Profile for Mr. M. Regan - The Regsy > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Regan -...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 776

Mr. M. Regan - The Regsy "THE man in black" (Cumbria)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PhotoSEL BG411 Sling Bag with Rain Cover for DSLR Cameras and Accessories - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it will easily accept my 100mm macro lens, 17 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Shocked at the quality of this item for this price. Well made, well padded and quite roomy, will take either my D700 or D800 with a short (ish) lens attached. I think it will easily accept my 100mm macro lens, don't think the old 70-300 will fit and certainly not for my 50-500 but this isn't a surprise and after reading the description of the bag I wouldn't expect it to. Should be able to easily pack a couple of spare lenses, macro tubes and spare batteries into the bag for a days shooting. The strap works well and sits comfortably over the shoulder, swinging the bag to the front is easy, even for a 6 foot 4 lad like myself.
Recommended purchase as a small day bag.

Introduction to Health and Safety at Work: The Handbook for the NEBOSH National General Certificate
by Phil Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 April 2015
I passed using this books, well laid out, good test questions, and I managed to gain the qualification. Recommended material if you are trying to gain your NEBOSH.

Extra Long 2 Metre MICRO USB CHARGER DATA SYNC CABLE FOR The New 2012 Amazon Kindle Fire & Kindle Fire HD
Offered by HDMIPerfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Good kit, 17 April 2015
Brilliant cable for when you need that bit of extra reach to charge your phone, kindle whatever. Seems well made with decent quality plugs. Recommended.

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one now., 17 April 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
This really is s a great item, set up was simple and fast, although the introduction video was a little annoying. The information comes up fast, BBC iPlayer opens faster on this than anything else, phone, laptop, kindle fire. The remote control feels solid, and works very well, simple controls making it easy to find the button you are after and works well, as does the Android app and the integration with the Kindle fire, simply choose what you want to watch and click the icon to transfer to the TV, you can use the fire to pause, play and use features like X-Ray.
So its fast, compact and very well priced, I realise that it is missing 4OD and the ITV players, this isn't necessarily Amazons fault and I think they will probably become available in the future.
Now watching Body of Proof, no buffering, no lag, good lipsync good picture quality too. One thing that has bugged me about watching series on Prime was that it stopped after each episode, the Fire stick however streams episodes one after the other, very good.
Its all good, slick and easy to use interface makes use a pleasure, with the App installed you can also use your smart phone as a keyboard to enter your log in details. Really can't fault it.

Kindle Voyage, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent development of the Kindle, 6 April 2015
Excellent development of the Kindle, I already own an original Kindle with the keyboard and a Fire so i have missed a generation or two of Kindle development. The Voyage feels tiny after the old keyboard version but the screen is slightly bigger and a lot sharper. I hadn't thought that the back light would make much difference but it does, although I like it low reading at night with the light off is great. Because it is small and light it is very comfortable to hold in one hand, i especially love the forward and back buttons which mean I can turn pages without changing my grip, developed over many hours with the older model. So i now have 3 Kindles, I don't use the fire much for reading but the keyboard version now lives in my desk drawer for lunchtime reading and the Voyage is my main reading device, I haven't read a paper book for 3 years now and with the Voyage its even less likely that I ever will. Excellent product.

Lexar 16GB S35 JumpDrive USB 3.0 Memory Stick - Blue
Lexar 16GB S35 JumpDrive USB 3.0 Memory Stick - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual excellent Lexar quality, 6 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Usual excellent Lexar quality, its quite a small drive, smaller than another Lexar drive I have, very compact and light. The USB connector comes out as you rotate the white body of the stick inside its outer cover, this seems like a very positive action and should stop the annoyance of slide out connectors that make eventually get a bit weaker and become difficult to insert. All in all an excellent USB stick, transfer speed is good too.

Mens Leather Winter Thermal LABELLED Waterproof Inserts Thinsulate Motorcycle Gloves L Large
Offered by Bikers Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Gloves, 28 Mar. 2015
Good gloves, I wanted a new pair of gloves that were a, warm and b, waterproof. these fit both bills and they don't cost the earth. I am a year round biker spend at least an hour and a half each day commuting, the weather recently has been cold and wet, my old gloves had got to the point where the leather had started to rot, after a lot of looking, review reading and muttering "how Much?" I saw these and decided to try them out, they are comfortable, warm and waterproof, I had one damp hand but that was from rain coming down my sleeve and infiltrating the glove, they are roomy enough to get a pair of glove liners in there on the bitterest day, they do feel a little light compared to others but I think that this is the lack of armour. I don't think that armour is 100% necessary for low(ish) speed everyday use a pair of good leather gloves offer a good amount of protection, at this price I will probably get another pair.

4 x Philips D Size 3000 mAh Rechargeable Ni-MH Batteries MN1300
4 x Philips D Size 3000 mAh Rechargeable Ni-MH Batteries MN1300
Offered by Go Green Batteries UK

5.0 out of 5 stars They lasted over a week with around an hours use each day at a good volume as well as the radio being accidentally left ..., 28 Mar. 2015
Bought to allow a Roberts digital radio to become portable, I expected a fairly decent battery life but thought I would have to re-charge every couple of days. They lasted over a week with around an hours use each day at a good volume as well as the radio being accidentally left on low over night. Excellent piece of kit and recommended.

Panasonic ALL1 Network Audio Connector
Panasonic ALL1 Network Audio Connector

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. I had it set up and working ..., 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent product. I had it set up and working in 10 minutes, the network set up was surprisingly simple and painless, the App set up on my old Note 2 without fuss. I have this set up through a very old Pioneer separates system and as you might expect the sound is fantastic, even streaming lesser rate MP3's through it. Brilliant bit of kit breathing fresh life into an old Hi-Fi system. Well worth it, I especially like the network port on the back giving you a variety of options for connecting it up.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (Black)

Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent product. I had it set up and working in 10 minutes, the network set up was surprisingly simple and painless, the App set up on my old Note 2 without fuss. I have compared this to a Bose Soundlink 2 bluetooth speaker and the sound is very comparable and exceptionally good, a little bass heavy but easy to tweak with the App. I am now running this as an external speaker through the Aux socket and it works brilliantly. Gone are the days of needing massive wooden cabinet speakers to get a great depth of sound with excellent clarity. As a lover of most types of music my standard test is to run War of the Worlds through it and Richard Burton sounds magnificent through this speaker. Its a little pricey but comparable to similar items out there so I recommend it fully.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20