Profile for C. A. Chapman > Reviews

Stirling Moss: The Authorised Biography
Stirling Moss: The Authorised Biography
by Robert Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Enjoyable Read, 10 July 2012
I have been a life-long motor sport fan since the early 1950's and Stirling Moss was always a big part of my formative years. This was a thoroughly enjoyable read and a real insight into the man behind the name.

Mahjongg Master 5 (PC)
Mahjongg Master 5 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars captivating, 2 Jan. 2012
There are six different versions of the game as well as tile changes etc. The option are endless making it a new game every time if you wish. A great way to pass the time!

A 1950s Childhood: From Tin Baths to Bread and Dripping
A 1950s Childhood: From Tin Baths to Bread and Dripping
by Paul Feeney

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed with the book, 10 Jan. 2011
I was born in 1945 and therefore grew up in the 1950's, but I found it difficult to get into this book and in the end gave up. I grew up in a very rural area, and had a happy childhood, and although some of the things that were written about were common to us all, I could not relate to Saturday morning cinema, bomb sites, etc. I grew up where we had an outside tap, and toilet. No hot water or bathrooms.

Furthermore, I did not like the tone of writing in that the boys played this, and the girls did that. We were rather isolated, and therefore just all played together. I agree with your other reviewer in that it was rather just a list of memories, and not put together well, and therefore made it difficult to sit and read and enjoy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2011 3:50 PM BST

Faces of Humph: Caricatures and Memories
Faces of Humph: Caricatures and Memories
by Humphrey Lyttelton

5.0 out of 5 stars Humph in Depth, 10 Jan. 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It gave me afurther insight into Humph, as I had been a follower of him for many years.

Dreamboats & Petticoats 3
Dreamboats & Petticoats 3
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars reliving my youth, 10 Jan. 2010
I found all three CD's very easy listening and was able to join in and sing-a-long, as thye were all tunes and hits that I grew up with. Thoroughly enjoyable for people of "a certain age".