Profile for Jon > Reviews

Content by Jon

Jon

Page: 1 | 2
3.3ft/1M [Heavy Duty Series] Micro USB Charging & Sync Data Cable with Nylon Braided Design for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge / S4 / S3 / S2, Note 5 / 4 / 3 / 2, HTC One M9 / M8, Nexus 7 / 9 / 10, LG G4, Moto G / X, Nokia Lumia and More - Black
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Little Chap, 8 Jun. 2016
Bought this as backup cable to keep with my camera gubbins, and especially for one of my compact cameras, especially as the smaller end is more exposed allowing it to fit well and not get blocked by the cameras housing. I now use it more than the one that came with the camera.

What surprised me is how firm/rigid the cable is. It is flexible, but not like a normal cable. If you want a normal flexible cable then look elsewhere for this is not the cable you are looking for.

Kent KR500 500g Cotton Bag of Rags
Kent KR500 500g Cotton Bag of Rags

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Socks, 8 Jun. 2016
What can I say costs more than a bunch of old odd socks, but smells a lot better!

Had to have around the place for mopping up goop and excess stuff, applying goop to things, and generally, all round rag related tasks.

If you need Rags, you need a bag of 'em.

Nuff said.

Silverline 102529 Goblet Polishing Mop, 50 mm
Silverline 102529 Goblet Polishing Mop, 50 mm

4.0 out of 5 stars Shiny Shiny Things Of Metal, 8 Jun. 2016
What a great little doohickey.With the help of Poor Boys metal polish (the liquid blue dream fluid) I was able to bring up the shine on my deep dish steel rims, and remove scuffing from the chrome kick plates on my rear arches.

Be warned in tight areas you might run the risk of scuffing - but that is an operator issue.

For the price great little polisher, that should help bring out the shine on your spangly bits.

Hey Duggee: The Best Scarecrow Ever
Hey Duggee: The Best Scarecrow Ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Duggee For World Leader, 8 Jun. 2016
I have been a long time fan of Hey Duggee, and regularly follow the exploits of the Squirrels, his acolytes​, and their fearless leader Duggee. In our household, he has become akin to a spiritual leader with his sage wisdom.

Duggee is a dog of few words, but what is said is said with emotion and meaning.

Pop! Movies: Disney - Alice in Wonderland - Cheshire Cat
Pop! Movies: Disney - Alice in Wonderland - Cheshire Cat
Offered by Wi-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft Kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of fur..., 8 Jun. 2016
What can I say? The cutest Funko figure I own, sorry Deadpool.

Okay those teeth, and eyes that look like they should shoot lasers, but so cute!!!

He is also the smallest Funko figure I own - especially when stood next to his mate Funko-Godzilla.

OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener
OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener

5.0 out of 5 stars Custard Access Device, 8 Jun. 2016
These are the best non-automated can opener you can get.

They are comfortable (who'd have guessed it with a name like "Good Grips"), and the operation is surprisingly smooth and easy. You will not appreciate how good they are until you try them!

More importantly, I can now get into my cans of custard. A man needs his custard.

Funko POP Godzilla - Godzilla 6" Super Sized
Funko POP Godzilla - Godzilla 6" Super Sized
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars I like most of the Funko Pop figures, 8 Jun. 2016
What can I say? It's Godzilla!

I like most of the Funko Pop figures, but only buy the odd one that catches my fancy.

This is the largest figure I have bought, and dwarves my other figures, unsurprisingly. In fact, I think my Batman figure now has an inferiority complex.

This has become an ideal educational tool for me to teach my 2-year-old daughter how to say "Rarrr!!!" whilst mimicking a T-Rex with her arms. The lessons are coming on well thanks to this little fella.

Satan Is Watching
Satan Is Watching

5.0 out of 5 stars When your regular tunes can't cut it in this pop-infused commercial hell where most media outlets spew out drivel at you, 21 May 2015
This review is from: Satan Is Watching (Audio CD)
I like my music from a number of genres - but these guys have nailed that dark sinister country vibe with surgical precision (or possibly with a rusty spoon!). We all have a darker side, it is human ature, it all depends on whether you are in touch with it, so if you want something dark and brooding, that tugs at the soul then this is for you. They are two of the finest purveyors of Gothic Country I have heard. Just head over to YouTube and chek them out.

TRENDnet TEG-S50g 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch
TRENDnet TEG-S50g 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Metal Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price - allows me to have a ..., 21 May 2015
Well worth the price - allows me to have a couple of switches under the stairs, and I can turn one of them on and off remotely with a wireless plug socket - seeing as most standard routers don't offer access schdules for wired conenctions, and this does not effecct connections to the rest of the house.

Crumpler LDFPBP-001 Light Delight Full Photo Backpack with 13-Inch Laptop Compartment - Black_Parent

4.0 out of 5 stars Crumply Goodness, 21 May 2015
Great rucksack, holds my gear without issue. The only criticsm, hence 4 stars, is that the inner mesh "screen" that covers the equipment only has a single zipper-pull. So although you have two zipper-pulls on the outside you have to almost completely undo one side in order to open up the mesh to get at your get. Might sound petty, but it is not an expensive option for the sake of convenience, and would speed up time to get the camera out!

Page: 1 | 2