Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Rubbah > Reviews

Content by Rubbah

Rubbah "Rubbah" (Hertfordshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
L'Oreal Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara Black 7ml
L'Oreal Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara Black 7ml

3.0 out of 5 stars L'Oreal Paris False Lash Flutter, 5 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an ok mascara that delivers on 'no clump' formula but not on the 'false lash flutter' part of its advertising. The wand is slightly different on each side and as I'm not wearing my glasses when I put make-up on this meant I struggled a bit to create an even look. My lashes did look a little longer, but n thicker. There are definitely better mascaras n the markt in the same price range from rimmel and max factor.

Maybelline Dream Smooth Primer Base 7 ml
Maybelline Dream Smooth Primer Base 7 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybelline Dream Smooth Primer Base, 3 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Primers are one of those make-up items that until recently you had to buy expensive to get a decent one, but now lots of cheaper make-up brands (garnier, l'oreal paroes, etc) have started bringing out ones that easily rival the lux options (smashbox, etc).

The maybelline dream smooth primer feels nice to the touch and I thought did a good job of blurring out my chin redness, but the make-up that I put on over the top didn't seem to last as long as it has done over other primers that I've tried.

Experimental Cocktail Club: London. Paris. New York. Ibiza
Experimental Cocktail Club: London. Paris. New York. Ibiza
by Experimental Cocktail Club

4.0 out of 5 stars Experimental Cocktail Club Recipe Book, 1 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really nicely designed coffee table cocktail book. The book is a solid hardcover and has silver embellishment adding to its feel of luxury and excess. Inside there are cocktail recipes, notes on the cocktails and information about the experimental cocktail club bars, which I had not heard of before and now hope to visit!

The cocktail ingredients are easily sourceable online, but some are a bit pricy. As with many specialist recipe books, lots of the ingredients can be used for several recipes so you only have to buy harder-to-find things once. As to the do-ability of the recipes, if you have any familiarity with making cocktails the instructions are not too hard to follow.

Perfect for cocktail lovers.

NAILSINC Gel Effect Polish, Regent's Park Place
NAILSINC Gel Effect Polish, Regent's Park Place

5.0 out of 5 stars NAILSINC Gel Effect Polish, 31 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first time I've used a gel effect nail polish but I'm pretty sure it wont be the last! The bottle costs £15 but when compared with the price of going to a nail salon and then factoring in that this bottle will last for several months worth of reapplications, I think it's pretty good value.

The brush is wide and flat allowing easy coverage and the colour is a bright orangey-red. I've had mine on a week and it hasn't chipped or marked yet so I'm pretty happy with it!

Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Lip Balm 45 Just Peachy
Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Lip Balm 45 Just Peachy
Offered by Any Level

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybelline Baby Lips Dr Rescue Lip Balm, 27 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love the chubby shape of the lip balm and the tingly feeling that it gives your lips. iIm less a fan of the peachy colour- it makes my lips too pale and with my skintone I look a bit corpselike! Other than that one niggle though it's a good lipbalm and I found that I only need to reapply a ocuple of times a day to keep my lips feeling moisturised.

Truthwitch (The Witchlands Series)
Truthwitch (The Witchlands Series)
by Susan Dennard

4.0 out of 5 stars Truthwitch (The Witchlands Series), 25 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Truthwitch was pleasant surprise to me as I've recently become disillusioned with YA fantasy, as every publisher needs to market every new series as the next 'hunger games crossed with harry potter crossed with *other current fantasy*'

Truthwitch does suffer from some first book in a series-itis, such as setting up a lot of plot threads and too much exposition, but the characters are strong and I really enjoyed the focus on female friendship. Everyone has lots of interesting and unique powers, though I'd have appreciated more explanation on what threadwitches actually do, but I'm sure that will be expanded on in later books.

3.5 stars with potential for the whole series to be 4/5 stars

NAILSINC Nailkale Polish, Palace Gardens
NAILSINC Nailkale Polish, Palace Gardens

5.0 out of 5 stars NAILSINC Nailkale Polish, 18 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This i the first time that Ive tried Nails Inc-I'm normally more of an Essie girl- and I was very happy with the results. My nails are pretty strong anyway so i'm not sure whether the 'kale formula' actually did anything but the colour is nice and neutral and the brush load is just the right amount to cover a nail.

Magnitone London BareFaced! Vibra Sonic Face Brush Cleansing System
Magnitone London BareFaced! Vibra Sonic Face Brush Cleansing System

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnitone London BareFaced Cleansing Brush, 13 Dec. 2015
4.5 stars

I'd always worried that these cleansing brushes would be too harsh on my skin but this one is lovely and soft. I;ve been using it once a day for 2 weeks now and my pores are less visible and I definitely look a bit more 'glowy' as the magazine peeps put it. It has two settings, one gentle and one more vigorous but Ive mostly stuck to the first setting. I did get quite a lot o spots on ym chin for the first 3-4 days after using but they soon cleared up- this was a side-effect of starting to use this cleansing brush noted in the manual.

I've knocked off half a star for the harger- I really like the magnetic fastening and for travel the fact that it plugs in via usb is definitely helpful, but I just don't use my laptop enough/on a flat surface so it never gets charged enough and when I do plug it in the magnet sometimes becomes unattached and I think I've been charging it when actually I haven't.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Eye Make-Up Remover, 30 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This does the job of removing eyemake-up just fine, and it has the added bonus of not irritating my eyes when wearig contact lenses. If your regular make-up remover isn't doing the job wen it comes to mascara and eyeline, this will probably do the job.

Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active Energising Gel Scrub, 150ml
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active Energising Gel Scrub, 150ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Face Scrub, 23 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice zingy scrub that akes you up in the morning and leaves skin looking glowy.

Until I started using the Pure Active range I'd pretty much stuck to Simple Skincare for about 7 or 8 years, and in just a couple of mnths I've really seen a change in my skin. It sounds fake and advert-y but I genuinely have noticed less blemishes and blackheads, and other people have asked me what foundation I'm wearing when I don't even have make-up on. I can't sy how good it is for those with acne or more severe spot problems but as someone who constantly has2-3 spots on my chin this scrub is a godsend. Definitely recommended for teens and twenty-somethings. .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20