seller again.

A Bitter Trial: Evelyn Waugh and John Cardinal Heenan on the Liturgical Changes
A Bitter Trial: Evelyn Waugh and John Cardinal Heenan on the Liturgical Changes
by Evelyn Waugh

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bitter Trial, 21 July 2013
This is an interest little book that adequately represents the dilemma and consequences of change with traditions. Cardinal Heenan had his own opinions as a man but having to follow the teachings of the church and yet deeply sympathising with Evelyn Waugh's views (and those of many many others). Book arrived within delivery time and I would use this seller again.

Higher Nature Sea Calcium 180 Tablets
Higher Nature Sea Calcium 180 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the stuff!, 21 July 2013
The market is awash with different calcium tablets and I have spent a long time researching the different kinds. As I need the highest quality to assist the absorbtion of my D3 tablets (for bones) I was glad to find this product at such a reasonable price - the alternative was from the US and cost $30! Once these are used up I will look to see if I can order it in capsule/liquid form to heighten the absorption but if not I will certainly reorder as is and from the same supplier who responded quickly, well within the delivery time quoted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7