Profile for Mr. A. Barr > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Barr

Mr. A. Barr (North Lincolnshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Toshiba SB1-SBK1 3D Soundbar with Built-In Subwoofer
Toshiba SB1-SBK1 3D Soundbar with Built-In Subwoofer
Offered by Crampton And Moore
Price: 89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect item for my requirements, 12 Feb 2014
This sound bar is perfect for my needs. Has all common audio inputs, much more than any other I've seen.

AirStash
AirStash
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution for mobile devices, 27 April 2013
This review is from: AirStash (App)
I love his item.
First let me say that it got off to a bad start. Package arrived, but had been tampered with, and the AirStash was gone! Product box was there, but the product was missing and external packaging had been put back together. However, Amazon were great. Investigation was initiated, and after a week or so, a replacement was sent. Well done Amazon !
Now, back to the product.
I travel a fair bit, often to Germany, where there is almost no English TV or movies. My iPad 4 32 Gb allows me to have a couple of movies, but not enough for an extended trip.
The AirStash comes with a 32GB SDHC memory card but will also accept SDXC cards up to 2TB, so huge capacity options. Haven't seen too many 2TB cards around but plenty of 128GB cards online.
This device just works straight out of the box. Simply set up the AirStash WiFi on your device, just as you would for any other WiFi connection, download the AirStash app and you have instant access to all your files.
I mainly use this for streaming videos for my trips abroad and also in the UK, and it works flawlessly. No buffering, and great quality videos.
So far I have hooked up to an iPad 1, iPad 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Kindle Fire, and a Nokia Lumia 920. The Nokia Lumia doesn't have an app, however the AirStash can still be accessed very easily via the web browser ([...]). Saved the page to my favourites and provided you are one connected to theAirStash WiFi Network, you are straight in.
By default the AirStash is set up with open WiFi access, but security can be set up very easily. Recommend that you set up WEP security. (WEP is the only option currently, but WPA is planned for future firmware update).
Highly recommended for WiFi enabled mobile devices with limited capacity (most on the market).
Well done Maxell and well done Amazon, for great service.

Columbo - The Complete Series (2011 Repackage) [DVD]
Columbo - The Complete Series (2011 Repackage) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Falk
Price: 33.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome purchase, 19 Feb 2013
Like some other reviews, I would just like to redress the balance here, against some of the lower scoring reviews. The video quality is outstanding on all these DVDs, even on the oldest titles. Even on my 50" plasma TV, where I expected to see an inferior quality, the picture is absolutely fine. OK, not HD quality, but perfectly good enough, and way better than I expected. Menus are very basic, but what do you want ? For me, I want to choose between paying all the titles consecutively, or choosing a specific title from the disc, and this is standard functionality on all the discs. Each disc has the season and episode labelled on the disc cover, as well as a short overview of each episode on the back of the cover.
The disc cases are all presented within the box (great little cigar style box) with the disc spines clearly visible so it is actually very easy to pick and choose which season and episode you want, and easily remove and replace accordingly.
My only gripe is that the sound volume is very low and I find that I have to increase the TV volume a fair bit above and beyond that which I am used to.
All in all, this box set is well worth the money and I have absolutely no regrets buying this set. Super value for money.

All Favourites
All Favourites
Price: 6.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 1 Mar 2011
This review is from: All Favourites (Audio CD)
Not an original version anywhere on this CD (or anything even resembling an original version). Stay away from this CD

Lindy 30150 - 10m Mains Power Lead, UK 3 Pin Plug, Black
Lindy 30150 - 10m Mains Power Lead, UK 3 Pin Plug, Black
Offered by Renshaw House
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars What can I sat - Did the job, 1 Mar 2011
Does what it says on the tin. Good quality, prompt delivery. Can't fault the product or the service.

Shrouded 3 Pin IEC Plug In-Line C14
Shrouded 3 Pin IEC Plug In-Line C14
Offered by eTwist
Price: 1.62

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great quality, 1 Mar 2011
Thes looked god on initial inspection, however the pins are prone to moving back inside the casing. The construction of the pin retaining mechanism is poor. I bought a few of these, and found that the pins dislodged in 70% of them. Went to RS components and spent a bit more on better quality version.

IEC Distribution Board
IEC Distribution Board
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd
Price: 8.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item. Compact & good Quality, 1 Mar 2011
Perfect solution for my needs - An IEC extension block, with 4 sockets.

Can't fault it. Small, compact, well built. Just the job.

Keysonic ACK-540RF Wireless Mini Keyboard with Built in Touchpad
Keysonic ACK-540RF Wireless Mini Keyboard with Built in Touchpad
Offered by City Computer Systems LTD
Price: 49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow ! Great solution for the wireless home, 1 Mar 2011
This wireless desktop is great for the majority of your needs (or at least my needs, as detailed below)
We currently have this hooked up to a wireless PC, which is in turn hooked up to our 50" plasma TV. So the functions are great, regardless of where we sit in our lounge area, where we have the PC and wirelss reciever.
The track pad can be a little sensitive at times, however it is really convenient to have the laptop style touchpad integrated into the keyboard. We can seemlessly navigate through multiple tasks on our PC, directly from our knees, without the need for any special surfaces, mouse mats or anything else.
Might not be ideal for graphics work, or for long winded, detailed project work, but I'm hardly going to be doing that kind of stuff from my knee, in my longe, on my TV.
So, if you are looking for a solution for your wireless media centre, on your TV, I really think this is the ideal product.

Michael Jackson's This Is It [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Michael Jackson's This Is It [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Michael Jackson
Price: 2.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment, 1 Mar 2011
Perfect piece of memorabilia.
We hooked this up through our 3D BluRay player and TV, and even though it was filmed in 2D HD, the visuals wre great on the 3D TV.
Highly recommended

Sharp HTSB200 Surround Sound Bar
Sharp HTSB200 Surround Sound Bar

5.0 out of 5 stars May not be a high end fully featured cinema sound system, but still very worth while, 1 Mar 2011
May not be a fully featured home cinema system but a great improvenent on built in TV speakers.
I had planned on investing a a home cinema system, but really wasn't sure if I had the room (or the need), however I wanted to improve the quality of the sound from my TV.
Just the job, and has the added bonus of having a 2nd input, so now have a seperate media player also hooked up to the sound bar.

Page: 1 | 2