Profile for John W. Edelman > Reviews

Max Factor Excess Volume Mascara 1x 20 ml Black
Offered by PJ Trade

2.0 out of 5 stars Clunking and Huge, 19 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK this is a review from my girlfriend as I tend not to use much mascara...A great clunking, huge tube arrived that was much too chunky for ease of use. There are two ends to be used separately, one after the other which takes longer and I am not sure what the point is. The mascara looked okay, but felt very crispy on the eyelashes and was next to impossible to remove with normal eye make up remover, again not ideal. Crispy eyelashes is never a desirable thing. The idea of two kinds of product for one is a fail as far as I am concerned because it doesn't bring anything extra to the party, it makes it huge and not good to handle and makes you wish for a nice, normal wand full of lovely lengthening mascara which isn't crispy and does come off when you want it to. I cannot recommend it and would never buy again.

Meridian Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter - No Added Sugar and Salt 280 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Without Doubt The Best, 22 Jan. 2014
If you are looking for a delicious, sugar and salt free peanut butter then this is the one to chose. In fact, after years of eating peanut butter with these added, it is actually difficult to believe that this product contains only peanuts...nothing else... not even palm oil, which I actively avoid these days (mainly because of Orangutans losing their homes). None of these additives are missed.
The only drawback is that the oil does separate- which is a bit of a pain when you first open it, although only in the sense of a First World Problem of having to stir it for a couple of minutes. After that, and here's a tip, store the jar in your fridge and it'll never separate again.

Delicious- I've got mine on subscription from Amazon. So great price too!

High Hopes CD+DVD [Region 0]
High Hopes CD+DVD [Region 0]
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn near Perfect!, 19 Jan. 2014
I just don't get it: Almost 30 years since I first woke up to Bruce he's still releasing albums with songs that give me more than anyone else. This, IMHO, is one of his best; the only track I would leave off, if I had to, is Frankie Fell In Love and even that's pretty good (sounds like an outtake from the Born In The USA sessions).
To be honest I was a bit worried when I first read about High Hopes as it sounded like it might be a rag bag of old songs that had been re-vamped with the, almost, ever present Tom Morello contributing. WRONG! This whole album is cohesive with some massively awseome standouts. The Ghost Of Tom Joad is given a fantastic rock treatment, with blistering guitar solos. Harry's Place has a fabulous pumping groove and The Wall is Bruce at his most affecting. American Skin (already a classic, but only heard previously as a live track) is just about as good as Bruce gets.
Wonderful!
Really, really wonderful!

Case Logic QTS210K Sleeve for iPad/10.1 inch Tablet
Case Logic QTS210K Sleeve for iPad/10.1 inch Tablet

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Protection- One Aspect Stand, 14 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This case offers good protection altough my Galaxy Note 10 feels just a little loose. There is a good amount of padding and with an outer hard shell it does look as though it would protect against most every day mishaps.

The zip completetly reverses and there is a sturdy kickstand giving you a stable, albeit landscape only, viewing platform. Note this is just a case for a tablet; there are no pockets or extra sleeves.

Altogether a well made, good looking item, but you'll want another stand if you like hands-free reading in portrait.

Case Logic Sleeve for 9-10 inch Tablet
Case Logic Sleeve for 9-10 inch Tablet

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Protection, within limits, 14 Jan. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This case offers good protection for your 10 inch tablet (mine, a Galaxy Note 10 , fits perfectly). There is a substantial amount of padding that I think would offer good protection should it slip from your grasp. ( I wouldn't dare try it out though- I don't have that much courage in my convictions!) One thing to bear in mind is that this is a soft shell case; dropping may be OK- putting heavy weights of any kind must be a complete no no.

The advantage this has over the cover that I use ever day around the house, is that it fows zip completely shut and looks like it would be at least show proof. Worth bearing in mind if you're out and about on a rain day.

Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (Single Version)
Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (Single Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you really must buy a Christmas song..., 29 Dec. 2013
You must buy this one! It's Bruce. He's always brilliant and it completes your collection! It's also ridiculously cheap to download.

Flute Player HD Free
Flute Player HD Free

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your time, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Flute Player HD Free (App)
I know this is free at the moment and therefore you have nothing to lose, but I wouldn't bother. The flute just doesn't sound like an, err... flute! I'm writing this just in case it does one day become a paid app in the hope of saving you some money.

Roku 3 HD Streaming Player
Roku 3 HD Streaming Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformed My Telly!, 5 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a brilliant product that has totally transformed my telly. With BBC IPlayer and Netflix among many other choices it is simplicity itself to set up and even easier to use. You can listen to what you are watching through the headphones provided that, very usefully plug into the remote.
Operating is easy; The picture is great and all this in a tiny box. I must admit I coudn't believe how small it was when I first saw it and I was also a bit sceptical that there didn't seem to any aditional charges to use it... too used to Sky,that's me. Obviously you have to pay for Netflix but most of the other channels are Free. Best thing is BBC Iplayer, of course. It's great to have the opportunity to watch BBC programmes I've missed on the big screen, rather than a computer.
I love it!

Audio-Technica ATH-CKX5IS Sonic Fuel In Ear Headphones  -  Black
Audio-Technica ATH-CKX5IS Sonic Fuel In Ear Headphones - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough sound, 9 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The raison d'etre of a pair of headphones, surely,is good sound. They can look good; these do. They can have great features; these do. They can be easy to use, but if they don't give out in the sound department they might as well save their breath. These headphones are left gasping. I love the in ear fixings that mould to the inside of your ears and keep them from ever falling out. I love the look; very cool silver and chrome. I like the in-line volume but the sound coming out just doesn't cut it. I've compared these with a pair of brilliant in ear for less than half the price ( VIBE VHSLICKZIPR-V2 Slick Zip Cable In Ear Headphone (Red)) and these are far tinnier, less bassy and carry less volume. I used these on a flight across the Atlantic and they performed perfectly well but adequate isn't good enough for £40.

Sennheiser PX95 Open Lightweight Headband On-Ear Headphones
Sennheiser PX95 Open Lightweight Headband On-Ear Headphones
Offered by magicdiscounts

3.0 out of 5 stars Mid-Range Price and Sound, 3 Nov. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When you start pushing 50 you begin to wonder if all those gigs and discos and driving around with Bruce or The 'Oo at full volume haven't got a lot to answer for. Consequently a new pair of headphones have to be really outstanding to make a difference. These aren't, but for the price are good enough. I've compared the sound out of these to three other sets of headphones; all available at different prices and, as one would expect, of differing quality. These were: Jabra Revo Wireless Stereo Headphones-No comparison, the bass and trebles and sheer volume aren't in the same league, but you pay £100 more for the pleasure; VIBE VHSLICKZIPR-V2 Slick Zip Cable In Ear Headphone (Red) To my old ears these are better than the the Sennheiser PX95 and have the benefit of little leakage- That's one of the main negatives about these. Because they perch on the top of your ears- not in or around, the leakage is quite significant. You probably wouldn't be popular on the bus wearing these. Finally I tested them against Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones THe HD201 are definitely budget and the PX95 really are head and shoulders above. So, after my none too scientific test I would say that if you have around £50 to spend and you want to listen in your living room for extended periods you could do a lot worse. They are well made, light and good looking with comfortable ear pads and a reasonable range. However, if you want to wear them out and about the sound leakage may cause a problem; you also get to hear a lot of what's going on around you- noise cancelling they ain't. Another thought about the on-ear foam pads: They might get a little soggy in the rain.On balance I will continue the ruination of my hearing with 'phones that are better able to cut through the ringing and deliver more punch. So, OK for £50 odd quid- I'd suggest trying in a shop before coming back here to buy on Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20