Profile for Mr. M. Regan > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Regan
Top Reviewer Ranking: 704

Mr. M. Regan "THE man in black" (Cumbria)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
A Sword Into Darkness
A Sword Into Darkness

4.0 out of 5 stars Begging for a sequel, 21 Nov 2014
Really enjoyed this book, well thought out take on the usual alien invasion story. Good characterisation and a well paced plot. No huge surprises but a really enjoyable read. Looking forward to the next book.

Terrapin Techstyle PU Leather Folio Case/Cover/Pouch/Holster with Stand for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 inch - Black
Offered by M&R Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides a good protective case for my kindle, 20 Nov 2014
Provides a good protective case for my kindle, the case Velcro's apart so you can remove most of the case to read the kindle. the inner piece of the case has a small lip that locates into some grooves in the lid providing a very stable platform as a stand. very good case, well put together and leaving all the ports, buttons and the camera easy to access.

Genuine Kanger Coil Heads 10 x 2.5ohm Protank 1 & 2 / Mini Protank 1 & 2 / UniTank / Evod
Offered by Premier Express

5.0 out of 5 stars produce a great amount of vapour with a nice flavour, 20 Nov 2014
Fitted my Kanger protank perfectly, produce a great amount of vapour with a nice flavour. Seem to last a little longer than the replacements that came with the tank as well. recommended.

Philips E14 Small Edison Screw 6 Watt LED Dimmable Luster, Warm White
Philips E14 Small Edison Screw 6 Watt LED Dimmable Luster, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars looks good, provides a nice bright light without dazzling, 20 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Installed in a 3 light fitting with 2 normal bulbs, looks good, provides a nice bright light without dazzling. Very good looking bulb too, although its a little larger than normal bulbs its not ugly or over the top. Recommended as a replacement.

Case Logic Surefit Classic Universal Folio for 7 inch Tablets - Black
Case Logic Surefit Classic Universal Folio for 7 inch Tablets - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent universal case, 11 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent universal case, well made, decent protection, not really heavy so it doesn't add a lot of weight to your tablet but a good alternative to buying a specific case for your tablet.

PaperPro Evo Compact One Finger 15 Sheet Capacity Power Stapler
PaperPro Evo Compact One Finger 15 Sheet Capacity Power Stapler

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep mine locked away to stop it going walkies, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
simple and effective, instead of being reliant on a your muscle power to staple your paper, this works with a simple mechanism that loads a spring as you squeeze then it fires the staple, meaning you get consistent results each time. Its light being mainly plastic construction but works well, no jams yet and staples each time.

Philips 5W (50W) GU10 Master LED Value Spot Light, Warm White 3000K, Dimmable
Philips 5W (50W) GU10 Master LED Value Spot Light, Warm White 3000K, Dimmable

5.0 out of 5 stars A light-bulb moment, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Expensive but a great alternative to normal halogen bulbs. These LED bulbs give a nice bright light with much less heat than the halogen units, they look good and seem to be much less prone to blowing, I haven't lost one yet. Recommended

WaterPark -Tycoon (Digital Download Card)
WaterPark -Tycoon (Digital Download Card)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much the same as all the other Tycoon games, 16 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pretty much the same as all the other Tycoon games, simplistic graphics that front a challenging game. The series is getting a little long in the tooth these days but still an entertaining way to lose a few hours.

Nico Less E-Cigarette E-Shisha Starter Kit
Nico Less E-Cigarette E-Shisha Starter Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars shame, 16 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Never received so I can't review it, its a shame because it looks like a nice piece of kit. more compact than the ones I have and with a decent power supply and cartomiser. But seeing as it never arrived I am afraid you have as much idea as you have.

Samyang 800mm Mirror F8 T Mount Manual Focus Lens
Samyang 800mm Mirror F8 T Mount Manual Focus Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars I ordered a second adapter for mine as I use Nikon bodies and after frustratingly receiving the lens before the adaptor I have h, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Have to say that an 800mm lens for this price is a steal, I ordered a second adapter for mine as I use Nikon bodies and after frustratingly receiving the lens before the adaptor I have had to wait before playing LOL
First impressions of the lens are good, the lens has a solid well made feel about it, the focus action is smooth and steady it has a nice weight to it. It is also quite large, the diameter of the lens is something that feels a little odd, even my Sigma 50-500 isn't anywhere near this fat, but it does sit nicely in my hands.
After plonking it onto my camera I have to say that I am impressed by the quality of the image, only a couple of shots of the chimney pot opposite at the moment, but the D800 likes good glass and this isn't showing a lack of detail or any distortion that I can make out. I will get better photos (promise) and share them with you. Its a bit of an adventure using the camera on manual but I still state that if you want a decent lens for moon or wildlife photography that doesn't cost as much as a small house this could well be for you.
I have just read some of the other points made on a review, this lens is heavy but due to its short length I find it easy to control and not heavy when it use, I can hold it handheld easily and get sharp images at 160-200/second, It is stable on my old Hama Star tripod (not worries about dipping).
I don't really understand the difficulty in either lining up a shot (look though the viewfinder, line it up click) or the need to have focussing marks at the top of the lens, I have to say that I focus by looking through the camera and when everything looks sharp I take the shot.
There is also much made of it being manual but I think its easier with a fixed F8 lens, all you have to fiddle with is shutter speed and maybe ISO, I have the advantage that the camera can be set to auto ISO (I can even impose limits) so I can fiddle with the shutter speed almost with impunity as the brains of the camera still take care of a lot of the exposure.
It is what it is, I can take a sharp shot handheld without much difficulty, mainly because its short, it weights less than the Sigma 50-500 (which is a great lens, but easy to hold at 500mm) Will be trying moon shots soon :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20