Profile for Gabriella Christina > Reviews

Content by Gabriella Chri...

Gabriella Christina "Gabriella Christina" (London United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Best Man Holiday [DVD]
The Best Man Holiday [DVD]
Dvd ~ Monica Calhoun

2.0 out of 5 stars I honestly don't know about this one., 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Best Man Holiday [DVD] (DVD)
First off, I absolutely adored the first movie - loved it, loved it, loved it. I wore out the VHS tape just rewinding to watch the electric slide at the end, even the DVD is looking worn. I lost count of the amount of friends that got the first DVD as presents.

Therefore, I am writing this review with a very heavy heart. For me, it was dull, cliched and boring. There is no way, it can be classed as a holiday movie and the cursing throughout ensures that it can't be a family movie either.

The bad: the ongoing feud between Harper and Lance, Robin still having issues with Jordan being Harper's ex, the violent cursing in front of the kids, the filthy sex jokes particularly from Quentin and Shelby, the depressing viewing of Mia dying of cancer, the jokes that were supposed to be funny but weren't, Lance wailing at the graveside (too depressing at Christmas), Quentin and Shelby did not appear to have matured at all, we did not need to be reminded of Candice's previous occupation, we did not need to know about hers or Shelby's prowess in the bedroom. These people are supposed to be in their mid 30's - grow up and get with it.

The good: the gorgeous eye candy that is Morris Chestnut and Eddie Cibriani, when the men danced for the ladies after dinner, Lance and Mia's gorgeous house, the start of the movie when they rewound and then showed how successful they had become, the fact that they all saw through their differences by the end of the movie, the birth of Harper and Robin's baby, lovely Christmas songs, none of the actors have aged at all.

I'm not sure what could have saved the movie,really. Maybe, Mia being portrayed as a cancer survivor would have been nice or Jordan's boyfriend telling everyone that he was going to ask her to marry him, have everyone doing wedding arrangements in secret behind the scenes, Jordan accepting the proposal and the movie ending with a beautiful winter white wedding on new year's eve on the grounds of Lance and Mia's mansion. I repeat,the house is gorgeous.

Sorry for the spoiler but it has to be said. I'm not sure if I will watch this again. Such a shame. But I cannot see myself getting this out on every holiday to watch a young mother, coughing up blood and dying of cancer in front of her husband, children and friends. It was just too real and not entertaining. Some movies should never have a sequel and this is proof.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars refreshing herbal tea, 19 April 2014
I have one cup a day and feel better for it. I alternate with mornings tea from time to time also.

Black Butterfly PS2 Satin Bridesmaid Wedding Prom Shrug Bolero Wrap Cardi Jacket (12, Silver (Grey))
Offered by Black Butterfly Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect coverall for my evening dress, 19 April 2014
And it is small enough not to detract from my main outfit but practical to keep the chill off if necessary.

Scandal - Season 1 [DVD]
Scandal - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kerry Washington

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a scandal that I discovered this great show so late, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Scandal - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I tried getting into Scandal when it first aired. But being the impatient sort of person, after the first 20 minutes of the very first episode, I gave up and BEFORE seeing the extremely hot,"look at me......look at me" incident in the Oval Office. Recently, I was sat at home, drifting through channels and stumbled on Episode 6. It was such an 'oh my goodness' episode and one of the most romantic scenes I have ever experienced on prime time TV. If anyone needs encouragement to invest in Scandal, then watch that single episode. I then found myself feverishly trying to find all the back episodes so that I could catch up on the romance of Olivia Pope and the President. In the end, I bought the DVD and have been hooked ever since. Scandal is without a doubt a first class show. Love it.

Blue Banana - Ivory Figure Hugging Diamante Dress - Size 12
Blue Banana - Ivory Figure Hugging Diamante Dress - Size 12
Offered by Blue Banana

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best purchases I have ever made in my life, 10 Aug 2013
I needed a white/ivory dress for a special occasion. After trawling the high street to no avail, I resorted to online shopping and stumbled on this dress purely by chance. My goodness !!! Wow ! The dress arrived 48 hours after ordering. It was gift wrapped beautifully with a lollipop in the box. The dress fit like a glove. I am a 12 and ordered a 12. It has lots of Lycra so it really pulls you in nicely. The embellishment on the shoulder is a nice touch. I looked so lovely that I found myself trying it on every day, in anticipation of the entrance I intended to make in an outfit that I would not normally wear. I received compliments all night and I wasn't even the host of the party. I am going to buy the red and black one. For the price, it is amazing value and the quality of the dress is first class as well as the service. Blue Banana are now on my favourites page. I know where to go for that special occasion outfit in future.

WOMENS SLIMMING CONTROL UNDERWEAR TUBE DRESS (10/12, NUDE)
WOMENS SLIMMING CONTROL UNDERWEAR TUBE DRESS (10/12, NUDE)
Offered by CattyB's Lingerie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove !!, 10 Aug 2013
I needed something to give me smooth lines in a white fitted dress that I had for a special occasion. I received it 24 hours after I ordered. I am size 12 and ordered 10-12. It fitted like a glove, made me look a million dollars in my dress and most importantly did not ride up at all, which was a big worry for me. Such a bargain price. I would love to invest in other colours if they make them.

SMS Audio SYNC By 50 Cent Over-Ear Wireless Headphones - Black
SMS Audio SYNC By 50 Cent Over-Ear Wireless Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy cheap, buy twice., 22 Feb 2013
I have lost count of the money I have lost over the years convincing myself that I could get good quality without paying through the nose for it. I've lost count of the times I have had to spend more replacing a product that I thought would last. Even my husband is complaining about his Dre headphones and they weren't cheap. I decided to take the plunge and spend more than I ever have on headphones and I really couldn't be more happier. What a bargain when I think of all that it offers. Sturdy, perfect sound, case for travelling, stylish for a 30+ woman like myself. It is very evident that the clever business man in 50 waited for everyone to flood the market with headphones, he then researched all the flaws, failings and feedback from customers and came out with a first class product to rival them all. Clever man.

Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Best £16.70 I've spent in ages !!, 26 Nov 2012
I went to the nurse at my local doctor as I was concerned about headaches I was getting. I was told that my blood pressure was 133/91 (mild hypertension). I was concerned because although there is a hereditary link on my maternal side and some of my siblings are on beta blockers, I class myself as mega healthy. At most, I drink half a bottle of wine with a friend once a week and even that is rare. I do not smoke, I jog twice a week, bikram yoga once a week. Rarely eat red meat, genuinely follow a low fat regime and have a BMI of 25 and a cholesterol count of 5.5. I am not stressed at all in my personal or professional life.

Ignore the bad reviews of this product. It does what it says on the tin. I initially thought that it was a dud when readings were all over the place. Diastolic pressure going from 88 to 99 in the space of two minutes !!!! I went to the nurse at work and the readings were all over the place too. She said I was stressing, I was. Finally I started to relax and the readings started to be consistent.

How I went from 133/92 to 128/75 in one month !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Essential Oils - I came across people online waxing lyrical about the benefits of essential oils in treating high blood pressure. I used ylang, ylang, lavender and sweet marjoram which I put in a diffuser and had on night and day in the house. I also massaged it raw onto the soles of my feet every evening and mixed the residue on my hands with a carrier oil and massaged around my neck.

Milk Thistle - I took milk thistle in an attempt to detox the chemicals from my body after 20 years of drinking aspartame in sugar free drinks. I had no idea of the risks involved until the nurse at the surgery told me.

Water ! Water! Water ! - I had no idea that lack of water ( I hate water) can cause high BP. I drunk 84 oz of pure filtered water every day, which equated to half my body weight in ounces. I love water now. I have a filter jug on my desk right now. Google dehydration and high blood pressure. You're in for a shock.

Multi Vitamin - I took a good multi vitamin

Organic hibiscus tea three times a day. I try to drink the first cup on rising with a touch of honey, it is a diuretic and I lost a lot of weight. I also made up a jug of the stuff and put it in the fridge - very refreshing.

Baby Aspirin - 75mg Enteric tablets. Two at night.

One month later, I went back to the nurse and took this BP machine with me. She took my pressure on her machine and mine and it came out the same. 128/75, even the other two readings were consistently the same. For such a small price, you get the chance to keep a check on your bp in your own time. Best £16.70 I've spent in a long time.

Girl On Fire
Girl On Fire
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars The album is PURE FIRE !!!, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Girl On Fire (Audio CD)
Lissy (we got it like that !!!) is one of the only artists who consistently delivers on every single album. Most artists have a hit or miss period in their careers - not her. There is no need to fast forward past the rubbish songs because there are none. The most important thing is that as an artist and a woman she is confident and assured in herself and her abilities. In this day and age where her contemporaries are feverishly competing to stay relevant by making provocative videos or prancing around half naked in a video, Alicia needs none of that. So what if Beyonce collabo'ed on her last album and Nicki Minaj on this one. She doesn't feel threatened by that at all. Even seasoned artists like JLo and Madonna are digging their nails in to compete with artists young enough to be their daughters.

Alicia keys stands head and shoulders above all of them. She has remained focused and on the ball. So far the stand out songs for me are 'Tears always win', 'That's when I knew', 'One Thing' and 'Fire we make'. I wish her all the best in her career. Bob Dylan once said, 'There's nothing about that girl that I don't like' and I couldn't agree more. She is an outstanding artist and no doubt a great mother and wife. Alicia, I honestly salute you.

The Complete Caribbean Cookbook
The Complete Caribbean Cookbook
by Pamela Lalbachan

5.0 out of 5 stars Should take pride of place in all kitchens, 24 Aug 2012
I love Caribbean food but will confess that I wasn't one of those women that was 'under' my mother when she was cooking so although I am a good cook, I have attempted and failed on many occassions to recreate some of her authentic dishes. The person who wrote this book deserves a medal. I cooked stewed beef, curried goat and peas soup following her recipe and although I have many cook books few of them have been as exact or easy to follow as these recipes. Over the years, I have tried recipes; dishes from other islands and WOW (!!!!!) If you love Caribbean food and want to become an expert please invest in this book. You will find in time that it is money well spent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7