Profile for Franonthemoon > Reviews

Franonthemoon (Liverpool)

Geemarc Mayfair Retro Style Two Piece Corded Telephone - Black- UK Version
Geemarc Mayfair Retro Style Two Piece Corded Telephone - Black- UK Version
Price: 20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great retro look, but didn't last long before problems..., 8 Feb 2013
This phone has a great retro look, no problem with the appearance, BUT it is of pretty cheap construct, and it wasn't long before problems emerged. I used this phone rarely over a 12 month period, but a crackling developed on the line. The base of the handset came out and exposed the wires. Its a hard fiddley fix however, so 18 months on and I'm thinking of replacing. I paid about 24, and I'm happy with that for the quality - anymore and I'd be annoyed it didn't last longer...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2013 12:50 PM GMT

Wee Wonderfuls: 24 Dolls to Sew and Love
Wee Wonderfuls: 24 Dolls to Sew and Love
by Hillary Lang
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first sight, 17 Sep 2011
LOVE this book - beautiful from cover to cover, well laid out, great ideas and easy to follow. Can't fault, and can't wait to get started for Christmas presents...

The Tenderness of Wolves
The Tenderness of Wolves
by Stef Penney
Price: 6.16

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it., 15 Sep 2010
One of the worst books I have ever read, the only positive aspect being that at least it was consistent - starting off bad and ending bad. Very poorly written, in two words - too wordy. Annoyed.

Sony NWZB143B 4GB USB Walkman - Black
Sony NWZB143B 4GB USB Walkman - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 8 Jan 2010
Skeptical about such a cheap little MP3 player - I've always invested in the past, but this is 4GB USB cracker couldn't be more perfect!

Lightweight
USB rechargable and easy to upload songs
Sound quality is exceptional
4GB plenty - my last Sony walkman was an 8GB
Good battery life
Comes with quality headphones
Easy click bass feature
ZAPPIN - wasn't keen on this feature at first - the "Zappin!" and "Zappinout!" voice is entirely irritating, but its a great idea to just scan your music for the song you're after and then turn the feature off.

Downloaded sonicstage - but works with WMA only, ATRACS are no go, so far.

Highly recommended.

Little Moon
Little Moon
Offered by Giant Entertainment
Price: 8.55

5.0 out of 5 stars We've all got buried treasure., 11 Nov 2009
This review is from: Little Moon (Audio CD)
Grant Lee Phillips is the most luminescent singer/songwriter, but a couple of recent releases (following Ladies Love Oracle and bold Mobilize) have missed the mustard. Little Moon, is perfect and liquid joy. I absolutely love Buried Treasure, and the song to his young daughter - Violet. Mellow and moving, utilising his incredible vocals to their most resonant splendour. 5 stars :)

The Handmaid's Tale [DVD]
The Handmaid's Tale [DVD]
Dvd ~ Natasha Richardson
Offered by ZavviOutlet
Price: 6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Adaptation, 6 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Handmaid's Tale [DVD] (DVD)
I had doubts about this film having seen a snippet late at night a few years ago, but it was enough to intrigue me to read the book - the basis for my post-apocalyptic fiction frenzy soon afterwards.

Its a fantastic adaptation, because even if you've read the book its still gripping and shocking. I like the subtle disquiet of the main character, the moments of humour and utter horror. All credit is due to the cast, Natasha Richardson in particular brings huge depth to the character of Kate.

Barney - Moving And Grooving [DVD]
Barney - Moving And Grooving [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barney
Price: 2.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear..., 16 Jan 2009
As soon as this starting playing I knew I'd made a big mistake. Horrible doesn't cover it - try big purple and sinister. My baby daughter looked at me like "what have I done wrong?" Awful.

Classic FM - Music For Babies
Classic FM - Music For Babies
Offered by musica
Price: 9.72

2.0 out of 5 stars Should come with health warning..., 5 Aug 2008
A few of the tracks on this CD are perfect, beautiful, soft, mesmerising and something Mummy could enjoy too... but I found the majority of tracks incredibly depressing - and thats not what you need after having a baby!!! I wish I'd paid more attention to the track listing and bought something else...