Profile for Rubbah > Reviews

Braun MQ500 Hand Blender, 600 Watt, Grey/ White
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun MQ500 Hand Blender, 2 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This handblnder is well made and easy to use. The controls are intuitive and it is easy to control for a first time user of a hand blender. The cord was a good length for my kitchen and the blender itself doesn't take up much room.

I've never used one of these before so I can't really compare the blending capabilities against other models, but I haven't had a problem with using this and would recommend to a friend.

The Cabana Cookbook
The Cabana Cookbook
by David Ponté
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cabana Cookbook, 17 July 2014
This review is from: The Cabana Cookbook (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Gorgeous cookbook that is very informative and well laid out. The recipes are organised in a helpful way (with index) and they are very easy to follow, with instructions on how to adapt/make variations if necessary.

The book also includes how to prepare for a dinner party, suggesting what to make when in the run up to an event.

I also loved the interesting snippets about Brazil's food, culture and food culture. I had no idea how many fruits were native to Brazil, and how many I'd never heard of.

Overall a great cookbook that is more than just pretty pictures!

Robo Rover Galt Toy
Robo Rover Galt Toy
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Robot Rover Toy, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Robo Rover Galt Toy (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This toy was very simple to put together though the instructions could have been clearer by being in colour, not black and white. Greatly enjoyed by my 2 year old nephew (who obviously didn't have hand in building it) but loved watching it sense items put in front of it. The only real downside is that it's maybe not challenging enough for the age group that it's aimed at.

Knitting Smitten: 20 Fresh and Funky Hand-knit Designs (Simple Makes)
Knitting Smitten: 20 Fresh and Funky Hand-knit Designs (Simple Makes)
by Jessica Biscoe
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Knitting Smitten, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A good book for people of intermediate knitting level. A lot of the projects are very cute and ideal for making unique gifts. At the moment I am working on a beanie hat and I'm finding the instructions quite simple to follow. The pictures and diagrams are clear and there are helpful definitions of key words/terms throughout.

Some might be frustrated that the designs are more whimsical than practical (dog bow tie) but I think that it makes for a knitting book with a difference.

Tefal 13-Piece Ingenio Induction Set
Tefal 13-Piece Ingenio Induction Set
Price: 250.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Tefal Set, 23 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
this is an excellent set and a worthy addition to any kitchen. As a recent graduate, all my past ktchenware has been treated faily badly by various people and has been generally shoddy to start with- so the non-stick capabilities have been a revelation to me!

I was unsure about the removable handles at first but they are sturdy and don't feel in risk of coming off and they allow the pans to nest together ad take up minimal space in the cupboard. My only niggles are that there are only 2 of them (at least 3 would have been more practical for me) and that they're a little fiddly to clean around the clamp area.

So far I've made stir fries, curries and eggy bread all with great success, and I've tested the oven capabilities by baking a cookie in the small frying pan ([...]) which worked better than I could have hoped.

Overall I'm very happy and I'd recommend this set, especially to someone my their first 'grown-up' kitchen staples.

McAfee Total Protection 2014 - 3 User - 1 Year (PC)
McAfee Total Protection 2014 - 3 User - 1 Year (PC)
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars McAfee Total Protection 2014, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Easy to install and then it pretty much does it's own thing in the background. I've noticed my computer speeds are good and as yet it has protected me from nasty internet viruses competently so no complaints here! I've used other McAfee products in the past and I've always found them trustworthy and reliable.

Venus and Olay Sugarberry Razor
Venus and Olay Sugarberry Razor
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Venus and Olay Sugarberry Razor, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Top marks for the razor but I'm not a fan of the colour or sickly smell (is sugarberry even a thing?). I found that it gives nice smooth results for at least 5 shaves and left my legs feeling softer than usual after shaving.

The Time Traveller's Almanac: The Ultimate Treasury of Time Travel Fiction - Brought to You from the Future
by Ann VanderMeer
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Time Traveller's Almanac, 18 Feb 2014
Firstly WOW. This is genuinely one of the best anthologies I have ever read. And the best part is I've now been introduced to dozens of new authors.

In the 60+ stories offered the methods range from phonecalls to magic houses and from spaceships to dancing. the breadth and depth of the ways that time travel is used is incredible.

Some of the stories that have stuck with me are:

Enoch Soames: A memory of the 1890s by Max Beerbohm.
- time travel via a deal with the devil. a writer travels forward to the 1990s to see how he is remembered

This Tragic Glass by Elizabeth Bear
- Literary scholars of the future save long dead poets from early deaths so that they may continue to write in the future ( as an English grad I loved this one)

Lost Continent by Greg Egan
- This story of time travelling war refugees critiques the red tape around very real immigration detention camps

Red Letter Day by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Before graduating high schoolers receive a messagef rom their 50 year old self telling them what to change in the future. This story follows the students who don't get a letter.

Highly recommended

Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Apple and Cinnamon 50 g (Pack of 16)
Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits Apple and Cinnamon 50 g (Pack of 16)
Price: 7.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Weetabix Breakfast Biscuits, 18 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dry and not very tasty. Ok for when you're in a rush and need to eat on the go but I can think of many tastier and healthier alternatives. 3 stars for convenience and not being completely unpalatable.

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 55 Beige
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 55 Beige
Price: 9.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Max Factor Foundation, 18 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the past I found the moussey foundations (such as the maybelline one)have caused me to break out in spots which has lead me to steer away from them, even though I really like the texture. However I am a fan of Max Factor so I thought I'd give it a go. Pleased to report that I've not had any spots (or mo so than usual!) and it gives a good even coverage. I'm not quite converted from by BB creams though but I will definitely keep this in my make up bag for when more coverage is required.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20