Profile for Dave B > Reviews

Dead Man's Gift: Part Three
Dead Man's Gift: Part Three
Price: 0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling!, 20 Aug 2014
A cracking read from a cracking writter.

It's All Greek to Me!: A Tale of a Mad Dog and an Englishman, Ruins, Retsina - And Real Greeks
by John Mole
Price: 8.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, 20 Aug 2014
If you haven't read a similar book by John Humphrys,save yourself some wasted time and buy Blue Skies & Black Olives. A million times more interesting and a million times funnier. I gave up on this book about 2/3rds of the way through. Dull!!

Presumed Guilty: (A Jefferson Winter novella)
Presumed Guilty: (A Jefferson Winter novella)
Price: 0.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy! Buy!, 18 July 2014
Not as good as Broken Dolls, a book that made me unaware of time, I was so engrossed! I was actually expecting this to be longer. However,this is the best new author I've discovered in ages. I can't wait for the next Jefferson Winter story. A great character and a refreshing change from some other characters that have been around a long time and are getting tired ie Jack Reacher. And author James Patterson, The Rolling Stones of authors ie (good in his day but that was a while a go now).

Dead Man's Gift: Part One
Dead Man's Gift: Part One
Price: 0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 1 July 2014
Another excellent page turner from Simon Kernick. Well worth the investment. He has to be one of the best thriller writers around.

DEAD GONE
DEAD GONE
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Obvious, 26 May 2014
This review is from: DEAD GONE (Kindle Edition)
While I enjoyed reading this book,the villain was to obvious and easily guessed. This spoilt what would've been an excellent read.

A Hard Day's Write The Stories behind every Beatles Song
A Hard Day's Write The Stories behind every Beatles Song

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Book!, 14 May 2014
If you are a Beatles fan, this book is a must. I doubt that there is a better Beatles book out there (not that I have read every single one). Well worth the investment.

Broken Dolls (A Jefferson Winter Thriller)
Broken Dolls (A Jefferson Winter Thriller)
Price: 1.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Roller coaster!, 14 May 2014
Wow! What a roller coaster ride. Thankyou James Carol. This is the best book I have read in quite a while and can highly recommend it. The fact that Sky TV have bought the option to turn this story into a series says it all. And it's only a debut book for Mr Carol. A great achievement. Interesting characters in a real page turning story. I lost a lot of sleep reading this and can't wait for his next book.

A Captain's Duty
A Captain's Duty
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The Film Is Better!, 14 May 2014
This review is from: A Captain's Duty (Kindle Edition)
Rarely is a film better than the same book but in this case it most certainly is. Although the book provides more stories about Captain Phillips life, much of it is unnecessary and, I felt, was mentioned mealy to fill the book out. Yes it gives us the picture of what sort of character he is but the book strayed from the main story on too many occasions for me.

K-Seal - Permanent Coolant Leak Repair 236 ML
K-Seal - Permanent Coolant Leak Repair 236 ML
Offered by E2 TRADE
Price: 8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars K-Seal, 14 May 2014
I had a leak somewhere in my car which was proving difficult to trace. I renewed several suspicious parts but nothing seemed to make any difference. A former AA man suggested using K-Seal. I had never heard of the product but was willing to try anything as I was topping my radiator up on a daily basis. K-Seal has made a huge difference. Although my car is still leaking water, it is nowhere near as much. Had I known about this product earlier, I could've saved a lot of time and money wasted on parts i didn't need. Well worth considering and much better than the inferior radweld.

Maypole 7418 8A Battery Charger 12V
Maypole 7418 8A Battery Charger 12V
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar
Price: 23.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value!, 14 Dec 2012
I was looking for a good quality charger and bought this one based on the other reviews I read.I was not disappointed.It easily lives up to my expectations and I highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3