Profile for H. Quelch > Reviews

Content by H. Quelch

H. Quelch (Hertfordshire, UK)

Party Crazy Balloon Pump
Party Crazy Balloon Pump
Offered by Tri Balloons

1.0 out of 5 stars it pumped air into the balloon and then promptly sucked it out again when you tried to do the ..., 16 Dec. 2014
The balloon didn't fit properly onto the end, it pumped air into the balloon and then promptly sucked it out again when you tried to do the second pump - absolutely useless product!

Best Quality, Large Striped Bib Apron with pocket, 100% Cotton *LONG TIES* Thick Material, Various Colours available (Navy Blue)By Dennys
Offered by Bex Pets & Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for all want-a-be chefs, 14 Jan. 2011
I bought this apron for my brother-in-law for Christmas and he's barely taken it off! Its great quality, has been washed several times and kept both its colour and its shape and the straps are long enough to tie up in front!

The Go-Away Bird
The Go-Away Bird
by Warren FitzGerald

5.0 out of 5 stars The Go Away Bird: This book is wonderful, an eye opener and a page turner!!, 14 Jun. 2010
This review is from: The Go-Away Bird (Paperback)
The Go Away Bird is a fantastic read. It tackles heart moving issues in such a way that is both sensitive and light hearted. The characters are so believable that I fell in love with them - Clementine is just adorable whose story will stay with me for a very long time and Ashley is the most unusual hero who I just wanted to be happy. Warren has an amazing ability to set the scene - the London setting was easy for me to imagine (I'm sure I've visited a place just like Ashley's before); but Warren was able to transport me easily to the very different Rwanda, conjuring very vivid images of Clementine's life.

The Bride's Instruction Manual: How to Survive and Possibly Even Enjoy the Biggest Day of Your Life (Instruction Manual): How to Survive and Possibly Even ... Day of Your Life (Instruction Manual)
by Carrie Denny

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 Nov. 2009
The biggest disappointment with this book is that its American (which I didn't realise when I bought it) and American weddings seem to have a very different culture to British ones...

I don't understand why you'd ever want to mess up your hair, make up and dress by throwing a very expensive wedding cake at each other (as they suggest in the book!) or what is wrong with asking your guests to pay for their own drinks during the reception; something they state is a complete no no.

The book is well written and very easy to read, but unless you want a very "American" wedding... this is not much help

24: Season One DVD Collection [DVD]
24: Season One DVD Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!, 13 Nov. 2009
I watched the first season of 24 when it was on the Beeb in 2002, but my other half never saw it... I bought it for him a few weeks ago and we're both totally hooked (even though I know whats going to happen), he loves it so much he's gone looking for the ring tone!

If you've not done the 24 thing yet, then you should definitely give this a go... start from the beginning, don't jump straight into later seasons!

"Doctor Who", Adventures in History: 'The Myth Makers', 'The Massacre', 'The Highlanders'
by Various
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Who!, 16 April 2009
Never before has commuting to work been so enjoyable, on my way to the office I now get to listen to one episode of Dr Who - I have very nearly completed the whole of the 1st doctors adventures this way.

But when you're buying each story individually it can work out quite costly... however, this box set provides you with 3 stories for the price of one, so its very good value.

The Myth Makers is a particuarly good story - set in the trojan war and has been one of my favourites; the Massacre is a good story, but be prepared it is some what sad... and I am yet to listen to the Highlanders yet (as I'm listening to the stories in order and I'm still on the Gun Fighters)

But enjoy - its well worth it!!!