Profile for Mr. M. Regan - The Regsy > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Regan -...

Mr. M. Regan - The Regsy "THE man in black" (Cumbria)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and accessories - Black  [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]
AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and accessories - Black [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't wonder about it, it really is worth buying., 8 Feb. 2016
Very pleasantly surprised at this, OK so I got it through the Vine programme, I wasn't really looking for a new camera Backpack but thought I would like to have a look at this.
I have been blown away by the deign and quality of this item, I got something similar (I though upon requesting it) from 7dayshop a couple of years ago and that wouldn't fit a SLR body stood upright. This is a different class, it feel tough,, well constructed and solid, it is also bigger than it looks in the pictures. After a bit of trying to sort out what I needed to fit in it as an everyday bag this is what is in mine at present.
Nikon D800 with 80-200mm F2,8 lens attached
D700 body
Sigma 24-75 fx f2,8 lens
Sigma 105mm Macro lens
50mm f1.4 lens
shoulder harness for 2 cameras
Spare cards and batteries
teh usual cleaning bit and bobs, i have had my old Manfrotto monopod in the clips on the outside as well. I am a tall well built bloke and the straps run out long enough to make wearing it comfortable. This is a genuinely good piece of kit and I would compare it to top of the line expensive bags at over £100. Very very recommended.

Redber Monsooned Malabar Filter/Ground Coffee (Dark roast) (1kg)
Redber Monsooned Malabar Filter/Ground Coffee (Dark roast) (1kg)
Offered by Redber

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't have too much coffee., 8 Feb. 2016
Lovely coffee, what more can I say slightly coarser grind to what you get in the supermarket but works better in my filter machine, coffee has a good taste smooth and not bitter, lovely coffee, nice price, fast delivery and very helpful company.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 5 User - Licence Key (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 5 User - Licence Key (PC)
Offered by Esale Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it, it works and works well, 8 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Love it, been my security software of choice for many years now, still good. Doesn't hog resources and slow down your machine, updates quickly and without fuss. No issues with viruses since I started using it many years ago now. Well worth th eoutlay.

Neewer® NW660III 2.4G i-TTL HSS 1/8000s LCD Display Wireless Master/Slave Flash Speedlight for Nikon D3300 D3200 D3100 D3000 D5200 D5100 D5000 D7200 D7100 D7000 and All Other Nikon DSLR Cameras
Offered by Neewer Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good item, surprisingly so., 1 Feb. 2016
Can't believe the price for this unit, while I haven't used a decent flash gun for years and the last one I had being a pretty old Speedlight (which the current version would cost 2-300 quid). I was pleasantly surprised by the size (bigger than it looks), Build quality (nice and solid feeling, all tilt and twist movements feel positive), Instructions (OK not perfectly translated but easy enough to follow and use) to performance, no issues with it, synced up with my D800 (and D700) without issue, cycles quickly (Duracell Ultra's) and provided nice lighting, I had it turned down a couple of steps to give me a softer light and I got decent results. For the cost I have to say that it is worth it, I don't use flash regularly which is why I went fro the cheaper option, but a worthwhile addition to anyone's camera bag.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital and Film SLR Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, thanks Sigma., 1 Feb. 2016
Could rapidly become a favourite lens. I have an older Sigma wide angle lens trouble is I am using FX cameras and the old one isn't perfect. So time for a treat, wide angle to short zoom and its f2.8 through the range sounds ideal for anything from landscape to gig photos. So OK I was weak and ordered it, its worth every penny. I have used it at a running event and a 60th birthday party and I have to that its sharp, fast to focus, pretty quiet and sharp. Did I say it was sharp as well? On either D700 or D800 Nikon the results are outstanding, really looking forward to my first gig shoot with it, dodgy stage lighting? Bring it on.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Emperor Series Books 1-5
The Emperor Series Books 1-5

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it., 2 Jan. 2016
Brilliant series of books, just a shame that they end. If Conn Iggulden managed to write a whole history of the Roman empire in a similar fashion I would read it all and probably still want more. Excellent writing, historical fact and fiction blended perfectly together into a great read,

Sony CFDS50 Classic CD and Tape Boombox with Radio - Black
Sony CFDS50 Classic CD and Tape Boombox with Radio - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very recommended., 2 Jan. 2016
Bought for my mother as a Christmas present, she had to have a cassette player (her old Goodmans one was worn out) so after much looking about I decided on this. Its a compact unit and I had concerns about the sound quality due to its size, but I needn't have worried. First off my mum was delighted with it, was happy that the controls were pretty simple and we had a CD playing in minutes, the sound is ample for my hard of hearing mother and clearly audible around the ground floor of the house. I am impressed especially as this type of system is getting harder to find, Sony has produced a top class product that I was pleased to discover also play MP3 CD's.

1918 Blue Skies Aloft
1918 Blue Skies Aloft

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 2 Jan. 2016

1918 The Unforgiving Sky
1918 The Unforgiving Sky

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It, 2 Jan. 2016
Being a long time fan of well written military fiction and RFC/RAF in particular I was delighted to realise that not only was this a well written and created book it is also a long book, its not one of these books that is 2 chapters long. Decent characters and good believable storylines it was a pleasure from start to finish. At the finish I thought it was a bit weak but I then discovered to my delight that there was a second novel. Brilliant read.

Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3500/01 with Sunrise Simulation
Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3500/01 with Sunrise Simulation

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item., 2 Jan. 2016
Very good for the price, the light is very bright at full power, alarm is easy to set and it all works as it should. The beeper is annoying but why shouldn't it be as its designed to wake you up. It does seem to help my wife and I wake up more easily in a morning.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20