Profile for C Roy > Reviews

Content by C Roy

C Roy

JVC High-Quality Portable Lightweight On-Ear Audio Headphones with 3-way Foldable Design - Black
Offered by MyMemory

4.0 out of 5 stars THEY SOUND AMAZING FOR R'N'B, 12 Aug. 2010
Well, how to start? Also, excuse my bad english,I am very tired as I have just done a journey from England to Hawaii where I bought these in the Heathrow duty Free. I liked them so much and decided to do a review on here :)
Design wise, I believe they look quite pretty. Nice sleek glossy plastic that feels solid and Mirrored grainy plastic on the ear cups with a clear plastic cover on top. Saying that they feel solid, well, they do but you can bend them quite a considerable amount. This is not a bad thing in my eyes though as it means they have alot of give if being lent on something or being knocked around. On the crux of the head band, there are two rather soft pads that sit on top of your head. These are made of some sort of thin soft Pleather that have a nice feel to them. The same material is used to line the cup and it feels rather like my pillow in my bed which I enjoy considerably :) Another useful thing is that the cable only leads to one ear cup meaning less cable to annoy you :)

Sound Wise, These are just too good for R'N'B! I have a wide range of music types on my ipod from Flo Rida to Bruce Springsteen to Bullet for my Valentine to The London Symphony Orchestra and I tested each style meticulously throughout my plane journeys. Although each genre sounds exceptional after a bit of playing around with the sound style thing on my ipod, I found the acoustic setting gave the richest sound. Also, the headphones have a very wide frequency set, meaning they pick up more notes, movements and the like in the song. In one of my Bon Jovi track I could even hear the guys fingers sliding up and down the guitar! This said, RNB trumpted the lot. These headphones seem to be best suited to picking up techno kind of noises and bass so they must be more DJ orientated I suppose...

All in all, these are well contructed, rich sounding, robust headphones that will probably last me a long while :)
My only downside is that I can't listen to them in bed as they get pushed off my head by my pillow :/
Hehe thank you for reading my badly written review. I will now get some sleep!