Profile for jayjay > Reviews

Content by jayjay

jayjay

ID Moments Hypoallergenic Silicone Based Lubricant Paraben and Glycerin Free 60ml

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy way out of a tight situation, 11 April 2015
What a fantastic product, when the missus is a little dry we just apply a small squirt of this amazing lubricant and I can slip straight in. This is quite handy for me as I am well endowed and she is quite tight. I'd advise you don't use too much or you'll think you've stuck your slong into a tank of oil. A+++++

Checkmate (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell)
Checkmate (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell)

1.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly hated it, never finished it, 19 July 2012
Out of all of the books I have read, never have I been less entertained. I don't always read books based on the literate quality, but this takes it a step too far. I was engaged in the story and not sure if I reached a hundred pages. Much preferred the previous 2.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
by Oliver Bowden

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old problem, new book, 19 July 2012
Once again Bowden has probably been banging his head against the keyboard whilst writing this. He cannot utilise his greatest qualities that he clearly possesses when it comes to writing novels. The entire story based around the game was frustrating and lacked more passion than a Templar goon. I did however, as with the previous novel based on Altaiir, thoroughly enjoy his rendition of Altaiir's life that Ezio observes through the gemstones and also the end part that you may call 'Post-Assassin' Ezio. Once again, Bowden did a fantastic job of opening up the emotions of the characters and making the reading fluent and enjoyable. I nearly cried at that last page after Ezio's death. If this guy writes a book completely free of the video game storyline restriction then I will be one of the first to pre-order it. Read it if you love the games, don't read it if you love books.

Edimax EW-7811Un N150 Wireless USB Adapter Nano
Edimax EW-7811Un N150 Wireless USB Adapter Nano

5.0 out of 5 stars A good piece of kit, 19 July 2012
I'm no expert on wireless network adapters so I'll write for those who are seeking an easy solution to their lack internal wireless adapter on their pc/laptop. It works exactly you would expect. Connects to the internet, is great depending on your internet speed and is as miniature as it makes out in the picture. Magnificent idea in my opinion!

The Assassins: the story of Medieval Islam's Secret Sect
The Assassins: the story of Medieval Islam's Secret Sect
by W. B. Bartlett

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Educational, 8 July 2012
Interesting and educational however, it can seem a heavy read. A good academic text though and I can happily say that I've expanded my vocabulary. No joke, I had to have a dictionary at my side at one point. I can happily say that the brief history of Islam and then showing where this branch came from was an amazing addition. It broadens your mind to the bigger picture in many ways instead of focusing purely on the one sect. This helps avoid the elaboration of the myths, which the writer intricately wove into the story as a possibility and explains why it may not be true.

Now I know that many who have read this will have done so as a result of the fascinating realms of the Assassin's Creed series. It does not exactly turn into a rendition of the game, but to the discerning eye the influence to many aspects of the mere concept are moderately influenced by the reality of it all. For instance, the whole eagle thing in the game is most likely related to Alamut which is named after the phrase 'Aluh Amut' which means 'The Eagle's Teaching'. I would suggest that you do not read this unless you want the bleak reality of the Nizari Ismaili's. Luckily, Islam fascinates me. Marvellous read.

Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade
Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade
by Oliver Bowden

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a great book, but the author needs to be more dedicated, 6 Aug. 2011
Well, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book, mainly because I nearly leapt on the postman when it came after 2 months of waiting, sometimes you can make yourself love something, but anyway, I've got to admit, I think that Oliver Bowden doesn't really enjoy writing the storylines from a game, he just lacked passion in the first part. However, he really nailed the rest of it! Very gripping, he made our old friend Altaiir a more 3D character than he was on the game, which wasn't hard, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Altaiir's life after the 9 tasks. And then the last part, where his wife, Maria, is murdered by his long-time foe, Abbas, I nearly cried, I felt for this guy that is fictional (well, there's no proving it, but he's probably fictional!) And I'm not a massively emotional guy! He truly became a legend through this book! I cannot wait for the next installment! :D

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Operation Barracuda
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Operation Barracuda
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Weirdly good, nothing special but enjoyable!, 6 Aug. 2011
Okay, its not a superbly written book. But hey, not everything written can be great, I mean look at music a lot of stuff is poor, but people listen anyway because it's entertaining! And I loved this, I thought that it really divulged Sam Fisher's persona, some people would argue about the Krav Maga teacher part, but for me that added a real emotional depth, I was heartbroken when she got shot and Sam HAD to walk away! And as usual I actually like the 1st person, switch to 3rd person idea. I'm very disappointed that they've changed author (David Michaels is a pseudonym) but hey I'll read the others anyway! :D overall, enjoyable book!

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, nice easy read, 19 Jun. 2011
A lot of people who read real best-seller books could probably find fault with this, but I feel that it is a good read! The 1st person element is excellent if I'm honest, it also flits into 3rd person occasionally which offers a great 3 dimensional feel to the story! Its just fun to read if I'm honest!