Profile for Mr. M. Regan > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Regan
Top Reviewer Ranking: 621

Mr. M. Regan "THE man in black" (Cumbria)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Samyang 800mm Mirror F8 T Mount Manual Focus Lens
Samyang 800mm Mirror F8 T Mount Manual Focus Lens
Price: 185.30

5.0 out of 5 stars I ordered a second adapter for mine as I use Nikon bodies and after frustratingly receiving the lens before the adaptor I have h, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Have to say that an 800mm lens for this price is a steal, I ordered a second adapter for mine as I use Nikon bodies and after frustratingly receiving the lens before the adaptor I have had to wait before playing LOL
First impressions of the lens are good, the lens has a solid well made feel about it, the focus action is smooth and steady it has a nice weight to it. It is also quite large, the diameter of the lens is something that feels a little odd, even my Sigma 50-500 isn't anywhere near this fat, but it does sit nicely in my hands.
After plonking it onto my camera I have to say that I am impressed by the quality of the image, only a couple of shots of the chimney pot opposite at the moment, but the D800 likes good glass and this isn't showing a lack of detail or any distortion that I can make out. I will get better photos (promise) and share them with you. Its a bit of an adventure using the camera on manual but I still state that if you want a decent lens for moon or wildlife photography that doesn't cost as much as a small house this could well be for you.
I have just read some of the other points made on a review, this lens is heavy but due to its short length I find it easy to control and not heavy when it use, I can hold it handheld easily and get sharp images at 160-200/second, It is stable on my old Hama Star tripod (not worries about dipping).
I don't really understand the difficulty in either lining up a shot (look though the viewfinder, line it up click) or the need to have focussing marks at the top of the lens, I have to say that I focus by looking through the camera and when everything looks sharp I take the shot.
There is also much made of it being manual but I think its easier with a fixed F8 lens, all you have to fiddle with is shutter speed and maybe ISO, I have the advantage that the camera can be set to auto ISO (I can even impose limits) so I can fiddle with the shutter speed almost with impunity as the brains of the camera still take care of a lot of the exposure.
It is what it is, I can take a sharp shot handheld without much difficulty, mainly because its short, it weights less than the Sigma 50-500 (which is a great lens, but easy to hold at 500mm) Will be trying moon shots soon :)

Tacwise 191ELS with 180 Nail Selection Pack & 91 Staple Selection Pack (Bundle Pack)
Price: 76.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, did a great job reupholstering a couple ..., 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent item, did a great job reupholstering a couple of chairs, made easy work with the staples and the nail pack has been used to patch up a couple of loose fence panels. Refills are a little expensive but otherwise good kit.

Rapesco Supaclip 60 Dispenser with 8 Clips
Rapesco Supaclip 60 Dispenser with 8 Clips
Price: 5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy alternative to staples, 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very easy to use device, all it does is secure your papers with a small metal clip. Rather than puncturing you paperwork this clips the papers together easily and with no fuss at all. The clips are easy to load and the lever is easy to operate with a thumb, simply pull back to load a clip then push forward onto your papers. Perhaps best of all the clips are re-usable, it may not be as cost effective as cheap staples but if you have documents that you want to remain in pristine condition this is a great item.

Tefal Infiny Press Revolution Juicer with Two Filters for Juice/ Coulis, 300 Watt
Price: 160.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a powerful juicer that creates a smooth tasty juice.

There are downsides to it, in that the feeder tubes are a little small and you have to chop you fruit, also citrus fruit must be peeled. That is minor niggly bits really, as the juicer actually squeezes your fruit, rather than shredding, the finished product seems more appealing. I also seem to get masses of juice out. The machine is quite quiet, easy to strip and clean just feels like a very well made bit of kit, recommended.

NOCO BLSOLAR2 Solar Battery Charger
NOCO BLSOLAR2 Solar Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Seems to be doing a really good job of keeping my motorcycle battery topped up, I just leave the panel on the seat when I am away (bike is in a locked yard) and while its hard to tell I think that there is a little more gusto to the starter than there used to be. A top quality product.

NOCO BLSOLAR5 Solar Battery Charger

Mens Black Dupont Kevlar Motorcycle Jeans With CE Armour W40 L34
Offered by Bike-Wear-Direct
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 4 Jun 2014
I have a couple of pairs of armoured jeans, one pair cost twice this amount. These are as good, if not better, these are the only pair that I have with hip pads as well as knee pads. They have a heavy feel to them but very comfortable when on, they are easy to wear all day at work and very comfy to sit in. Really feel secure on the bike and the knee pads help to keep your knees nice and toasty. No down sides at all.
Sizing and fit is as advertised, very recommended and I will be having more as soon as I have more cash :)

Nikwax Visor Proof 125ml
Nikwax Visor Proof 125ml
Offered by Lids Direct
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It could be me, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Nikwax Visor Proof 125ml
But I don't think so, I have cleaned my visor and re-applied this a couple of times now and it doesn't really make a difference. I had one run where the rain streamed off a little faster but after that it really hasn't made a lot of difference. It could be my visor doesn't like it but not a product for me.

Icy Box IB-250StU3-BH HDD Enclosure for 2.5 inch SATA Upto 12.5mm Height and USB 3.0 Host
Offered by Winningcomputer
Price: 25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 25 May 2014
Its a little fiddlier than some as it does have 8 small screws holding it all together, but it accepts a variety of hard drives 9.5mm high and 12.5mm high which means you can get a 1tb hard drive in here easily making it excellent as a longer term storage option. I have actually managed to fit a 15mm high drive into mine giving me a 2tb storage device, its not ideal though and I wouldn't recommend it. The USB 3 interface give a good transfer rate, I haven't measured it but its good enough for me.

A very good caddy.

LAMY studio Bold Nib Fountain Pen - Black Purple
LAMY studio Bold Nib Fountain Pen - Black Purple
Offered by Europens
Price: 45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 25 May 2014
This is a heavy, tactile, good looking pen. It comes in a nice presentation box, is no hassle to fit a cartridge in too and seems to have excellent ink flow, no tapping or blotting just give it a second and off you go.

This is an excellent ink pen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20