Profile for cavehomme > Reviews

Content by cavehomme

cavehomme "cavehomme" (Europe)

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung BKC-1C9GBBGXEU 8.9 inch Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for Galaxy Tab - Black
Offered by Fone-Central
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, indispensible item, 30 Aug 2013
I have previously bought a similar item for another tablet and I was disappointed with the poor quality and unreliability. I was wary when I purchased this keyboard and cover and expected it to be a fake Samsung item, but I was wrong. The quality is top notch and it enhances the tablet experience greatly. It's like having a much more expensive touchscreen laptop with keyboard but with the flexibility of detaching the two completely if you want to. The bluetooth connection works perfectly unlike my previous experience with another manufacturer of keyboard and there is no fussy reconfiguring and entering PINs when the connection goes to sleep and comes back to life. The keyboard travel and feedback is spot on. The price that I paid of just 38.99 from fusion9online is amazing for this quality, but I think the RRP is much higher - even so I would have still bought it at full price had I physically seen and handled the item in a store.

Sharon Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 10.1N P7500 P7510 Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 Aluminium Case | Cover | Stand with Integrated Bluetooth Keyboard ***NOT COMPATIBLE WITH NOTE 10.1***
Offered by Leicke Distributor Germany
Price: 35.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Idea but..., 21 Jun 2013
It's good to have a keyboard and case as one unit but the quality is not great, barely adquate. After a few months of occasional use the letters are beinning to disappear already off the keys. Not sure if it's the keyboard or my Samsung software but the first line of each paragraph will not only auto caplitalise the first letter but also the second letter, only when this keyboard is used.

There seem to be a few similar keyboards and which cost more, but I wonder if they are the same chinese factory churning them out and each company sticks their own label on, but it would be good to find a better quality one that this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2013 12:58 PM BST

Samsung Galaxy Tab USB Data Cable
Samsung Galaxy Tab USB Data Cable
Offered by Gadgetsevil UK
Price: 2.19

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but..., 21 Jun 2013
...difficult to connect, too tight and need to be careful. The cable is a bit thin and I worry how long it will last. I should have paid more and bought better quality but I cannot be bothered to ask for a refund on this occasion.

Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses
Sony TDGBR250 Rechargeable 3D Glasses
Offered by EBUYSHOP
Price: 19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much flicker, 21 Jun 2013
I've followed the instructions correctly on both the TV and glasses and I simply cannot watch a film for very long, it's constantly flickering, seems like 10 frames per second, really obtrusive and makes me feel nauseous after a while then eventually a headache. Not sure if it is these glasses or the active system that I am sensitive to, but with cheap passive glasses at the cinema I don't have too many problems although fake 3D is disorienteering.

On the positive side the glasses are well built and a good design.

Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-B5512 Dual Sim 3G QWERTY Android Mobile Phone
Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-B5512 Dual Sim 3G QWERTY Android Mobile Phone

5.0 out of 5 stars The best dual-SIM qwerty phone currently available, 20 May 2013
It has been a real struggle to find a modern dual SIM phone, let alone one that's not 100% touchscreen with a real qwerty keyboard for faster and more accurate typing.

I hope that both Samsung and other manufacturers do expand their dual SIM offerings in the future but I realise that the network operators have a massive negative influence in this because it's often not in their interests to sell a phone with a second SIM slot which can house a competitors SIM card. That said, there is a great benefit to business phone users to be able to have one single phone which can contain both their business phone number and private number, makes life a lot easier for expenses accounting, business and personal confidentiality as well as avoiding carrying two phone and related accessories around! I am surprised that the Corporations are not demanding more of such phones. Now back reviewing this phone -

Generally all dual SIM phones are not the highest specs available beyond the dual SIM feature, typically having lower resolution screens and cameras, but this phone is the nearest to getting a dual SIM Blackberry, although it's an Android OS not Blackberry, and the keyboard whilst good enough does not have keys as large as most BBs.

Some positives:
- Good quality build and finish
- Decent battery life
- Both SIMs are simultaneously active to be able receive incoming calls. Pressing a dedicated key on the keyboard determines which SIM is active for outgoing calls, can be switched as many times as needed between business and private calls for example.
- Android OS with loads of apps
- touchscreen works for all functions except typing, that's what the keyboard is for. The keyboard can be used for most functions if your prefer not to touch screen, best of both worlds really.
- chargeable via an adapter or USB, unlike Nokia dual SIMs that I reviewed which are adapter only.
- good call quality
- micro SIM expandable
- front-facing camera for video and video calling.
- accurate GPS system, with standard Google app included. Other and better apps available, even free.

Some improvements:
- 3mp camera is adequate for snaps, but would benefit from an LED flash. However buyers should realise this phone is a medium spec and priced accordingly, so if you want a BB or iPhone look elsewhere.
- like most phones is made of slick plastic but would be more secure from slipping from the hand with a textured rear panel as many Galaxy Y phones already have.
- some apps cannot understand that the screen width is longer than the height so they flip around 90 degrees onto their side. Although this phone can flip the screen content sideways on other apps, for those apps which already flip their layout 90 degrees the phone cannot undo the flip. This is not a fault of the phone but the fault of the app developers who need to recognise that some screens out there are of a different format. Most apps work normally but if your favourite app is affected in this way then it can be a pain to hold your phone sideways to use the app as well as it being more crammed into the reduced screen-width pixels.
- screen brightness can be manually adjusted but does not auto-adjust from indoors to outdoors and vice-versa.
- although this phone meets the minimum spec for Skype video calling it is not available as an option on the Skype app. I am not sure if this is a microsoft restriction on android or some other issue, but since I rarely use skype with video due to extra bandwidth needed, this is not a big issue for me.
- spare batteries hard to find, but this is partly due to some confusion out there with dealers regarding the correct part number for the battery, so best to buy a spare battery at the same time as your phone purchase if you can.

Despite a few weaknesses, none of which are really showstoppers, overall I am very relieved and pleased that I found a good dual SIM qwerty phone after a very long search. The 5 stars awarded are in relation to comparing this phone with other dual-SIMs which are all lower spec than single SIM phones, for some strange reason, probably network carriers influence as mentioned earlier. If I was rating compared to other single-SIM phones it would get 4 stars because of the areas for improvement I mentioned.

Microsoft office 2003 professional
Microsoft office 2003 professional

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best version of Office, 2 May 2013
Great price and swift delivery from "AAA Services "for this original and unopened shrink-wrapped software. Most users still prefer Office 2003 to 2007 onwards but not many realise that they can still buy it. Many companies still insist on 2003. Despite some small Outlook 2003 bugs this version was by far the best for me and MS seem to have lost their way since.

Microsoft Project Pro 2013, Licence Card, 1 User (PC)
Microsoft Project Pro 2013, Licence Card, 1 User (PC)
Offered by SoftwareDirect2u
Price: 629.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip Off, 2 Feb 2013
I've been using Ms Project since version 1 a long time ago as well as several other packages that have since fallen by the way side. Yes MS Project is the de facto standard, but this is a clear abuse of a monopoly position in my view. Unfortunately there is no real alternative to MS Project that is also compatible with the file type, but the regulators need to be forcing MS to open up and allow competition. Project is also not complex software, all the algorithms and view types have hardly changes over years, it's just the eye candy that's a bit different and the ability to use a touch screen. If you are a Corporation and have lots of money sloshing around then yes you'll be buying this "upgrade" and the rest of Office 2013. Meanwhile those living in the real world will largely keep away from this software or will be incentivised to go and find some illegal copies - which I do not condone, just highlighting the situation that MS have exacerbated themselves.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2013 10:04 AM GMT

Panasonic RP-DJS200E-K Stylish Street Style Headphones - Black
Panasonic RP-DJS200E-K Stylish Street Style Headphones - Black
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, better than my JVCs, 25 Dec 2012
Bought these as a Christmas present for my daughter. I already bought some JVC 360 for myself and son, and so I thought I'd try something different for her. Now I want to swap! The pads give a better and more enclosed contact with the ear and this helps the sound quality which has an excellent but not over-powering bass. The mids and highs are very good, not the best you are going to buy but for this price bracket it's hard to beat at least compared to the very good JVCs! Overall excellent quality and very comfortable to wear and the price / quality ratio is excellent. For context, I bought my first pair of headphones more than 30 years ago and have used many in that time.

Panasonic RP-DJS200E-A Headphones Turquoise Blue
Panasonic RP-DJS200E-A Headphones Turquoise Blue
Price: 15.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my JVC 360, 25 Dec 2012
Bought these as a Christmas present for my daughter. I already bought JVC 360 for myself and son and so I thought I'd try something different for her. Now I want to swap! The pads give a better and more enclosed contact with the ear and this helps the sound quality which has an excellent but not over-powering bass. The mids and highs are very good, not the best you are going to buy but for this price bracket it's hard to beat at least compared to the very good JVCs! Overall excellent quality and very comfortable to wear and the price / quality ratio is excellent.

Malwarebyte UK Retail - PRO Lifetime
Malwarebyte UK Retail - PRO Lifetime

5.0 out of 5 stars MWB is excellent, but is this version legitimate?, 16 May 2012
Is this version a legitimate copy? Malwarebytes Pro costs more than 30. I cannot believe that such a populr product can legitimately be priced so low. Happy to be proved wrong.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2012 7:16 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2