Profile for Mr. Stephen Bailey > Reviews

Content by Mr. Stephen Bailey

Mr. Stephen Bailey "shorts reader" (Exeter, Devon England)

Why Do Astronauts Float?: 50 Misconceptions Even Clever People Have About Basic Science

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must read' book for all Parents !, 12 Aug. 2015
This is fascinating stuff. As a Home Educator I thought this would be useful for my children, and it certainly will, but I'm glad I got to read it first !!
A brilliant book for adults or children. Really made me think too about the general misconceptions we must all have about many subjects.
Highly recommended.

The Corrections
The Corrections
by Jonathan Franzen

5.0 out of 5 stars A great novel. I read a lot and this would ..., 10 May 2015
This review is from: The Corrections (Paperback)
Couldn't let a single two star review stand ! A great novel. I read a lot and this would be in my top 10.

Break It Yourself
Break It Yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great album., 29 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Break It Yourself (Audio CD)
I am new to Andrew Bird. When listening to this album I have an imaginary conversation with my freinds.
'Who is this then guys?'
'Hey, that's David Byrne!'
'No way man, thats Paul Simon'
'No no no, that's James Taylor surely!'
'Hang on, isn't that an early Galaxie 500 track?'
I would love to chat to Mr Bird and ask him who his influences are, possibly all of those above. There isn't a duff track on this album, it's fabulous. If like me you enjoy buying music by artists that are new to you, taking a chance in other words, then take a chance with this. My guess is that, like me, you will be hugely impressed.

The Stories of Breece D'J Pancake
The Stories of Breece D'J Pancake
by Breece D'J Pancake

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have collection, 26 Jun. 2006
I originally came across this collection of stories by accident, and as soon as I had read the first one I began to search for more material by this astounding author. Sadly his life was short and this remains the only collection available. When reading these stories one can tell that little research was required, this was his life, his land and his people. The characters and situations are so consistent, so real, that it is easy to slip into this dark and troubling world and feel part of it. Pancake has the true gift of writing as though this was easy, as if these words are flowing without effort, and yet he worked tremendously hard to achieve this effect, and the end result is simply stunning. Read this, if you appreciate true writing genius you will not be disappointed.