Profile for Mr. Ahf Sinicki > Reviews

Mr. Ahf Sinicki

Time
Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahead of its time., 21 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Time (Audio CD)
This album is one of ELO's later creations, and by this stage they had dropped their two cello-ists, (?), and violinist, (the brilliant Mik Kaminski), and instead relied on the heavy use of synths to create their symphonic sound. This gives the album a very electronic sound, but still the 'full' sound that ELO have allways had.
While I preffered the strings, this works particularly well for the futuristic theme of the album and the fantastic arrangement is still there. I like to think that ELO started off Orchestral, (Eldorado), and gradually became more and more electric, (Balance of power).
The songs are varied, from the very mellow 'Ticket to the moon', to the incredibly upbeat 'Yours Truly', (full of futuristic bleeps and swooshes), and 'Hold on Tight'.
For me this album has a deeper meaning, on the one hand I think it's a fun album about the future, but on the other hand I feel that there's a sadness to it focussing on how time changes everything. The future painted is often a sad one with the protagonists of each song feeling alientated or lonely. The inclusion of the bonus track, 'July Don't Live Here Any More' seems to add to that theme. I think that this album is about change, and this could be due to the changes Lynn was going through at the time. This was to be their live swansong.
Ultimately though, the album ends on a very positive note with the hit rocker 'Hold On Tight', which is all about holding onto your dreams - a more positive aspect of the future!
ELO deserve a lot more credit than they receive, and this fun, ambitious album demonstrates that.

Constrictor
Constrictor
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Dramatic, loud, defiant!, 5 Dec. 2004
This review is from: Constrictor (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic album by Mr Cooper. It's a good style he's got here, while he's toyed around with quite a few, it's this this good old soft rock sound that he's really comfortable in. The lyrics are what really make a good Alice Cooper album and this one's got great lyrics.
'Life and Death of the party' is my favorite pick and is fantastically dark sounding and get's me thinking about a few girls I know. 'He's Back', another brilliantly dark song, I like to walk around and pretend he's singing about me, (sad), 'The world need guts' is a nice rebelious one with some pretty fast guitar work, 'teanage frankenstein' - another brilliant teen anthem from the man who brought us 'school's out' and 'eighteen', while the chorus of simple disobedience is eerie and sounds like something from a musical, 'crawling' is another more popular of his - and justifiably so. A few of them are less inspired, like 'Trick Bag', but there are enough fantastic and hard to find songs on here to make you forget the fillers, (which aren't actually bad, just less inspired).
This was my first of his albums after classiks, and I found it to be accessible, not too poppy, not too heavy and emotive. A great introduction. I then moved onto the less accessible but equally brilliant early album 'Killer'.

Mustek DV2000 Solid State Digital Camcorder
Mustek DV2000 Solid State Digital Camcorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible piece of kit!, 22 Feb. 2004
I can't recommend this camera enough. I don't know about the other models, (3000 and 4000), but this one is truly fantastic!
The high quality pictures are full screen and highly detailed, the video clips are crisp, (the quality was high enough that I used it to film my student production for A level Media Studies), and the camera is very simple to use. (If you want to see an example of the video clips goto this link: [...] The software you get free is also easy to use and installation is a synch.
I was pretty sceptical when buying, why so cheap? But rest assured there's nothing wrong with it at all. I know what the other reviews mean when they say it's not very good in the dark, but it's not a problem as you can just lower the resolution and turn on night mode- no problem.
It's actually quite a sturdy thing too, I dropped it from quite a height on concrete and after the initial scare I was pleased to find it unscathed.
Buy it, love it, impress... everyone. If I have helped convince you to buy it then my karma should be great; I've done my part.

Abe's Oddysee
Abe's Oddysee

5.0 out of 5 stars Oddworld series kicks off to a great start, 15 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Abe's Oddysee (Video Game)
In this era of Games, every one was jumping onto the 3D bandwagon, but no one was getting it quite right. The first two Oddworld games, (of which this is the first), broke that trend sticking to traditional 2d, and they're all the better for it!
The 2D layout gives you much tighter control of the protagonist and allows for some truly stunning animation and beautifully rendered backgrounds.
What really makes this series stand out however is the excelent characterisation of the creatures that inhabit the 'Oddworld'. From the trigger happy, and frankly disturbing, Sligs, to the bumbling chump and unlikely hero Abe. These excelent characters really do come to life, especially in the award winning cut scenes.
The gameplay is a bit like an evolved Prince of Persia, it's old fasioned platforming with some twists, like the ability to posses and control the weird inhabitants and speak to your fellow Mudokons.
This truly is an inovative title and an excelent begining for a fantastic series. Buy this, then buy the other 2 titles, once you've done that, sit in your room rocking slowly back and forth awating the next instalment.