Profile for RB > Reviews

RB

The Last Word
The Last Word

5.0 out of 5 stars A memorable book, 22 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Last Word (Kindle Edition)
Although occasionally slow in parts, this book has stayed with me long after I finished reading it. The characters are somehow vivid, despite the typically sparse descriptions Kureishi gives them. As well as its cleverness and vocab, there is also a good story in here, with a fun twist. Recommended to anyone who enjoys reflecting on the human condition.

SN-LTQB-Z7C9 Motorcycle Heated Grips Bike Handlebar
SN-LTQB-Z7C9 Motorcycle Heated Grips Bike Handlebar
Offered by NIGHTINGALES

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and effective, 16 Dec. 2013
These are a breeze to fit and I like the fact I don't have to sacrifice my original bar grips. They get nice and hot and seem to work well so far. No complaints.

GARDMAN HEAVY DUTY WILD BIRD FEEDER GROUND POLE/STAKE
GARDMAN HEAVY DUTY WILD BIRD FEEDER GROUND POLE/STAKE
Offered by Oasis Gardening

3.0 out of 5 stars pole is fine - but make sure you get the adaptor at the top, 5 April 2013
This pole works fine with the birdseed feeder from gardman. However, you must have the adaptor to go on the top, and my pole did not come with that. Nor did the supplier know anything about it. Gardman direct are helpful and sent me one for free.

Philips SHQ3017/10 Action Fit Sports Headphones with iPhone Remote Control and Mic

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 6 Oct. 2011
I'm sorry and disappointed to say that these headphones are the worst sound quality I think I have ever heard. Imagine the white ones you get with your iPod. Not great but ok, right? These philips ones are about 1/10 as good. Compared to my Bose sound cancelling ones they are a joke. The bass is virtually inaudible, even in a quiet room, and I will write to Philips to question their "bass pumping stereo sound" description. It really is inaccurate and unfair.
In other ways the headphones perform satisfactorily; they are comfy and seem well-made, and that earns them one star. However in their main purpose, which is to create pleasant sound, they fail.
Philips need to do better.
RB
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2013 12:55 PM BST