Profile for MrColobus > Reviews

Content by MrColobus

MrColobus (Rochester, UK)

PowerBee ® Executive Solar Phone Charger for iPhone 2G 3G 3Gs 4, and nearly all handhelds in the UK including Samsung Galaxy s, HTC desire, Ipods, PSP's, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, Tom Tom, mp3 players, and many more..

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept two smart phones running through 5 days at the Glastonbury Festival, 20 Mar 2012
I bought the Powerbee Executive prior to Glastonbury 2011 to keep two phones (HTC HD7 & Xperia X10 Mini Pro) going.
At the start of the five days I made sure it was fully charged by USB in the car on the Wednesday morning, I left it in the sun when at our tent or sitting around and then topped up our phones each night. We did turn off unnecessary data usage to conserve power but I was still impressed that this charger had sufficient capacity with top ups from the sun to keep both phones running for five days.

With subsequent useage I've found that it can recharge my HTC HD7 almost twice over from a full charge making it an excellent backup power source.

With regards to solar charging it does require outdoor sunlight for at least a day for a full charge, but this is no more than is claimed, or than I would expect. If you aim to charge from USB when you can and then keep it topped up in the sun then I think you'll be very pleased. However if you buy this with the intention of solely powering your phone from the sun then you have unrealistic expectations and will be disappointed.

Overall I believe this an excellent product.

LINDY 31663 - USB 2.0 cable - Type A Male to Micro-B Male - 0.5m
LINDY 31663 - USB 2.0 cable - Type A Male to Micro-B Male - 0.5m

2.0 out of 5 stars Different brand cable sent, 22 Jan 2012
The cable I received is not the one pictured, in fact it doesn't appear to be a Lindy cable at all. However it works and only costs a few pounds so unless it fails I'm not going to go through the process of returns/exchanges refunds etc. but I certainly won't use the seller again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2014 2:15 PM BST

Case-Mate HTC HD7 Tough Case - Black
Case-Mate HTC HD7 Tough Case - Black
Offered by Modern-Tech

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked without ever being dropped, 18 Aug 2011
Had the case about 6 months then one day it just cracked! Plastic seems quite brittle so I'm guessing it's tight fit was it's downfall.