Profile for K. Vine > Reviews

Content by K. Vine

K. Vine "VynZ" (Bristol, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kingston Technology DataTraveler 100 Generation 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1/USB 3.0 Flash Drive - 8 GB

1.0 out of 5 stars Abysmally slow., 12 May 2015
4MB write on a USB3 drive? Glad I only bought the 8GB model as this is going into the bin. Sorry, Kingston usually make great products. Wanted to share some photos I had just taken with my digital camera. They took 2 min to take off the memory card to my hard drive and then 15 min to get from my hard drive onto this usb drive. At least we had a good laugh.

Giottos GTAA1900 Rocket Air Blower - Black
Giottos GTAA1900 Rocket Air Blower - Black
Offered by Micro-Tools Europe_1

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and genuinely worth the money., 22 Dec. 2014
Excellent and genuinely worth the money. I bought this and a cheaper no-name one. The Giottos really works 100 times better giving a powerful blast of air.

Taylors Eye Witness 5 Piece Dexterity Coloured Knife Block
Taylors Eye Witness 5 Piece Dexterity Coloured Knife Block
Offered by A Cut Above Knives

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice to look at, poor to cut anything with., 22 Dec. 2014
Very disappointed with this knife set. They look very pretty but the quality is not what I expected. They are all pretty dull but the breadknife is particularly useless. I bought this to replace a 5 year old Tesco own brand knife set but I cant use these knives. Looks pretty in the kitchen though, if an ornament is what you are after. See my video of the breadknife in action. http://youtu.be/VNKl0APD6Do
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2014 6:02 PM GMT

Sony SAL1635Z Alpha 16-35mm F2.8 Carl Zeiss Wide Angle Zoom Lens
Sony SAL1635Z Alpha 16-35mm F2.8 Carl Zeiss Wide Angle Zoom Lens
Offered by Koester GERMANY
Price: £1,517.73

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent zoom., 1 Oct. 2014
This is an excellent lens that has excellent contrast and sharpness throughout it's usable range. It is so good that it has replaces three of my fixed focal length primes (20/2.8, 28/2.8 and 35/1.4). Yes it is quite heavy and the adaptor required for use on my A7R makes it even bigger but it is lighter than the combined weight of the three lenses it has replaced. One issue is that the autofocus is extremely slow when used on an A7 with the LA-EA3 adaptor (2-3 sec). Not a problem for me as I manually focus anyway but good to be aware of.

Sony LAEA3 35mm Full Frame A-Mount Adapter
Sony LAEA3 35mm Full Frame A-Mount Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but very good., 26 Sept. 2014
Given what this does I am surprised that this adaptor is so small, compact and lightweight. However being a same-brand adaptor, the autofocus speed when using lenses should be quicker. I use it with a SAL-1635Z and the autofocus is very slow compared with the nearly instant autofocus of the kit E mount lens. I also find that the fit on the E mount side of this adaptor, where it attaches to the camera body, could be more rigid although this may have more to do with the E mount design rather than the adaptor itself. Very good value for money as only a bit more expensive than some metal-only adaptors e.g. AI-NEX.

Joby Gorillapod Original - Black
Joby Gorillapod Original - Black
Offered by Its New 2 You

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy versatile product., 3 Aug. 2012
This is a very good product meant to be used in places where a regular tripod would not work. I can't understand why some people think this can be used as a solid tripod or that it can support a SLR camera. It is not meant for that!

Rolson 62926 36pc Hobby Knife Set
Rolson 62926 36pc Hobby Knife Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 3 Aug. 2012
Obviously not a top-class professional product but still very good quality. More than adequate for my purposes. The kit contains a wide variety of tools to make most jobs a breeze.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt work, 3 July 2012
Delivered next day thanks to Amazon unfortunately unit behaved eratically constantly sending '////////////////////////////////' to the computer until the receiver was unplugged. Touchpad only scrolls but none of the keys work, neither did the backlight. Now I have nothing for my presentation tomorrow. That will teach me to order stuff last minuite!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Samsung 32GB Essential SD Memory Card with Frustration Free Packaging
Samsung 32GB Essential SD Memory Card with Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but spooked by packaging, 13 May 2012
I was not aware that 'frustration free' packaging meant that the card came unsealed in a used looking plastic box. However it has worked perfectly so my fears were not realised.

Very good performing card, can take 1080p video with stereo sound no problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2013 1:16 PM GMT

Nikon COOLPIX AW100 Waterproof Compact Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., 13 May 2012
This is a find point and shoot camera particularly for taking those handheld no-flash shots which the sensitive sensor coupled with optical image stabilisation make really easy. Lovely results but make sure to turn OFF the motion sensor anti-blur as the high iso that it uses spoils images. I thought the camera was broken until I turned this off.

There are a number of features that makes this camera stand out:

This is the only waterproof rugged camera I know of that does 1080p video with stereo sound.
The battery/card door is on the side so can still be operated while it is on a tripod.

A case is also a must because the lens is allways exposed and gets fingered easily.

The only reason for not giving 5 stars is that you can hear the camera focusing in the videos.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3