Profile for Dr. Paul Ell > Reviews

Content by Dr. Paul Ell
Top Reviewer Ranking: 98

Dr. Paul Ell (NI, UK)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
NIP+FAB No Needle Fix 50 ml
NIP+FAB No Needle Fix 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Early observations, 17 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Early days to review this product from Vine so I'll report back depending on how well it works. Some initial observations. This serum is not a moisturiser. It is designed to be used on a cleansed face and then followed by moisturiser so a little bit of hassle. It's advised to use twice daily, in the morning and at night. The serum is easily absorbed by the skin - perhaps explaining the need tor moisturiser as well. Finally, for the moment, whilst not over scented I don't particularly like the smell. A holding four stars for now

Rosewood Canberra Cat Tunnel
Rosewood Canberra Cat Tunnel

2.0 out of 5 stars Small, badly packed, and poor, 16 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
All a bit of a disaster. An advantage of this cat tunnel is that it doesn't take up too much space. Unfortunately that's also the major disadvantage in that it's too small for most cats to fir through. It's also not really a tunnel as it's not long enough. My cat showed no interest in it whatsoever. The bristles along the front look positively dangerous and the way the product is packed to save space means that it will take some time to for the base particularly to lay flat.

Overall hard to recommend unless you have a much more enthusiastic cat than me. Perhaps more suitable for a kitten so two stars in case that is the case!

HIMLA Hannelin Bedspread, Single 160x260cm, Natural
HIMLA Hannelin Bedspread, Single 160x260cm, Natural

3.0 out of 5 stars Indifferent, 16 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm afraid I'm not terribly impressed with this throw/bedspread. The linen material is reasonably pleasant but it's very thin, and hence less warming, than most traditional throws or bedspreads. Nor would this be my colour choice although I suppose the two variants of lightish brown are not particularly offensive, not are they attractive. Further, my bedspread seems to have less of a noticeable difference in colour between the brown and cream colours than the photographs suggest.

I''m using it as a sofa throw and a number of people have seen it and expressed varying degrees of indifference - although the concept of washing it without the need to iron it afterwards is an attraction. What has, quite literally, amazed people is the list price of the product even at a discounted price.

Perhaps I am missing something as many reviewers seem most impressed. Indeed it seems that HIMLA are a luxury Swedish brand so never having heard of the company before perhaps I'm underestimating its prestige. For me though I'm being generous in giving it three stars!

Alessi Fatman Folding Cake Stand, Stainless Steel
Alessi Fatman Folding Cake Stand, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 6 Sept. 2015
Sophisticated and wonderful cake stand and work of art. Excellent Alessi style.

Anglepoise Duo1227 Desk Lamp, Red Cable Braid, Bright Chrome
Anglepoise Duo1227 Desk Lamp, Red Cable Braid, Bright Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Sept. 2015
The true high of Anglepoise design - a wonderful chrome lamp with a signature red power cable. The revised feature of the power cable on the power lead rather on the top of the lamp improves the look and functionality of the lamp. I now have eight varieties of Anglrpoise lamps. They suit any environment. I just wish they were all Duo 1227 models!

Outstanding. Buy and you won't regret. They last a lifetime

iPhone 6 Plus Case (5.5 inch) TPU Gel Skin / Case / Cover - Clear
iPhone 6 Plus Case (5.5 inch) TPU Gel Skin / Case / Cover - Clear
Offered by XHXZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Sept. 2015
Brilliant thin and inexpensive skin to protect your phone from scratches but with no additional bulk. Brilliant.

Officina Alessi E-Li-Li Flower Vase, Ceramic Black
Officina Alessi E-Li-Li Flower Vase, Ceramic Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my first choice, 6 Sept. 2015
A really ugly vase only bought because it was reduced by about 75% and I am an Alessi fan. The black coated metal really doesn't work, but I'm a fan of chrome so you might like the black. The design is interesting but not striking.

Alessi Stainless Steel Pinch Vase
Alessi Stainless Steel Pinch Vase

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best from Alessi, 6 Sept. 2015
I don't like Alessi black products. Only purchased as it was massively reduced in price and I'm a big fan of the brand. It looks overpriced and poor though.

Alessi ZH01 Flower Vase Crevasse
Alessi ZH01 Flower Vase Crevasse

5.0 out of 5 stars Alessi at tis best!, 6 Sept. 2015
Minimalist and wonderful. A tall glass vase in chrome. It attracts fingerprints like many Alessi metal products but is a masterpiece. I haven't tried putting any flowers in it yet but it is iconic on its own. No flowers needed.

The vase, I believe, features in a number of art museums. I can see why. Buy one, it's beautiful!

Burt's Bees The Natural Edit, 5-Piece Gift Set
Burt's Bees The Natural Edit, 5-Piece Gift Set

3.0 out of 5 stars For lip and foot issues!, 6 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A rather eclectic range of Burt's Bees products. I've been aware of the brand for a while but haven't tried any of them. I guess in the cosmetic cost/brand range they are middle of the road. They are not the cheap mass brand nor the 'exclusive' more luxury brand. I'm afraid this gift pack is just not for me - but have scored it as three stars as it amy suit others!. There's a over focus on lips, hands and feet! So two lip balms and something you can do with your feet, plus a body lotion. If you're giving this as a gift make sure the recipient has lip, hand and foot problems!

Overall it's a strange collection of products and at the top price range in the Bees gift range. I think there are better gift packs and wouldn't go for this option. If personally you have lip and foot issues it's a cheaper option than buying the products individually so it might might sense to buy this pack. Otherwise don't bother.

As I've noted, three stars, but only just!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20