ARRAY(0xa3d349b4)

Profile for Book Addict > Reviews

Content by Book Addict

Book Addict (West Midlands, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Gino's Pasta: Everything You Need to Cook the Italian Way
Gino's Pasta: Everything You Need to Cook the Italian Way
by Gino D'Acampo

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book for pasta lovers!, 8 Feb 2012
I recently bought this book on the weight of other reviews here on Amazon and I have not been disappointed! This is fast becoming one of my favourite cookbooks (and I have a LOT of cookbooks). I use it at least once a week and everything I have tried so far has been successful and extremely tasty. If you love cooking pasta dishes, I cannot recommend this book enough.

Dolphin Tale [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Dolphin Tale [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Dvd ~ Harry Connick Jr.
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars A heart-warming family film, 8 Feb 2012
Dolphin Tale is a film, based on a true story, about a rather lovely dolphin named Winter and the people who help save her life. Poor Winter gets stuck in a crab trap and severely damages her tail and needs the assistance of a fabulous prothetics doctor and determined bunch of people to help her make a full recovery. The most remarkable actor in the film for me, is Winter the dolphin - she actually plays herself which certainly adds some emotion to the story. There has been some fictionalized elements brought into the film but it has a good storyline.

My children (aged 4 and 6) loved it. It was the perfect movie to watch on a Sunday afternoon. It was really enjoyable with all the elements that make up a great family film - it warms your heart, makes you laugh and makes you cry. If you like a film that covers a range of emotions, you'll like this!

Alice's Cookbook (New Voices in Food)
Alice's Cookbook (New Voices in Food)
by Alice Hart
Price: 10.34

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 9 Nov 2010
I was initially attracted by the cover of this book, having never heard of Alice Hart before. On receiving it I found it a good book, nice intros to each recipe but quite scarce on pictures - I like to see what the end product is meant to look like! Many of the recipes are inventive and original however it's not really an everyday cookbook and not one I would choose for a novice cook. Many of the ingredients are not typical store cupboard ingredients and I could see some of these recipes getting a bit costly. On the whole it's a nice one to read and flick through, very aspirational evoking images of woodland picnics and cooking up a storm in your campervan but I'm not sure how well that actually translates to real life.

Dear Zoo: Lift the Flaps
Dear Zoo: Lift the Flaps
by Rod Campbell
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Top book!, 15 Oct 2009
My 2 year old boy loves this book as did my daughter before him. So well loved is it that I think we could do with buying a new copy as we may have lost a few of the flaps. Lift the flap books are always popular with young child and this one is no exception.

The Kids from Fame
The Kids from Fame
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the 80's!, 15 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Kids from Fame (Audio CD)
I was amazed and extremely pleased to stumble across this CD on Amazon. I already own it on cassette and LP along with many many other Kids from Fame albums but no longer have either a record player or tape deck so couldn't resist buying this to listen to all the classic songs again. The album doesn't disappoint, all the memorable songs from the first season of Fame are on there. The music takes me right back to my childhood when I would play these songs over and over again and amazingly I still remember all the words! A must buy for all fans of the Fame TV series.

Page: 1 | 2