Profile for daniel austwicke > Reviews

daniel austwicke

Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokémon Y (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, 10 May 2014
I bought this after watching a review online and can honestly say, this is the best game in the Pokemon series so far (visually). I love the new animations and most of the new pokemon are great (barring a few stupid ones, as with every generation) I love how they brought back most of the older gen pokemon also.
The only downside I can think of is that the story was rubbish. I generally hate the Pokemon storyline's anyway (destroy the world, good vs evil crap etc). I think its about time they had a fresh idea and really made a proper story out of it instead of half-assed attempts.
The game is fun and addictive however, and the online is great! With excellent features and stunning visuals.
Highly recommended game :)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia in 3D, 10 May 2014
You HAVE to own this game, It is nothing short of a revelation in gaming history!
I previously played Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube, which was great for its time, but this remake is just outstanding, I love the new bright colours and 3D visuals. The high saturation doesn't take away the dark element to the story of the game however, which is still great! I also love that they didn't change things too much apart from the water temple, which is a welcome help. An added bonus is you can fight all of the bosses again as many times as you want after beating them, which I loved!
I highly recommend this for both old and new players of the series, the nostalgia is still there, but the experience is better all-round.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate  (Nintendo 3DS)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best games i've ever palyed, 10 May 2014
I previously played monster hunter freedom 1, 2 and unite on the PSP, when I got this, it immediately blew me away!
What a game, I absolutely love it :) Its very challenging, but I believe it to be a little bit easier than the previous Monster Hunter games, not that its a bad thing though!
Hopefully the next game will live up to this one :)

Gillette Fusion ProGlide 3-in-1 Styler
Gillette Fusion ProGlide 3-in-1 Styler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little razor, 10 May 2014
This was bought at a really good price, it arrived quickly and does the job well.
Compact, versatile and very useful accessory!

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
Offered by Audio_Shack

1.0 out of 5 stars False advertisement - NOT new, but second-hand! outrageous trying to sell as NEW!, 10 May 2014
I bought this NEW directly from Amazon, when it arrived, it was sealed (or so I believed). When I opened it, it was clearly second hand! There were scratches on the lens contacts and had clear signs of use!
Amazon is getting a bad habit of this practice! I also purchased an 85mm 1.8 which was exactly the same (see my review on that one too) Both lenses had dust inside also...
Just a word of warning for anyone thinking of buying direct from Amazon, they seem to be doing this with a lot of things, surely it can't be legal? It is clearly false advertisement and cheating the buyer!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2014 11:46 PM BST

Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens

1.0 out of 5 stars False advertisement - NOT new, but second hand!, 10 May 2014
Amazon is getting a bad habit of this practice! My 40mm I bought NEW from Amazon directly was exactly the same! Both lenses had dust inside also...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2014 11:07 AM BST

Ex-Pro Soft Neoprene Protective Lens Pouch Case Bag with Kit Hook for Camera (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great products at a great price, 10 May 2014
Good quality, decent lens bags. They do their job well, my only slight complaint would be they are rather wide (even for a Canon EF or EF-S lens), however they are well padded, and good for the money, I can't fault that.

Lexar Professional 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 400x 60MB/s High Speed SDHC Memory Card
Lexar Professional 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 400x 60MB/s High Speed SDHC Memory Card
Offered by MyMemory

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon are flase advertisors. Plain and simple, 10 May 2014
I bought this NEW directly from Amazon, when it arrived, it was sealed (or so I believed). When I opened it, it was clearly second hand! There were scratches on the front on the card, and the contacts had clear signs of use!
I am still using the card, however as there is nothing wrong with it, but Amazon is getting a bad habit of this practice!
I recently sent 2 Canon lenses back for a full refund (40mm f/2.8 & 85mm f/1.8) as I purchased NEW direct from Amazon and they arrived with scratches on the lens contacts, dust inside the lens and weren't sealed...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 10:12 PM BST