Profile for Eliza Dolittle > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Premier 69-inch Linen Look Round Tablecloth, Black
Premier 69-inch Linen Look Round Tablecloth, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good quality for the cost, 6 Jun 2014
This suits my needs perfectly. Washes and irons well (though washed with dark colors so not sure about color fastness

Tetra Pond Sticks 7 Litre
Tetra Pond Sticks 7 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this no mess, no reidue, healthy fish food, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Tetra Pond Sticks 7 Litre (Misc.)
... and so do my fish
Good packaging and prompt delivery.
Very good value for money. I have tried other brands of floating sticks but tetra really are the best

Octone IEM Pro In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Deep Bass Edition Professional Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as I had hoped, 6 Jun 2014
I sing for a living and bought these as a second pair of in ear phones for use with my wireless monitor.
I chose these for three reasons
1). My inner ear section is small and I like a nice but small snug fit ..
2) cost
3). compared with other brands, because they stated deep base edition ..
The fit is ideal and I particulariy like the triple flange (conical) fit, though I need to buy small size online as these only came with medium size
The cost is perfect for what they are
Deep Bass my wotsit !
They give a bright sound not a deep or soft sound.
Ideal for a rock/pop band where you need to hear distinctly and clearly, but not good for a more subtle or atmospheric sound.
I've kept them as a spare for my rock/pop gigs, but for my jazz and swing the sound is far too harsh and I use something else.
If you want to hear base notes and not treble, you want it soft and not bright, chose something else.

H&L Russel Marine Dress Covers, Set of 3
H&L Russel Marine Dress Covers, Set of 3
Offered by FINE STAR

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tim !, 6 Jun 2014
Lightweight, breathable, good for storage.
I wouldn't use them to transport clothing (I sing for a living and use these to store my clothes but use a heavier duty .. and prettiier cover .. for transporting to my bookings)
Very good value for money
Prompt delivery and good packaging

Denman TCR2 Medium Thermoceramic Self Grip Rollers 6 Pack
Denman TCR2 Medium Thermoceramic Self Grip Rollers 6 Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars not very self gripping, 6 Jun 2014
I originally bought 2 packs of 'Boots own make medium size thermo rollers' for my hair then realized I needed a few more, Boots had run out in store and didn't stock them on line so I bought these Denman rollers instead. The service was prompt and the packaging good but sadly, compared with the Boots own brand, the rollers themselves didn't grip as well. I found I needed clips to secure one or two of them and the rollers would often pop out during drying (whether with hair dryer or naturally). If I hadn't had the Boots brand to compare, I would probably have been satisfied with Denman, but having experienced the other, I'm afraid I have to rate them as adequate but not as good as Boots own. My hair is fine but I have a lot of it and it's in medium length, slightly layered bob.
I style it for the 50's retro Marylin Monroe look (for my job), so have to use the rollers every other day when I wash it and between days, I use heated rollers to lift the set. If you need these on a semi daily basis, like me, you may get a bit frustrated with them.

50s Vintage Look Single Strand of Pearls Necklace with Clasp
50s Vintage Look Single Strand of Pearls Necklace with Clasp
Offered by DangerousfX

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed, 14 May 2014
I bought these to complete a 'look'
They are a lovely color and although not weighty, hang fairly well round the neck ..
The very disappointing aspect is the clasp. It looks and feels cheap and like it will break at any moment.
I have kept the strand of pearls for the outfit, but they wouldn't be a 'wear often' piece of jewelry as I don't think the clasp would last

Mackie Pro FX8
Mackie Pro FX8
Offered by Normans Musical Instruments

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound matters, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Mackie Pro FX8
I bought this to replace my failing Behringer ProFX..
The Mackie is a nice solid, easy to use and smartly presented piece of kit ..
I was spoilt with the range of FX (effects) and the quality of the tone with the Behringer, so as the Mackie has only a 1/4 of that range and the tone isn't as rounded I was a bit disappointed
I sing Jazz and swing so want a mellow sound, which the Behringer gives but the Mackie being perfect for a brighter sound has grown on me

Xcessor Triple Flange Conical Replacement Silicone Earbuds 4 Pairs (Set of 8 Pieces). Compatible With Most In Ear Headphone Brands. Size: SMALL. Black
Offered by Accessory Department

4.0 out of 5 stars Size matters, 14 May 2014
Like most people I do not have uniformed shaped or sized inner ears !
My right ear is always a problem and not even standard ipod earphones stay put ..
I sing for a living and in ear monitors were a problem for the same reason and I didn't have the funds to go down the personally molded route.
I bought the small size in the hope that the triple flange shape would fit more securely and it does.
The only down side is that they only fit earphones that have a long inner earbud .. the sillicone sleeve is too long to fit securely on the shorter earphone bud, so check yours before youbuy

L'Oreal Studio Hot Curl Thermo Curling Spray 150ml
L'Oreal Studio Hot Curl Thermo Curling Spray 150ml

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Crisp, 14 May 2014
I'm virtually out of perm, so this really helps .. Can be drying so don't use every day .. nice to use as styler and then as a hairspray

Behringer MA400 Monitor Headphone Amplifier
Behringer MA400 Monitor Headphone Amplifier

5.0 out of 5 stars SO pleased I bought this little magic box, 14 May 2014
I sing in a covers rock/pop band as well as sing jazz, swing and show tunes as a soloist event singer, using pro backing tracks.
The problem I was experiencing was that in the band, the drummer was so loud, I couldn't hear myself even with a 300watt wedge monitor under my nose, and with the solo stuff, I need to sing as background and couldn't always be near my PA system to hear well and the monitor was too heavy to lug around. I opted for in ear monitors, but my mixing desk has pre-amps for mic only, so my in ears needed a boost.
This bit of kit is excellent, gives you complete control because of the separate volume knobs for mix and mic only, so if you want 'more me', you can have it. The only down side is that there are a lot of cables in and out, which if you are a presentation neat freak like me, can be messy and difficult to contain and hide, but the box itself is lightweight, small and compact.
I would recommend this product if you are looking for a little more control and flexibility over your personal reception of sound, especially if this settles your confidence when performing.
The item arrived promptly, was well packaged and the manual is easy peasey to understand (I'm a non technical girlie - even I coped !)

Page: 1 | 2