Profile for Sixties Fan > Reviews

Content by Sixties Fan

Sixties Fan "Mike" (Nottinghamshire)

Page: 1 | 2
2012 PANASONIC CODEFREE DMP-BD87 w Built-in Wi-Fi MultiZone Region Code Free DVD 012345678 PAL/NTSC Blu Ray Zone A/B/C. DivX XviD AVI and MKV Playback and Support. 100~240V 50/60Hz comes with EU & UK plugs (Free HDMi Cable)
Offered by MULTI-SYSTEM ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a fine sounding CD player as well, 24 Feb 2014
I'd just like to add that I agree 100% with all the reviews so far
but would like to add that playing CD's on this machine is also high quality
and to be honest it's the best CD player I've heard and puts a lot of
CD players at twice the cost to shame so I'm now using this DVD player
as my main CD player as well.

Elvis Presley- The Perfect Elvis Soundtracks
Elvis Presley- The Perfect Elvis Soundtracks

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice all in one place, 14 Jan 2014
This CD box set is great way to gather all of the film soundtracks in one place at a great price
a lot of these tracks are sub-standard but there are many gems hidden on these CD''s
and the early soundtracks are the best but at this price you can forgive yourself having to buy albums that are below standard.

Let Me Tell You Baby ... It's Called Rock'n'Roll
Let Me Tell You Baby ... It's Called Rock'n'Roll

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Cliff and The Shadows, 15 Feb 2013
If you are old enough to remember the beginnings of Cliff and The Shadows remarkable careers you wil love this CD which basically transforms you back in time to the late fifties,. this is raw British rock'n'roll without all the gloss that came later and it takes you back to when life in England was much simpler, very enjoyable CD and a must for all Cliff fans who remember when he was a teen idol.
CD1 has all the songs without the studio announcements in between the songs and CD 2 has all the same songs again but with studio announcements in between the songs and five extra bonus songs recorded off air in lesser quality, the CD also comes with a very informative booklet full of early facts from those early time. Buy it today as I feel this will be in limited supply.

Konig FM Antenna
Konig FM Antenna
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: Konig FM Antenna (Accessory)
This Antenna did the job perfectly, it's in my loft and pointing towards the local transmitter and I now have full gain on my radio tuner with perfect stereo reception from all the main BBC stations and my local radio station, this Konig Antenna works a treat and it's a bonus that it works fine in the loft.

Love Is A Now And Then Thing
Love Is A Now And Then Thing

4.0 out of 5 stars Songs of heartbreak, 5 Dec 2012
This is a wonderful album of songs with a heartbreak theme or songs for suicide lovers and sung to perfection by Anthony Newley with wonderful arrangements by British arranger Eric Rogers, all the twelve songs are well known standards by great writers and the album is very well recorded at the English Decca studios in the early sixties, a must have album in my opinion but a word of warning about this CD it has been made from a vinyl transfer but in it's defence it is a very quiet pressing and is perfectly fine but it's worth the purchase at the low price to gain access to this wonderful album.

ONKYO C-S5VLS Super Audio CD/CD Player - Silver
ONKYO C-S5VLS Super Audio CD/CD Player - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars At last I'm happy, 28 Nov 2012
I bought this CD player because of the excellent reviews on this site and various forums and I can honestly say I am totally delighted with my choice, I had owned a high end CD player but was unhappy with the digital harshness and cluttered reproduction during complex passages, the moment I plugged in my new Onkyo C-S5VLS player I was totally blown away by the sound quality suddenly all my CD's sounded smooth but not dull and I could hear instruments clearly during complicated passages but what really surprised me was the open staging and sense of depth and vocals sounded very natural this machine is a bargain and it's 50% less than my previous high end player, this machine is a bargain at the current Amazon price. At last I'm happy

40 Golden Greats
40 Golden Greats

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Recordings with the true sound, 6 July 2011
This review is from: 40 Golden Greats (Audio CD)
This is a very fine compilation of Cliff's many hit records but the real special thing about this compilation is that it contains all the original mixes from the period they were originally released in other words the mastering is warm and full of depth as they were originally intended later compilations have been changed and sound brittle with added reverberation, this compilation is highly collectible with audiophiles at a very affordable price grab this while you can as I suspect we will never hear these tracks in such good authentic sound again as modern mastering doesn't suit these tracks.

Cliff Rockin' With the Shadows
Cliff Rockin' With the Shadows

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cliff & The Shadows Period, 10 Dec 2010
This is an essential purchase for people who are seeking out the best of the classic Cliff Richard and The Shadows period in 1960, this double CD contains the eight Cliff and Shadows tracks from the 'Cliff Sings' album, the 'Expresso Bongo' EP and the essential ground breaking album 'Me & My Shadows' in stereo and mono, also included are various singles and 'B'sides recorded around the same time. The mastering is excellent and I have never heard these titles sound this good. The package also comes with a 52 page book containing photos of the singles and albums and rare photos many I have never seen before, this is a first class deluxe item and I look forward to future releases from this company. I bought this package for the quality of the mastering and then the book was a surprise bonus. buy with confidence this is an essential purchase for fans of the classic Cliff & The Shadows sound from 1960.

Sinatra/Jobim: The Complete Reprise Recordings
Sinatra/Jobim: The Complete Reprise Recordings

5.0 out of 5 stars All in one place at last, 3 Oct 2010
At last we have all the classic recordings of Frank Sinatra's collaboration with Carlos Jobim on one CD, 12 songs were previously issued on one complete album then the rest ended up on a compilation of recordings called 'Sinatra & Company' and a few others lay in the vault for many years until now, all the songs have been remixed from the original multi-track tapes by Larry Walsh an engineer known to Sinatra lovers for his excellent work and ear, they have never sounded so good, the original 60's mixes had too much echo and the sound was confused but the new mixes are much dryer and clearer and better for it, the CD sounds beautiful and I now wish Concord would remix many other Sinatra albums from the 60's. No home should be without this wonderful album.

From Elvis In Memphis (Legacy Edition)
From Elvis In Memphis (Legacy Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Memphis Magic, 24 July 2009
This CD is an essential purchase you get the complete 'Elvis In Memphis' and 'Back In Memphis' albums in the original running orders plus the titles that they left behind as a bonus and also the singles from these sessions with the original mono mixes as released in the late sixties, the mono mixes alone are worth the price of this album and they have all been newly remastered. Elvis at his best, buy it !!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2010 9:58 PM GMT