Profile for Leviathan > Reviews

Content by Leviathan

Leviathan (Tyne Valley, Northumberland)

Urban Armor Gear GLXS3-COMP-BLK-VP Composite Case with Impact Resistant Bumpers for Samsung Galaxy S III - Black
Offered by Alida Systems ®
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best case for any phone I've ever had, 18 Nov 2013
These cases really are the best fitting case for any phone I've ever owned. I like them so much that I've persuaded 3 friends to get them for theirs phones as well. I'm even fancying another one in another colour.

Cannot recommend then highly enough. If got want a quality, perfectly during case for your Galaxy (or HTC One ad my father had that one) then go for one of these. Superb.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3)
Offered by MDS Entertainment
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It might not be brilliant, but it's still damn good., 17 Dec 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Force Unleashed 2 has taken a bit of a beating since it's release. Many people have slated it for being too repetitive, boring, too short, etc. I have to say that I must agree on it being a little repetitive. Throughout the game there are only a few different enemies that you face, but as the game progresses you simply have to beat 2 of them, then 2 of them plus one of something else, then after that it's 2 of the first enemy plus 2 of the other enemies... you get the idea. This doesn't make it a bad game though.

I have the first Force Unleashed as well, but that one I have not played to completion as I found it to have more frustrating elements to it that put me off the game. This one kept me coming back to it as I really wanted to complete the game. That fact in itself bodes well for the game, as in 2 year of owning my PS3 I have only actually played about 7 games to completion... but yet I have over 50 games in my collection, plus several PSN games and countless more that I have since traded in against something. I have a short attention span with games, so it has to be good to keep me coming back for more.

Graphically it looks stunning, the locations, effects, cut scenes and enemies all look beautiful. I loved all the force powers that you have at your disposal and the Jedi mind trick was my particular favourite. The voice acting is faultless and is quite convincing.

I can only recommend this wholeheartedly to any Star Wars fan, especially fans from my generation who remember the original Star Wars figures and still like the original films better than the "special editions". It's a superb Star Wars hit and I really do hope that a third game will be made, or at least another Star Wars game maybe using the same engine... a proper Star Wars game though, not a cartoony Clone Wars game.

Buy it.

Resident Evil: Gold - Move Edition (PS3)
Resident Evil: Gold - Move Edition (PS3)
Offered by Future Gaming UK
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as I wanted it to be..., 5 Oct 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I wanted this game to be good; I had high hopes and also had to wait a while for this coming back into stock after it seemed to be a bit of a sleeper Move launch title.

After a decent fist at it I have to say that I am far from disappointed. The game is a cracker in any case, everyone already knew that. A superb continuation of the Resident Evil storyline, but in a new direction and style that has really helped to keep it fresh and engaging.

The Move functionality has just helped to take it to that extra level as far as I am concerned. The hardware is so astonishingly precise, that shooting games are going to be so much fun to play with the Move.

The aiming is pin-point sharp without any of the issues that have affected the Wii controller. Don't get me wrong, I love RE4 on the Wii and was hoping that this would be as good as that. What I got was so much better, the controls are so accurate.

The only thing I would highlight; and I'm being careful not to call it a problem or an issue, is the fact that the firing controls on the Move controller are the wrong way around..!! You press the trigger button to go into 'aim' mode and then press the Move button to fire. I think these should have been the opposite way around; when you fire, you should be pulling a trigger... maybe it's just me.

Please do not let this one thing put you off buying this game. Even if like me you had the game and traded it in long ago, get this version of it again to play with the Move; it's a totally different experience. For the price it is available for I cannot recommend this highly enough. This game proves that the Move is not just a party game controller for casual gamers, but can also add a new dimension to existing game formats.

Just click 'Add to basket' now..!!

Dead to Rights: Retribution (PS3)
Dead to Rights: Retribution (PS3)
Offered by PJL Games - QUICK DISPATCH ON GAMES
Price: 16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Stop moaning... it's a great blast..!!, 9 Jun 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have to say, I don't know what people are complaining about this game for; it really is a great fun, no brainer, don't take it too seriously blast 'em up.

People have slated it for cheesy dialogue and corny gameplay. Rubbish..!! It's not meant to be taken to seriously. The main protaganist; Jack Slate, is way too hard for his own good. His melee skills are brilliant and he can pretty much "chin" anyone in the game. I love his counter moves where you grab the other guy's gun and then shoot him in the head. The parts with Shadow too are great. It adds a bit of variety to the game and it's a hoot to boot.

Ok, so the game isn't likely to win Game of the Year, but nor is it trying to. It's just a bit of fun, blowing away bad guys and scrapping your way through. It's like a game equivalent of a Steven Seagal film; it's not going to win an Oscar, but you can't help but love it.

So basically, don't be put off thinking that this is going to be a bad game. It isn't a bad game at all, it's a good game. If you just want to blow away bad guys and feel like an action hero, then go give it a go.

This is the ideal game for the more casual gamer. Those hardcore gamers who like to play RPGs and want serious depth from their games probably won't be satisfied, but if your like me and just want bullets, blood and action, then it's absolutely great..!!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Offered by MDS Entertainment
Price: 5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars ...and I don't even like 1st person shooters..!!, 16 Nov 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am not a fan of first person shooter games; I just cannot get to grips with them. I really wanted to love Killzone 2 and World at War, but just didn't. I bought Modern Warfare 2 mainly because there was SOOOO much hype and expectation surrounding it, I simply had to see what it was like. I knew if I didn't like it, i'd be able to sell it again for only a couple of quid less than I paid for it, so nowt lost really.

However... I wasn't prepared for what hit me... this game is unreal..!! It is so much more accessible and easy to pick up than other FPS games. You feel like you actually CAN aim at people quickly enough and hit them with only a couple of shots, rather than taking ages to line up your target on them (by which time you've taken a dozen bullets..!!) or simply spraying an area with half of your ammo to kill one guy.

Graphically, the game is second to none. The detail, frame-rate, perspective, speed of movement and everything are absolutely spot-on. A gripe I have had over the years with most FPS games is that you move so quickly and unconvincingly; it's like you are on roller skates..!! This is not the case with MW2; the movement feels fluid and believable.

The sound is superb too; no clattery, rattly gun noises. The gun sounds are also accurate and believable. Too many games have tinny gun noises or go over the top with the clunks and clicks of a gun reloading or simply being armed. The sound efects and score are well thought out and used to good effect, without being over done and hammed up.

I really expected to be the one who was indifferent towards this game, as it was always going to have praise lavished on it in heaps. It has totally taken me by surprise. I still don't like FPS games as a rule, but maybe now I'll try them first before deciding that it won't be my cup of tea.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated after buying the full game.., 10 Aug 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this on the day it was released after playing the superb demo from PS Store. I absolutely love this game. It has everything I want from a game.

The controls are easy to master, the combat hasn't been over complicated, but yet the level of what you are capable of doing is still high. You can still do pretty much whatever you want, but it's just very uncomplicated doing it.

I loved the detective mode, the Bat-a-rang throwing, the silent takedowns but I especially liked the inverted takedowns; where Batman drops down from a gargoyle and grabs the enemy, leaving them strung up upside down hanging from the gargoyle... great stuff.

Don't be put off by some of the comments about not having enough of a puzzle element or being too short; this game is plenty challenging and is not too short at all. Nobody I have spoken too has been in anyway disappointed or unimpressed by this game.

My only hope now is for a sequel. I don't want much changed in terms of the gameplay, graphics or controls; but how about a Batmobile driving section (not too much driving though, I don't want it to be Grand Theft Gotham!!), a few more gadgets in the batcave that you have to decide whether or not to equip yourself with them or not, so sections of the game are easier or harder depending on your equipment choices?

I love this game so much, I've not enjoyed a game this much in years!!!

Buy it, buy it now!!!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2009 11:33 PM BST

Guitar Hero: Metallica - Game Only (Wii)
Guitar Hero: Metallica - Game Only (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get those fingers limbered up!!!, 8 Jun 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is easily the best of the Guitar Hero games yet. I admit I am slightly biased towards it; being a big Metallica fan, but it's still the best one anyway.

If you've played and conquered the other GH games, then this one is NOT just more of the same. It is a lot harder than the previous games; with more complicated solos, and with the songs being longer you need a bit of stamina in those fingers!!

For me, it was fantastic to get to play some of my favourite songs on Guitar Hero; not just Metallica songs, but 'Demon Cleaner' by Kyuss and 'Blood and Thunder' by Mastodon. It is also disheartening trying to do justice to classics like 'One' and 'Master of Puppets' when they have such hard bits to master... I've only had it three days though!!

Take my word for it; whether you are a Guitar Hero fan, a Metallica fan or even just a bit of a rock/metal fan, get this game and shred away until your fingers are locked up in pain!! It's the best of the Guitar Hero series so far and not just a limp attempt at a way to make money out of a global franchise like Metallica.

Very impressed... buy it!!