Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for S.Arthur > Reviews

Content by S.Arthur

S.Arthur

Luxury Fine Pewter Starfish Cufflinks, Handcast by William Sturt
Luxury Fine Pewter Starfish Cufflinks, Handcast by William Sturt
Offered by High Country Pewter

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 7 Nov. 2015
These are really lovely cuff links, my husband loves them! The quality is great and I would recommend

The New Eco Kettle - makes a great cuppa and saves energy and money
The New Eco Kettle - makes a great cuppa and saves energy and money

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous, 24 Mar. 2015
this kettle can not be boiled when full without spitting a considerable amount of boiling water over the surrounding area and a foot up the wall! It also has sudden spurts after boiling when you tip it, water suddenly starts to bubble aggressively and over shoots cups or whatever you are pouring into. I do not recommend this kettle for this reason. As far as the Eco side of it goes the danger totally outweighs any environmental concerns.

Playmobil 4858 Pool with Water Slide
Playmobil 4858 Pool with Water Slide

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic toy, 4 Dec. 2013
I bought this last Christmas for my 2.5 year old daughter and she loved it! We especially loved that it can be filled with water! I had to take away a few of the tiny bits like the cute little flip flops as she constantly wanted me to put them back on the dolls and i was starting to go a bit bonkers! but she spent hours putting the dolls into the water and down the slide, even the little shower works!
This has taken a pounding over the year as my younger daughter took an interest, now they are 3.5 and 2.5 and both still love it. it lived in the garden all summer got dropped many times and filled with mud, shells and stones and it still didn't break.
I have taken it apart and cleaned it as the shower was blocked with mud and put it together again, it looks like new... minus a few missing bits that will probably turn up in the spring when gardening.
I really do recommend this toy - it doesn't feel cheap, it can be completely cleaned, it can survive very small children fighting over it, it has also encouraged them to love the swimming pool and slide, they now teach the dolls to swim!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this

Sylvanian Families Campervan
Sylvanian Families Campervan

4.0 out of 5 stars It's hanging on in there!, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Sylvanian Families Campervan (Toy)
The kids love this campervan! Father christmas bought it last year and I didn't think it would last until boxing day, it doesn't feel tough or durable but I am happy to say I was proved wrong! we have lost all the little bits, the roof has come off but even though it re attaches easily enough the kids seem to prefer it off, it has been dropped, sat on, kicked around and stuffed with sea shells but still it is a favorite! I have to say I am pleased with the fun it has provided (not to mention the holidays for the dollies)

ELC HappyLand Toadstool Cottage
ELC HappyLand Toadstool Cottage

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 22 Oct. 2013
My daughter loved this toy when she saw it, however the door fell off practically every time she touched it! the little nobbles that hold the door in are not big enough and I got so annoyed at constantly re attaching the door while she cried that I hid it in the garage....now spiders are are living in it and they seem pleased with it, I am not pleased with it!

Early Learning Centre Happyland Lift Off Rocket
Early Learning Centre Happyland Lift Off Rocket

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 22 Oct. 2013
I rushed out and bought this when it was on sale and the kids were delighted, however the top two doors constantly came off when opened and closed, even when I opened it myself and did it carefully they still came off. This is very frustrating for the children and for myself who was constantly trying to re attach it! I have spoken to other people who say the same thing! Even on Cbeebies they have one in the background with the door missing!
I also have the Happyland toadstool which also has a door that comes off all the time! I won't buy this make of toy anymore.

Sewing for Boys: 24 Sewing Projects to Create a Handmade Wardrobe for the Boy in Your Life
by Shelly Figueroa
Edition: Spiral-bound

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 25 Oct. 2012
I bought this book as you don't see many aimed at boys and I loved the pictures of the items to make.
The first thing I made however has been a huge disappointment! the pullover seemed strange when I cut out out the pattern and I thought the sleeves a little odd. When I put it together the sleeves had no shape at all and appeared to suck in on the sholders, whilst the body seemed too short and too wide. I am not a novice seamstress and have never found a pattern that looked so odd. Needless to say I haven't wasted any more time on any of the other patterns.
I am really sorry to have to say this about what appeared such a beautiful book and looked so promising for a little boys wardrobe.