Profile for Pen Name > Reviews

Midwifery Essentials: Postnatal: Volume 4
Midwifery Essentials: Postnatal: Volume 4
Price: 5.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, 30 May 2013
Im going into studying midwifery. I work in maternity services as a midwifery assistant, so the entire Midwifery Essentials series would have benefitted me before getting my job, not as a pre-midwifery student. I would recommend this to someone completely new to healthcare because the level expected at University is much greater than this.

Midwifery Essentials: Antenatal: Volume 2

Safe & Sound Pop-Open 7 Day Pill Box
Safe & Sound Pop-Open 7 Day Pill Box
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 30 May 2013
I bought 2 of these, one for me and one for my mum. I love that the compartments separate so I am able to take it with me to work without overloading my little bag. Not all my vitamins fit in here but I do take a considerable amount. This holds 7 largish capsules though, so still pretty good. But I mainly bought this for my mum to use, as she is currently on blood pressure medication and constantly forgets to take them. So far since using this, she hasnt forgotten yet, which earns its 5 stars for me. It seems sturdy enough, none of the hinges have broken off yet, but the release button is a bit stiff at times. After reading the negative reviews of this item breaking, I've just taken extra care in not being too heavy handed on opening. As long as it does what it's meant to do, its 5 stars for me!

The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush
The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush
Price: 6.41

2.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous suggestions., 30 May 2013
I was recommended to read this book to perform a liver flush as a way of clearing my acne. Personally I feel this book provides dangerous advice, particularly with the amount of epsom salts to consume. Epsom salts is magnesium sulphate, and ingesting too much can cause severe health problems. I know googling information can be equally as dangerous, but I came across the Food Standard Agency and the consumption of epsom salts in the amount suggested in this book greatly exceeds the FSA recommendations. To anyone who has performed this and were happy with results then that's great its benefitted you. But to those who have yet to do the liver flush, just be wary. For me, its a no go!

Omron Large Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff (32 - 42 cm)
Omron Large Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff (32 - 42 cm)
Price: 10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 30 May 2013
Have been using this with the Omron blood pressure Monitor and it fits for all of my family members. Its easy to strap on yourself. Measurements are very accurate. No complaints here.

Busy B Bride to B Wedding Sticky Notes - White
Busy B Bride to B Wedding Sticky Notes - White
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift., 14 April 2013
Bought this along with the wedding planner for my boyfriend's sister who is getting married and she seems to love it. Could be trying to be polite, but having had a sneak peak at it myself I would definitely love to receive this as a present for when my time comes, that is if I don't purchase it myself first.

Sativa Hemp and Organic Cotton Multi-purpose A4 Messenger Bag -Dark Grey
Sativa Hemp and Organic Cotton Multi-purpose A4 Messenger Bag -Dark Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and durable, 14 April 2013
I am someone who wears out bags quite quickly. I bought this to withstand the heavy books I carry to and from university everyday and so far it has held up well! No holes yet, so I would recommend this and would definitely buy more bags of this brand. I could probably do with one for work too...

Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor
Price: 19.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and useful, accurate readings so far.., 14 April 2013
I bought this for my mum who has high blood pressure and thought it would be useful and probably more accurate to monitor it from home, rather than having to make an appointment with the GP each time. I work in a hospital so am aware of what my own blood pressure should be and having used this on myself it seems to give accurate readings. A shame that it only comes with 4 AAA batteries and you have to purchase your own AC adapter. Also the cuff it comes with is a little on the small side with the maximum arm circumference needing to be within 8.5 - 12.5 inches, Im petite, size 8/10 uk and my arm is 10 inches. So I ordered the large which fits everyone in my family. For a cheap and cheerful, straightforward and uncomplicated little device I would recommend this one.

FURminator 2013 De-Shedding Tool for Dogs
FURminator 2013 De-Shedding Tool for Dogs
Price: 31.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Noticably better than a regular brush, 17 April 2012
I bought this after watching the furminator video and Im glad I bought it. It doesnt get rid of all of the hair in one easy swipe as the video indicates which is why its 4 stars instead of 5, but it does collect an enormous amount of hair in comparison to a regular pet brush. If you look on the furminator website as well as read the instructions it comes with it will say to not apply too much pressure and a gentle stroke will do. A little bit of force is needed and will take a few strokes to work out the right amount of force that will not hurt your pet but ensure the max amount of hair you can get. depending on the breed and how much it malts will determine how often you need to use it. I have a labrador who seems to have a never ending supply so spending 5-10 mins everyday works best for me! sturdy tool, worth every penny!