Profile for sandy > Reviews

Jaguar Metal Chrome Tyre Valve Dust Cap
Jaguar Metal Chrome Tyre Valve Dust Cap
Offered by OneStopCarShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great., 3 May 2014
Yes, it's a daft purchase but they really do look the business! If you have a Jag and want to buy it a present you could do a whole lot worse for the money. I am genuinely very happy with these.

Scarecrow [DVD]
Scarecrow [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lacey Chabert
Offered by FILMNIGHT

1.0 out of 5 stars No, it isn't., 3 May 2014
This review is from: Scarecrow [DVD] (DVD)
It's Jeepers Creepers on a budget. With worse actors. If you have nothing else to do and it's raining and you're hungover go for it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2014 3:09 AM BST

Somme Mud
Somme Mud
by E P F Lynch

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Somme Mud (Paperback)
The most harrowing, brutally honest and mesmerizing book I have ever read in my life. I read a great deal of history and past favorites like Stalingrad or Berlin by Antony Beevor or The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajor which I found gripping really do pale a little by comparison to this. Perhaps not in the historically informative way Beevor presents things but as a first person perspective of the hideous violence which took place in the Great War or any conflict this cannot be surpassed.

There is a moment in the book where Lynch writes about going for a walk through trenches wrestled from the Germans a couple of weeks before and now behind the front line. He talks about rows of British corpses lying in straight lines, shoulder to shoulder. Each a little closer to the German trench as the first were wiped out, the second made it another 20 yards as the Germans reloaded, the third line making it 20 yards closer etc. Then he describes the scene of the hand to hand combat which took place by the position of the corpses. It is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life. Had Lynch not written about it, who would ever even know how these men died? We still do not know their names but at least we know it happened.

There is simply no possibility that I could do this book or it's author justice or even praise it highly enough but will say that this book is as enthralling as it is important.

The Clock Tower Ghost
The Clock Tower Ghost
by Gene Kemp

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Clock Tower Ghost (Hardcover)
Remember that book you read over and over again as a kid? This was mine. I've read it twice since I got it too! Guilty pleasure but it is great.

The Devil's Due [Blu-ray]
The Devil's Due [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Zach Gilford

1.0 out of 5 stars I've had more frightening dumps. Today., 18 Feb 2014
YAWN! Remember that movie with the irritating, 28 year old college kid types who film their every move even when something awful is "really" happening? No, not that one. Or that one. Yeah, that's the one. Well, if you liked that and wanted to see a really poorly directed, produced, written remake of it which has all the thrills, tension, wit and charm of an old dog shivering in the rain then see this.

Actually, scratch that. I would fetch an old soggy dog a blanket and a bone. I'd leave this shivering in the 50p, straight to video bargain bin it belongs.

BlackBerry PlayBook - Tablet - 64 GB - 7" TFT ( 1024 x 600 ) - rear camera + front camera - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth

1.0 out of 5 stars Major Problems. Best Avoided, 27 April 2013
I received one of these for Christmas after seeing one in a local electrical shop. I was initially very happy with it and it worked very well but after a month it began to drop Internet connection and then failed to access any websites at all or even to connect to my laptop. I scoured the Internet for advice and was instructed to carry out a security wipe. Of course this meant losing everything I had stored on the tablet but I had little choice. After about a week of trawling through forums and Blackberry help pages I managed to complete the security wipe and restart the tablet. It took this long because the tablet software is so hopelessly bad it wont allow you to connect to the Internet, choose your language, choose your country or even allow you to agree with BB's T&C's.

It worked for two weeks and the same thing happened. I've been trying to rectify it for days now and it's just hopeless. I deeply regret buying this tablet and should have spent more money and gotten one which actually works.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS DEVICE.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 6 Sep 2012
Love it. Easy to use, powerful, good battery.

FAR better than my last trimmers. Would recommend this product to anyone, good price too.