Profile for Mr. M. Regan > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Regan
Top Reviewer Ranking: 625

Mr. M. Regan "THE man in black" (Cumbria)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PaperPro Evo Compact One Finger 15 Sheet Capacity Power Stapler
PaperPro Evo Compact One Finger 15 Sheet Capacity Power Stapler

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep mine locked away to stop it going walkies, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
simple and effective, instead of being reliant on a your muscle power to staple your paper, this works with a simple mechanism that loads a spring as you squeeze then it fires the staple, meaning you get consistent results each time. Its light being mainly plastic construction but works well, no jams yet and staples each time.

Philips 5W (50W) GU10 Master LED Value Spot Light, Warm White 3000K, Dimmable
Philips 5W (50W) GU10 Master LED Value Spot Light, Warm White 3000K, Dimmable

5.0 out of 5 stars A light-bulb moment, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Expensive but a great alternative to normal halogen bulbs. These LED bulbs give a nice bright light with much less heat than the halogen units, they look good and seem to be much less prone to blowing, I haven't lost one yet. Recommended

WaterPark -Tycoon (Digital Download Card)
WaterPark -Tycoon (Digital Download Card)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much the same as all the other Tycoon games, 16 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pretty much the same as all the other Tycoon games, simplistic graphics that front a challenging game. The series is getting a little long in the tooth these days but still an entertaining way to lose a few hours.

Nico Less E-Cigarette E-Shisha Starter Kit
Nico Less E-Cigarette E-Shisha Starter Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars shame, 16 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Never received so I can't review it, its a shame because it looks like a nice piece of kit. more compact than the ones I have and with a decent power supply and cartomiser. But seeing as it never arrived I am afraid you have as much idea as you have.

Samyang 800mm Mirror F8 T Mount Manual Focus Lens
Samyang 800mm Mirror F8 T Mount Manual Focus Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars I ordered a second adapter for mine as I use Nikon bodies and after frustratingly receiving the lens before the adaptor I have h, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Have to say that an 800mm lens for this price is a steal, I ordered a second adapter for mine as I use Nikon bodies and after frustratingly receiving the lens before the adaptor I have had to wait before playing LOL
First impressions of the lens are good, the lens has a solid well made feel about it, the focus action is smooth and steady it has a nice weight to it. It is also quite large, the diameter of the lens is something that feels a little odd, even my Sigma 50-500 isn't anywhere near this fat, but it does sit nicely in my hands.
After plonking it onto my camera I have to say that I am impressed by the quality of the image, only a couple of shots of the chimney pot opposite at the moment, but the D800 likes good glass and this isn't showing a lack of detail or any distortion that I can make out. I will get better photos (promise) and share them with you. Its a bit of an adventure using the camera on manual but I still state that if you want a decent lens for moon or wildlife photography that doesn't cost as much as a small house this could well be for you.
I have just read some of the other points made on a review, this lens is heavy but due to its short length I find it easy to control and not heavy when it use, I can hold it handheld easily and get sharp images at 160-200/second, It is stable on my old Hama Star tripod (not worries about dipping).
I don't really understand the difficulty in either lining up a shot (look though the viewfinder, line it up click) or the need to have focussing marks at the top of the lens, I have to say that I focus by looking through the camera and when everything looks sharp I take the shot.
There is also much made of it being manual but I think its easier with a fixed F8 lens, all you have to fiddle with is shutter speed and maybe ISO, I have the advantage that the camera can be set to auto ISO (I can even impose limits) so I can fiddle with the shutter speed almost with impunity as the brains of the camera still take care of a lot of the exposure.
It is what it is, I can take a sharp shot handheld without much difficulty, mainly because its short, it weights less than the Sigma 50-500 (which is a great lens, but easy to hold at 500mm) Will be trying moon shots soon :)

Tacwise 191ELS with 180 Nail Selection Pack & 91 Staple Selection Pack (Bundle Pack)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, did a great job reupholstering a couple ..., 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent item, did a great job reupholstering a couple of chairs, made easy work with the staples and the nail pack has been used to patch up a couple of loose fence panels. Refills are a little expensive but otherwise good kit.

Rapesco Supaclip 60 Dispenser with 8 Clips
Rapesco Supaclip 60 Dispenser with 8 Clips

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy alternative to staples, 25 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very easy to use device, all it does is secure your papers with a small metal clip. Rather than puncturing you paperwork this clips the papers together easily and with no fuss at all. The clips are easy to load and the lever is easy to operate with a thumb, simply pull back to load a clip then push forward onto your papers. Perhaps best of all the clips are re-usable, it may not be as cost effective as cheap staples but if you have documents that you want to remain in pristine condition this is a great item.

Tefal ZC500H40 Infiny Press Revolution Juicer with Two Filters for Juice/ Coulis, 300 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a powerful juicer that creates a smooth tasty juice.

There are downsides to it, in that the feeder tubes are a little small and you have to chop you fruit, also citrus fruit must be peeled. That is minor niggly bits really, as the juicer actually squeezes your fruit, rather than shredding, the finished product seems more appealing. I also seem to get masses of juice out. The machine is quite quiet, easy to strip and clean just feels like a very well made bit of kit, recommended.

NOCO BLSOLAR2 Solar Battery Charger
NOCO BLSOLAR2 Solar Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Seems to be doing a really good job of keeping my motorcycle battery topped up, I just leave the panel on the seat when I am away (bike is in a locked yard) and while its hard to tell I think that there is a little more gusto to the starter than there used to be. A top quality product.

NOCO BLSOLAR5 Solar Battery Charger