Profile for Treacl1 > Reviews

Content by Treacl1

Treacl1

The Dark Portal (The Deptford Mice Trilogy Book 1)
The Dark Portal (The Deptford Mice Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable adventure, 21 Jun. 2016
I first read this book years ago so it was nice to revisit the first book in the Deptford Mice trilogy for a second time courtesy of Netgalley and to find I still enjoyed it. It's a good adventure story but in places sometimes a bit dark and scary, but full of lots of great, likeable characters.

Death at the Boston Tea Party: An 18th Century Mystery (A John Rawlings Mystery)
by Deryn Lake

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great installment from the Queen of Georgian mystery, 11 May 2016
I love this series and own copies of all of them, however I found this one a bit of a struggle to get in to at first so didn't devour it as quickly as I usually do. As the story progressed with the party finally arriving in Boston and trying to make a new life for themselves across the water I really started enjoying it. The big bonus for me however was the re-appearance of a much loved character from John's past and I look forward to finding out whether it will be a happy ever after ending for the pair.
I obtained a copy of this courtesy of NetGalley in return for an honest review.

We Are The Hanged Man (DCI Jericho Book 1)
We Are The Hanged Man (DCI Jericho Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars ... book by Douglas Lindsay I read and I really enjoyed it. The plot with all its twists and ..., 5 May 2016
This was the first book by Douglas Lindsay I read and I really enjoyed it. The plot with all its twists and turns kept me hooked so much that I couldn't put it down! I will definitely be trying another book from a different series but eagerly await the next instalment of DCI Jericho.

The Moonlit Door: A Contemporary British Village Mystery (A Nick Lawrence Mystery)

4.0 out of 5 stars 'A cosy armchair read', 13 Jan. 2015
I eagerly awaited the latest adventure of the Rev.Nick Lawrence and wasn't disappointed. Despite my usual hesitance to read fiction on the subject matter I thoroughly enjoyed the book and finished it in a couple of days. Looking forward to the next installment.

Death on the Rocks (A John Rawlings Mystery)
Death on the Rocks (A John Rawlings Mystery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable read!, 8 Jan. 2014
Another fantastic story from Deryn Lake who never disappoints.
This latest adventure sees Mr John Rawlings, Apothecary of Shug Lane, Piccadilly and Sir Gabriel Kent travel to the Avon Gorge visiting Bristol, taking in the hot springs of Hotwell and Clifton to solve a rather unusual case. As always the various characters he meets along the way lead him a 'merry dance'. Wonderfully detailed giving a perfect insight into the highs and lows of 18th century life, I couldn't put it down and felt as though I was actually there. More, more, more please Deryn. :0)

Paladins of Shannara: The Weapon Master's Choice (short story)
Paladins of Shannara: The Weapon Master's Choice (short story)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 7 Oct. 2013
I love the Shannara series so for me this was great, helped me find out a bit more about one of the main charactors in the series.

Knights: The Hand of Tharnin (The Knights Series Book 2)
Knights: The Hand of Tharnin (The Knights Series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Word of warning..., 7 May 2013
I really enjoyed the first one in this Knight series and found I couldn't put it down so I eagerly downloaded the next edition to continue reading about the adventures of Lannon and friends. Well I was so disappointed with this second installment and found it quite boring and repetitive in places. I felt quite let down by it and don't think I will be in such a hurry to read the third. :o(

The Alehouse Murders: A Templar Knight Mystery
The Alehouse Murders: A Templar Knight Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 13 Jan. 2013
I recently read the Kindle edition and really enjoyed it. Already downloaded book 2 in the series.
Easy going historical 'who done it' . Memorable characters and good storyline.
If you are interested in the Knights Templar era then try this first book in a series.

Witch Hunt
Witch Hunt
by Syd Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric Read, 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Witch Hunt (Paperback)
This book had me gripped from start to finish as I love a good ghost story. I found that once I had started it I couldn't put it down. A great storyline and believable characters and very atmospheric, just don't read it alone and in the dark. I really enjoyed how the story from the past intertwined with the present.
Great! Really looking forward to the next title, more, more, more!

River of Destiny
River of Destiny
by Barbara Erskine

5.0 out of 5 stars River Of Destiny-Barbara Erskine, 1 Aug. 2012
This review is from: River of Destiny (Hardcover)
What a fantastic read, I couldn't put it down!
I have been a big fan of Barbara Erskines books for many years and always look forward to the next one coming out. However the last couple of books I have to say I found a bit boring and struggled to finish but this new one-absolutely fantastic, in my opinion Barbara Erskine back to her very best. Well done, and more, more, more.