Profile for Carol Clark > Reviews

Content by Carol Clark

Carol Clark (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Narrow Minds - Adventures on a narrow boat (Narrow Boat Books Book 2)
Narrow Minds - Adventures on a narrow boat (Narrow Boat Books Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great follow up book to Narrow Margins, 25 July 2014
Great follow up book to Narrow Margins. An honest tale though I do not really understand why the author decides to do the things they do sometimes! A little more insight and background would be better. Being a canal nut myself I empathise totally with some of the things that happen and recognise there is no exaggeration!

Narrow Escape - A Year of Highs and Lows on Narrowboat Minerva (Narrow Boat Books Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but not as good as the previous two books, 25 July 2014
Entertaining but not as good as the previous two books. Still had some things that were laugh out loud so that is why I gave it this rating

Top 100 Tips for Windows 8
Top 100 Tips for Windows 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness!, 11 Mar. 2014
Just bought a new laptop. No choice but Windows 8.1 on it. Completely NOT intuitive. So having clicked on various things randomly with no success I was close to giving up. Found this Kindle book on Amazon and so glad I got it. Can now set up and find my way around my new laptop. Easy to read and follow and I even understood most of it! Still occasionally uses jargon which is annoying as it assumes a level of knowledge I do not have, but well worth the low price. Buy it if you too are bemused with Windows 8.1!

Zoo Station (John Russell series Book 1)
Zoo Station (John Russell series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars One of a series, 22 Feb. 2014
Good ambience describes well the situation in Germany just prior to WW2 but not the thriller /adventure story I was expecting. Story drags frequently and seems to miss steps in the characters journey somehow. Does not inspire me to read the rest of the series

Letter To Sister Benedicta
Letter To Sister Benedicta

4.0 out of 5 stars What it says, 22 Feb. 2014
Title describes the book well. Ruby is an insipid, downtrodden character for many reasons and uses the format of writings letters she will never send to explore things that happen to her and her own feelings about them. I enjoyed it in a quiet, unassuming sort of way but the majority view in our reading group was of irritation with the main character!

Aggressive Behaviour in Dogs: A Comprehensive Technical Manual for Professionals
by James O'Heare

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog aggression, 2 Nov. 2012
Just what it says! As a dog behaviourist I try to keep up with everything in my field. This book is a good summary of current thinking, research, diagnosis and managements and it will be useful for me, but it is NOT a book for ordinary dog owners to try things for themesleves if they have dog aggression problems.

NWTC Garden Lines with Natural Jute
NWTC Garden Lines with Natural Jute
Offered by MMP Living

3.0 out of 5 stars Jute Garden line, 18 Sept. 2011
Nice product of an old fashioned garden line, but I wish the description told you how long it was! We needed a specific length, though of course we can always add more line to it when we need.

Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-3 [DVD]
Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost Series 1-3, 23 Aug. 2009
My daughter introduced me to this series and I have to admit I was gripped from the start. It has actually caused me to stay up very late, just to watch one more episode.....!! The idea of the programme sounded rather Robinson Crusoe to me, but it is far more than that. The various stories are intricately interwoven and each series leads to new revelations about the characters. I can't wait for series 5 to be out on DVD and for series 6 to be transmitted on Sky next year when we will learn the truth about everything!

Country Pursuits: Churchminister series 1
Country Pursuits: Churchminister series 1
by Jo Carnegie

5.0 out of 5 stars A new Jo Carnegie fan!, 29 May 2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this romp! I love Jilly Cooper and although Jo will not take her title (yet), this is a worthy addition to the genre and will entertain those who like such sagas (NOT my husband!!). I will certainly buy Jo's next book.

Jazz and All That
Jazz and All That
Offered by Music-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Jazz etc!, 16 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Jazz and All That (Audio CD)
I wanted a good compilation of the music from the various well known jazz musicals and this provided it. It is basically what it says on the packet!

Page: 1 | 2