Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos
Profile for Mr. B. Best > Reviews

Content by Mr. B. Best

Mr. B. Best "B.Best" (London)

Hard to Say No Ep
Hard to Say No Ep

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Hard to Say No Ep (Audio CD)
great EP shows signs of what was to come from their new album

Battery for Dell XPS 14 L401X 15 L501X 17 L701X L702X L502X 312-1123 J70W7 JWPHF
Offered by TradeMarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Just received it. so far battery seems to last ..., 1 Oct. 2015
Just received it. so far battery seems to last reasonable time no compatibility warnings on start up. [btw I bought mine from seller EMYTH]

PowerSmart [73Wh,11.1V,6600mAh] Replacement Laptop Battery for UK Dell Notebook/Laptop XPS 14 XPS 14 (L401X) XPS 15 XPS 15 (L501X) XPS 15 (L521X) XPS 17 XPS 17 (L701X)
Offered by online.store

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the 6 cell) Works great. On my Dell xps15, 12 Aug. 2015
( note; this is the Larger size 9 cell battery one . Not the 6 cell)
Works great. On my Dell xps15. No strange messages. Straight in, works fine. Getting around 3hrs (my old dell was finally giving me 10mins)
EDIT; just spotted a handy charge indicator light/button on bottom of battery. handy for checking without turning the laptop on.
[btw mine was Sold by: online.store]

Pioneer SE-NC31C Fully Enclosed Dynamic Inner-Ear Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Pioneer SE-NC31C, 1 Feb. 2012
Just arrived today so this is a first impression review,

I must say I was sceptical but needed a new pair of headphones, my old Sony in ears were great but finally packed in after about 6 years of fine use, I replaced them with a newer pair of Sony in ears I had kicking about and they sucked big time worst sound I've ever dealt with. So that and the fact I'm currently doing a lot of noisy tube traveling so thought what the hell... lets go for noise cancelling.

Initial impressions, looking (or should that be sounding) good I've tested them along side my kettle and extractor fan in the bath room with good sound reduction results.

The sound quality is in my opinion great good balance of bass mid and treble. no complaints, if anything really really happy.

I was concerned that the battery pack would be a pain, hanging on the neckline of my top, but it is low enough down to either clip on my belt or tuck into the little belt bag I use to carry my ipod.

I was also concerned about the fit, no problems, don't feel heavy or unusual in any way, (I guess this is a very personal thing)

I'll try the tube tomorrow and give an update.

UPDATE: Great, work a treat, on bus train and tube, its made the tubes feel refined, I found myself listening with no music, just enjoying the quiet levels. its even brought down to tube announcements level to a nice chilled volume.
Practicality... great not too heavy, seems to stay in my ears really well. all round great.
No banging noises being picked up by mics down the wires, like I have read about on some other headphones.

I reckon the tube engine noise is almost completely wiped out like 80% some other engine noises are more like 50% wiped out which is still amazing.

very happy with purchase.

update#2 18th mar 2012
still happy, had a battery change, but suprised how long they've lasted. nothing negative to report.
I'm noticing things in tracks Ive never heard so clear before, especially bass lines.
smiles all round so far.

The Fender Guitar
The Fender Guitar
by Ken Archard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little fender book, 30 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Fender Guitar (Paperback)
Great little book, had a copy of this in the seventies and thought I'd track it down again, it is very simplistic and doesn't get bogged down with tiny details or romance, which I feel is refreshing,but can sometime leave you wanting a bit more, I think its sometimes a little over priced but its a great book and a great companion to the similar little red Gibson book.

British Hussar Regiments, 1805-1914
British Hussar Regiments, 1805-1914
by Albert Henry Bowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Hussar Uniforms, 30 Jan. 2012
Great book, best hussar uniform reference book I've found so far. Its not a huge book in size or thickness but contains some very good images and text details.
If you can find it get it.

Panasonic DMR-BWT800EB 500GB Blu-ray Disc Recorder with Twin Freeview + HD Tuners

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMR BWT800 Blu Ray Recorder, 31 Aug. 2011
Having only used Panasonic recorders in the past I cant really judge this against other manufacturers, but I have to say I find it to be a capable machine. I was looking for a HDD recorder as I was getting sick of DVD-r keep failing, I wanted to upgrade to HD Freeview, and also felt it was about time I dipped My toes into Blu Ray. I was firstly pleased to discover the DVD recorder will still finalize all of the un-finalized discs I have from My previous Panasonic (model DMR-ES20DEBS)and also in around 3 or 4 mins as opposed to 10-15mins on the older machine.

Machine is well built as you'd expect from panasonic, and setting up was a doddle.

Everything seems pretty straight forward, there is a to going on due to the multiple functions, but I seem to have found my way around it quickly.

The 'rewind pause tv' feature is new to me and I love it, I have heard complaints about it only working on the channel your on and only able to rewind as far back as when you first switched onto the said channel, but I feel that those people are expecting too much. Personally I love the pause feature, It changed how I'm watching TV, but be warned its only a 2hr buffer so don't disappear for to long as it will start to wipe over itself.

A thing that could improve the 'rewind tv' thing would be the ability to record what you've rewound, I paused something the other day hoping to be able to rewind it back and record it, but no luck, shame that would be a great feature.

Recording TV is easy and once on the hard drive you can(in chapter view) delete the ads which is working out fine right now. Also the twin recorder is working out great, perfect.

As this is my first Blu-Ray I can't comment as to how good or bad it is, only to say that it looks great and it is my understanding from other reviews that it is a very good player. have not tried the Blu ray recorder yet.

It's Worth noting that the rear USB slot works fine, the panasonic shop claimed it was for the skype camera only, i ran my 1tb hard drive through it fine. ( though like the front slot its not got a great user interface)

The reason I chose this machine over the 320gb version was I feel 320gb will be swallowed up pretty quick and I liked the idea of the Wi-Fi connection.

bad points; I wouldn't buy this machine if the Wi-Fi connection is high on your list, it is very poorly catered for, Imagine if it was designed by our government and your pretty close, it offers very little 'app' type options such as youtube (about 10, things like weather and stuff, many in German??? ) the Youtube on is okay remembering that you have to type using the cursor arrows. Wi-Fi speed is good though. Also it is worth noting that I don't think Panasonic is planning on supporting this feature in the future so it is a major rip off. But if yopu're listening panasonic please add some more 'apps' (BBC iplayer, itv and chanel4 on-demand would be great) it potentially could be a great feature of the machine and a real selling point, but as it stands it is rubbish.

Also as far as I'm aware panasonic has now got a new thing called viera connect on all its tv sets...so why still ship the dvd machines with out of date obsolete features? its a bit of a liberty, especially when paying this much. please please panasonic run an update...please.

A minor gripe, but the guide although improvements on earlier models has 1/4 of the left side of the screen taken up by a grey box for adverts, to be honest that annoys me 1. because its a screen that is suppost to showing tv guide info and is being crammed into a smaller space due to these stupid ads (which for whatever reason do not appear to be working anyhow) and 2. I've paid a lot of money for this machine and do not now expect to have adverts forced upon me, its a bit of a slap in the face from Panasonic. If this feature has been scrapped (hence the grey screens) then I think it would be nice to get a firmware to remove it and expand the guide area.

Not Panasonics fault but I bought this expecting to receive HD Freeview broadcasts, I checked to freeview website which states I should be able to receive HD, but I can't, other people in and around my area of south west london can't get HD either, further investigation reveals that our transmitter is not running at full capacity and wont be until the olympics?? not sure why, so fingers crossed on that one.

so to summarise;
good;
dvd player/recorder = great
bluray player = great
HDD recorder/ player = great
rewind/pause live tv = great
USB slot = bit clunky I'll stick with my western digital box to view movies from.

Bluray recorder = not tried
HD freeview = not tried
SD slot = not tried but im sure its fine

Wi Fi/ viera cast = big rip off...sort it out panasonic its not fit for use.

Wi Fi features (viera cast) = incredibly bad (in current state)

there's only two reasons to buy this over the 320gb version those being for the extra 180gb and for the Wifi (the 320 has wifi, but you have to buy the dongle separate for £80)

Hope this helps answer a few questions.

UPDATE;
1.I now have HD channels.
2.I had a machine go down on me, hard drive gave up, only 2 months old, was replaced no problems (hughes electrics) and super quick but lost a few programs, I've chatted to a number of friends with various brands of PVR and hard drive recorders (inc Sky) and every single one has had a machine go down on them at least once, so I feel this is not an isolated panasonic thing. the new machine is working with no apparent glitches.
3. still no sign of 4OD or Iplayer apps. :(
overall still very happy with this and would buy again

UPDATE 2 18 mar 2012

They finally added BBC iplayer the other week so thats one more good thing (though its a bit clunky, [and I do have pretty fast wi fi])
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2012 1:20 PM GMT

Beat Beat Beat - The Small Faces [DVD] [2010]
Beat Beat Beat - The Small Faces [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Small Faces

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat Beat Beat - The Small Faces [DVD] [1966], 13 Sept. 2009
Great dvd although quite short as it only contains the numbers they played on the show, but that said its of great quality and even now a new dvd (all or nothing) is available I'd still recommend it because of its high quality footage. Could do with an update maybe the addition of some extras.

Quite Naturally: The Small Faces - A Day by Day Guide to the Career of a Pop Group
by Keith "Bounty Bar" Badman

5.0 out of 5 stars small faces Quite Naturally, 13 Sept. 2009
Great book, an absolute must for any small faces fan, really detailed and great pictures, not full of rubbish theories and ideas, just the bare facts.
softback A4 in format and about 1cm thick.
10 out of 10

Small Faces - All Or Nothing 1965 -1968 [DVD]
Small Faces - All Or Nothing 1965 -1968 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Small Faces - All Or Nothing 1965 -1968 [DVD], 13 Sept. 2009
Great DVD,

We finally get all the promos (minus a couple) all in one place and all in great quality, and the voice overs and interviews are all by the band members which is great and not some one offering their own opinions. Nothing really new is revealed but its nice to get things put down on record by the boys themselves.

If your a big fan you may already have this stuff but it probaly isnt as good a quality and as well presented.

The promos are all availible in the extras area with no interuption of voice overs, and there is also many extra promos including all the 'beat beat beat' performance.
I feel the actual 'beat beat beat' dvd ( you'll find it here on amazon somewhere) is still of some value though, due to it very high quality.

the Extras section Includes some nice photographs to view, taken in 67 in olympic studios, I've never seen these before, and i reckon I must have seen most of the pics involving the small faces.

My only little gripe would be they did not include all the french show (ogdens, rollin over and song of the baker) unless I'm mistaken. but this is a small gripe.

Alternatives:
Pay £25-£30 on ebay for similar bootlegs which are pretty poor quality really or watch them in pretty poor quality on youtube.

summary
all you need in one place good value and good quality.
highley recommended