Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for Jo > Reviews

Content by Jo

Jo

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sleeper's Castle
Sleeper's Castle

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 July 2016
This review is from: Sleeper's Castle (Kindle Edition)
One of those books I lost sleep to finish but was gutted when I did finish it because it was so good I didn't want to leave the characters behind. I've read all of the books by this author and this is one of my favourites.

The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker Series Book 1)
The Thief Taker (The Thief Taker Series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Jun. 2016
From the blurb this book sounded promising. However although I liked the concept of the story,I felt I was being told a tale, and not drawn in to one. Although the descriptions of plague ridden London were decent, the characters lacked depth and interest, making it hard to get involved with them or to care about what happened to them. A very flat and one dimensional novel. I won't be buying a second from this author.

House Of Shadows: Discover the thrilling untold story of the Winter Queen
House Of Shadows: Discover the thrilling untold story of the Winter Queen

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre at best, 22 April 2016
Readable but nothing special. Started well but didn't really keep a good pace. Fairly mundane.Not in the same league as authors like Barbara Erskine or Diana Gabaldon.

The Edge of Dark
The Edge of Dark

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Edge of Dark (Kindle Edition)
I've read all three of Pamela' s novels and I have to say they are absolutely gripping, readers of Barbara Erskine will love this book. I would've given it 5 stars but thought the ending could've been a bit more furnished in terms of Geoffrey' s actions in his own time but I can't say more without spoiler alert. All in all a very enjoyable read

Hope to Die: (Alex Cross 22)
Hope to Die: (Alex Cross 22)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 9 Nov. 2014
The real James Patterson, back to his gripping best. The latest Cross novel had me feeling physically anxious more than once, the suspense and pace never let up. I lost sleep finishing this!

I must confess I was starting to lose interest in Patterson books mainly due to the co writing and predictable, same old formats but straight away I was yanked back into the nail biting world of Alex Cross because it was scribed solely by the master himself and no disrespect to his co writers but boy can you tell the difference! Conclusion...? it's admirable that he helps other talented writers kick start their careers but for all your die hard fans out there who have followed and supported you from day one, can we PLEASE have more pure Patterson fiction to come because JP you really are the grand master and when it's your name on a cover, it's YOUR writing we want to read.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2015 8:33 PM BST

Invisible
Invisible

5.0 out of 5 stars Back on track!, 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Invisible (Kindle Edition)
AS A LIFE LONG FAN OF J P I WAS STARTING TO FIND SOME OF THE BOOKS, MEDIOCRE AND PREDICTABLE. A BIT LIKE A CONVEYER BELT OF MASS PRODUCTION. HOWEVER THIS ONE IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY. STRONG,SASSY CHARACTERS AND A VERY UNPREDICTABLE TWIST. VERY ENJOYABLE

The Secrets Of The Shadows (The Annie Graham series, Book 2)
The Secrets Of The Shadows (The Annie Graham series, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 12 Jun. 2014
I enjoyed the first in the series and was really looking forward to the next one. I wasn't' t disappointed. A really good mix of modern day crime with a spooky supernatural theme. Loved it!

Only the Innocent
Only the Innocent

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Only the Innocent (Kindle Edition)
A complex and at times harrowing tale, cleverly written with characters you can be completely enveloped in. I LOVED Laura , and Tom Douglas, well he was a special kind of hero, morally courageous in the least obvious way! A real page turner. Thoroughly recommended.

Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight

5.0 out of 5 stars Five star, 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
This book had me gripped from the first page until the very end.cleverly written with an excellent take on the more subtle yet infinitely more sinister aspects of obsession and domestic abuse. Realistic with strong characters and emotional depth. Can't wait to read more by this author.

No Escape (Texas Rangers)
No Escape (Texas Rangers)

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good read, 4 Jan. 2014
This is my first Burton novel but it won't be the last. It kept me on tenter hooks all the way through . .the characters were easy to relate to and made you care about what happened to them. I'm off to buy another of her books now!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4